FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Slow ripping speed -- any help for it?

Post Date: 2014-05-31

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Socks223 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Socks223 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Slow ripping speed -- any help for it?
    Posted: 31 May 2014 at 10:51pm
My DS slade (delivered 4/14) w/ASUS DRW24-F1ST optical drive.  When burning CDs via Itunes, it won't go above 3.4x speed, and sometimes takes 3-5 minutes to burn a 1 minute track.  Does anyone know what's causing this?  And how to fix it?  Tried google and forum search but didn't find anything.
Theokritos View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Theokritos Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2014 at 11:32pm
Speed can be limited by the DVD/CD media that you are using. I too have a new Slade and I have been burning a number of Linux Distribution .iso files to DVD. My first few were rather slow as you described. I finally compared the speed range between two sets of blank DVDs and found that the ones that I first used ranged from 1x - 4x while the second set ranged from 1x - 16x. Naturally I switched media and my recording session sped up as well.
Velox
Cool and Quiet
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
32GB DDR5 5200MHz
Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Socks223 View Drop Down

Quote Socks223 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 9:57am
Hmm. . . that's interesting.  Hadn't considered that the disc itself might restrict rip/burn times.  Makes sense, though.  But I'm ripping CDs from several different sources and it's the same problem.  Not worth a tirade, of course Upset -- it's just irritating and I'd prefer not to deal with it. Thanks for the tip though.
 Post Reply Post Reply