Post Date: 2014-08-31

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dax Doomslayer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Keeper of the commas
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dax Doomslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Uninterruptible Power Supply Specifications
    Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 10:25am
Hey Folks,
I'm trying to stagger costs and prior to my purchase of a DS Rig, I want to purchase a UPS.  I know there's been talk on this from time to time.  That said, I'm trying to figure out what size I should get.  Now, it may be difficult to determine as some of the hardware hasn't hit the market yet but the rig I would be getting will probably have:  1). Power Supply: 1200W Corsair AX1200i (Digitally Controlled Power); 2). Intel i7 5960X and 3). x3 NVIDIA 980 GTX video cards.  I have a 30" Dell Ultrasharp monitor (may go to 4K in the future).  Using this as kind of a baseline, does anyone have a 'guesstimate' as to what size UPS I should get?  I was thinking something along the lines of the APC 1500VA Uninterrupted Power & Surge Conditioner but I'm not sure if that would work.  Any guidance is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!  
Theokritos View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Theokritos Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 9:56am
I selected a CyberPower PR1500LCDRT2U to protect my Slade.
I use a couple of smaller UPS systems to protect my monitor, cable modem, cable router, external storage, and other miscellaneous devices.

While it is a rack mounted UPS, it comes with four plastic feet and mounting screws that can be used to configure it for a tower mount.

Considering the number of hits the local power grid has taken this spring and summer, including a couple of outages, I'm very happy to have my gear on a UPS system.

The primary factor in my selecting this module was that it was the only unit my local Mico Center had in stock that would support the 1050W Corsair Pro Silver 1050HX in my Slade.

Velox
Cool and Quiet
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
32GB DDR5 5200MHz
Radeon RX 7900 XTX
 Post Reply Post Reply