FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

System Image Restor??????

Post Date: 2014-03-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
milo15618 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote milo15618 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: System Image Restor??????
    Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 7:41pm
ok so in the past I created a system image CD of my computer just in case I ever needed it. Now that I need it i have a question. Does it only effect the Windows Hard drive? I have 2 hard drives in my comp, the C drive of course has windows and other programs installed. My D drive I just throw random crap into usually but as of right now I have everything I want backed up moved into it. I just want to be sure that if I do an image restore its not going to effect that hard drive to the way it was when I created the image. I dont exactly remember if it had the option of creating an image of that hard drive or not or if it automatically creates an image of all the hard drives in the computer.Bottom line, I dont want to loose everything on my D drive. Should I remove it before restoring or will it be fine?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 3:39am
Hi milo.. If you did a Win7 system image cd then normally it's a complete image of your boot drive. It's for just that drive and restores everything at the time of backup.      If you did the backup/restore option, it allowed you to select what files you wanted to save and restore later.

Hope this answers it.

Edited by bprat22 - 13 Mar 2014 at 3:41am
 Post Reply Post Reply