Post Date: 2015-03-02

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
brian88 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote brian88 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 2 PC
    Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 2:22pm
Hi I bought a vanquish 2 pc about 2 months ago and in the last week I had the PC shut off and turn back on a message will appear
"Asus triggered Power Surge". I am worried, I also called DS but I am waiting for a reply, a reply would be nice!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 2:55pm
Hi brian88.... That message is usually a bad power supply, the motherboard detecting unstable voltage.   

Plug the pc directly into the wall, no surge protector, in case the surge protector is bad.

A bad connection from power supply to the motherboard can also cause it. If you feel comfortable doing it, unplug it, remove side panel and reseat the 24 pin connector from psu to the right side of the mobo. Plug back in and try it.

DS will fix this for you if this doesn't help.

Pacesetter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Pacesetter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 3:11pm

I agree with Bprat.

Also if you have AI suite installed, uninstall that. I have had problems with it and in my research on it I found it doesn't play nice with some other software and causes weird problems.

Also, just a note. You only get a part of the error message. It should read "Asus triggered Power Surge protection".
I guess it is like me going through a small door - just runs out of room for the whole thing to get through.    

Edited by Pacesetter - 02 Mar 2015 at 3:15pm
Vanquish II Ultimate.
I was laying in bed looking up at the stars and wondered "where is my ceiling?"
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 3:27pm
Try plugging it into the wall socket to see if the issue goes away.
brian88 View Drop Down

Quote brian88 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 11:56am
*Update*
Hi guys so I been searching through everything and found out it was not my pc... It is my house I guess there is a surge in my house. Today I got home and no lights, tv etc were on and I started playing Dying light, after 10 Minutes of game-play my PC would shutoff, but strangely it stayed on. I went to my kitchen and Turned on 2 lights, my pc shut off the second I went back in my room. Thanks for the help guys!!!
-Brian
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 2:35pm
HI brian88,

You should call your power company and have them check your power. Have them do a load test at your meter. They will look both ways and can tell you if there is a problem.

One test you can do yourself is to turn on a light in your kitchen and then start the garbage disposal. If your light dims or goes bright for an instant, you have a problem. If the light goes brighter for an instant you could have an open or high resistance neutral. That has to be fixed right away. I wouldn't run your computer until you know what the problem is.

Frank   
 Post Reply Post Reply