FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Velox and General DS Questions.

Post Date: 2014-09-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
crash_panic View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote crash_panic Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Velox and General DS Questions.
    Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 2:59pm
So I've been really interesting in getting a DS gaming pc for quite some time.
I was almost really settling on getting the Bolt II for something easy to just transport around, and have even debating just staying with my old Corsair 800D and upgrading the parts to the new X99 systems. The deciding factor however was the release of the DS Velox Case. This thing is stunning and absolutely my perfect case.

I'll start  with my main general question:

I've already started my upgrading process on my current PC and now use 2 GTX Titan Blacks in SLI. is there a way to opt out getting graphics cards in the PC that I order?

What about other parts like Fans? (I don't really care about this one, as most of mine are 120mm corsair SP fans and on the velox I would got 140mm's  but its a good question still)

The Velox Case description states its an ATX case and originally the Rampage V board was not listed and now it is. Does this case handle E-ATX boards as well?

The case shows a slim drive bay as well as a multi card reader. Do I have to select the multi card reader in the expansion bay area of the build sheet as well as a regular dvd burner for the slim optical bay? Can I select the blu ray burner as well for the slim bay?

I have purchased a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate already and use 3 Samsung SSD's I am given the option of not purchasing any storage drives with this system which is fine, but do I have to buy another OS disc? I'm also assuming software discs that would come with the machine would include the things like the DS Thermal Management Software also for LED control when included when you purchase the control board? Allowing me to do an install on the OS drive I have currently..

So those were all my questions :) I hope to be picking this up soon. Maybe wait until Corsair release they're new Dominator 3000 DDR4 Ram.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Edited by crash_panic - 06 Sep 2014 at 3:19pm
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 4:25pm
Hi crash_panic.... The Velox case is a recent DS, in house design, so all we know is what the specs describe. It doesn't list the E-ATX case so it probably doesn't fit.   DS would need to answer some of your questions.

In the past, DS required a graphics card, even the least expensive, and OS drive and a version of Windows installed for the testing they perform. I'm assuming that's still the case.

I believe their Thermal software isn't included on a disc, being proprietary, but it's always available with a link they provide if needed.

I'd send them an email, or see if Alex shows here later to help.

Good luck.

Black Fire Dragon View Drop Down

Quote Black Fire Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 4:28pm
Same here, was looking at the bolt II but decided against it seeing how it couldn't fit a raid option or crazy sound card and now looking at the Velox, currently waiting for Nvidia 900 series to release before i set my decision in stone.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 12:46pm
Thank you for considering Digital Storm! Here are my replies:

1. We can definitely build a PC without graphic cards, but please note that you will be responsible for support if you encounter issues related to them. This includes replacement service. Please contact our team directly ([email protected]) so we can help you with a config without graphics cards.

2. We do not recommend having us build a system without fans.

3. The chassis does NOT support E-ATX boards, sorry. If you want an E-ATX motherboard, we suggest the Aventum II or Hailstorm II systems.

4. We do include the card reader with all Velox builds.

5. You can change the optical drive by customizing it to a Blu-ray version.

6. Yes, we recommend purchasing an operating system with the PC or else we cannot provide you with any Windows's based support.
crash_panic View Drop Down

Quote crash_panic Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Alex

Thank you for considering Digital Storm! Here are my replies:

1. We can definitely build a PC without graphic cards, but please note that you will be responsible for support if you encounter issues related to them. This includes replacement service. Please contact our team directly ([email protected]) so we can help you with a config without graphics cards.

2. We do not recommend having us build a system without fans.

3. The chassis does NOT support E-ATX boards, sorry. If you want an E-ATX motherboard, we suggest the Aventum II or Hailstorm II systems.

4. We do include the card reader with all Velox builds.

5. You can change the optical drive by customizing it to a Blu-ray version.

6. Yes, we recommend purchasing an operating system with the PC or else we cannot provide you with any Windows's based support.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.
That's answered a lot of questions about this new case, and I'm actually very excited to jump for it. I will definitely add the 140mm Corsair SP fans when I make the purchase. Though the option given only says 6 fans, I would most likely send an email to sales requiring all 8 be changed.

The question about E-ATX. I read the dimensions and it didnt make sense that the Asus X99 Rampage was on the option for motherboard for that case and is why I asked. I would have liked to go with that rampage but hey atx motherboards are just as great :)
 Post Reply Post Reply