FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water cooling.

Post Date: 2014-10-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Water cooling.
    Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 8:06am
Hello,

I need the answer from a DS employee or someone that has done this or asked a similar question in the past.

I'd like to start off with 2 GPU, but I'd like to have this selected.

H20: HydroLux Level 5: Digital Storm Exotic Custom Cooling System (4x Video Cards + CPU + Chipset)

So I'm wondering if I can go with 2 GPU's, have that selected. And have the rest of the water cooling components (tubes, blockers etc) sent with the shipment. So I could later myself add more GPU's of same kind and then connect the rest of the water cooling components in. Does the loop have to be set up in a special way or just so the water can run through.

Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Online
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 8:40am
heyas King... best bet to get the right answer would be to email alex or nav directly... @digitalstormonline.com
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 10:37am
That's a great question, and yes we can do that. If you select the 4x option, we can include two extra liquid cooling blocks for two GPUs and any other hardware but please note, if something goes wrong with the two new GPUs or there is some physical damage on other components from the changes, we can't help with replacement service on them.

It's best to have a unit come in for service and have us do the upgrades later versus having you do it all on your own.

If you still would like to go with the 4x cooling option, just select it and include special notes about your request when you order.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Alex

That's a great question, and yes we can do that. If you select the 4x option, we can include two extra liquid cooling blocks for two GPUs and any other hardware but please note, if something goes wrong with the two new GPUs or there is some physical damage on other components from the changes, we can't help with replacement service on them.

It's best to have a unit come in for service and have us do the upgrades later versus having you do it all on your own.

If you still would like to go with the 4x cooling option, just select it and include special notes about your request when you order.

Alright, thank you for the answer, Alex. How hard would it be to setup the rest of the components if I'd go with 2 GPU's?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 11:25am
It can be a challenge, it's hard to say since every custom build can be different. It won't be easy, that's what I know for sure. If you're already spending so much money, I highly suggest letting us do it for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply