FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish II Audio Plugs Question

Post Date: 2014-06-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zdrastochye View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote zdrastochye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish II Audio Plugs Question
    Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 7:42am
I am currently considering purchasing one of the V2 configurations, but I have a question regarding the audio plugs available on this board.

I currently use a Logitech Z-5300e sound system that I bought 7 years or so ago and I'm very happy with.

My current motherboard has 6 analog plugs for audio, 3 of which are in use by these speakers - it uses a subwoofer, front, and rear plug, with the other 3 not in use being side speaker, and line in + mic. There are also front panel headphone + mic in plugs. I normally don't use the microphone on my headphones as they conveniently can plug into the logitech volume dial.

My concern is that the V2 config only appears to have 3 plugs (and the picture does not really show them layout of the back very well, it's way too far and not zoomed in enough). There doesn't appear to be any specification for what they are beyond "3 audio jacks".

Is anyone able to detail the function of these and whether or not my sound setup will work with them, or if I will need to alter it somehow (and how?). Thank you
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 8:02am
Hi zdrastochye......   Here's a pic that might help.  It's for the H81M-A Plus mobo and uses the Realtec ALC 887 8 channel HD Codec.

Quote zdrastochye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 8:10am
Thanks, that shows it much better. Is there a way that this 5.1 sound system can be compatible with just that 1 plug, or would I have to choose something other than this Vanquish 2 to retain it?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 8:20am
I don't spend a lot of time with the audio end of things so maybe others can help. 

I believe you get stereo and simulated 5.1 but not sure. 

Let's see if anyone else chimes in.  Big%20Smile
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 8:42am
I'm going to paste a reply to someone else s question on 5.1 audio with Realtek ALC 887 with same audio ports.   

I haven't done it so.......

Quote..
I have the same motherboard as you and am currently listening to 5.1 on my Logitech Z506. I went to http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/ and downloaded the High definition Audio Codecs (I'm assuming your not using the AC'97... I have no idea if that makes a difference, however, it might*?*). Restart computer. In the system tray you will find Realtek HD Audio Manager. Open this. Select 5.1 Speaker and make sure all your optional speakers are checked. Now go and plug in the green audio cord to the center plugin an the back. The popup should open and select Front Speaker Out. If there is no pop up then look to the right under ANALOG back panel and double click the center (green) plug just to make sure
its front speaker out. Plug the Black cable into the BLUE plug in the back This is your Side Speaker Out (possibly Rear). The Orange plug goes in the remaining back plug and is center/subwoofer. Now if you press test it should be all good. If your playing stereo sound you will still only hear stereo. To fix this select "Speaker Fill" this upmixes to 5.1. Now when you play music it should come out of every speaker whereas 5.1 Movies will play in true 5.1.
Oh and I'm pretty sure (although I haven't properly tested it) If you want 7.1 that's when you have to add the 4th audio cable to your HD FRONT audio and make sure its correctly configured to the appropriate speakers.
Quote.

To open Audio Control Panel, right click the speaker in lower right of task bar, select Playback, highlight your speakers that have  green check, Configure button and select 5.1....I think. Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 14 Jun 2014 at 8:49am

Quote zdrastochye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 8:58am
Oh! That sounds like I could redefine those 3 plugs so that they output for the sub, front, and rear sets, instead of the default stereo, line, microphone. I already use the realtek manager but did not know it could do this. If so then I would have no issues getting the V2
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 9:03am
I don't know if this information is helpful or not... but on the Vanquish II case (Corsair 230T) there are audio plugs front, too. Audio out, mic, and 2 USB ports with the power and reset buttons.

As for the sound quality, I'm not a good source of information. Unilateral hearing loss (80%) means I have a one-channel world.   

Quote zdrastochye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 9:38am
Thanks guys, after reading more about the H81M-A motherboard and people asking similar questions, it seems you can use those 3 plugs to output the 5.1 sound properly. My shopping cart will soon be full
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 9:51am
Nice.  Strong     I have heard of remapping of audio ports, mainly laptops and some motherboards.    

Keep us updated with your order and the audio remap.  Big%20Smile

Post Reply Post Reply