FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shipping Question

Post Date: 2014-07-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Teege View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Teege Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Shipping Question
    Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 10:24am
I know nothing about how the shipping works which is why I'm trying to get more informed, but I'm rather annoyed as things stand. My order was completed (stage 7 finished) at 1:30pm last Thursday. That e-mail stated it'd ship out within one business day and the only thing that happened Friday was "a label printed out".

The tracking shows it will be here yet the following Monday (the 28th). Guess I'm wondering why it wasn't shipped that Thursday or that Friday. I figured it would have been here this week, and avoid another weekend, but that's not the case. Thank you for any input and clarification.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 11:21am
You'd need to contact DS for an authorized response, but we have seen where it did ship late Friday, within the 1 day estimated shipping,  picked up by the carrier, but since the carriers like UPS and FedEx don't do anything with it on weekends, its not till Monday the tracking starts.   If you're 5 days away, like on the east coast like myself,  then its 5 business days.  Weekends don't count.  So next Monday it arrives.  

Just a heads up....  sometimes the tracking once it starts isn't all that accurate.  Not a DS problem, its all the shippers.   It'll appear to sit in one spot for a few days.   The delivery date is usually accurate, regardless of the tracking status.

Hope this helps.  Big%20Smile
PcKiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote PcKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 11:22am
Where do you live, and what Pc did you order? Did you order Air shipping?

Edited by PcKiller - 22 Jul 2014 at 11:24am
I-5 14600 KF
ASUS Prime Z790-P D5
32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY Beast RGB
SSD M.2 2TB Samsung 990 PRO
RTX 4080 16GB
H20: Stage 3: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler
Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 by 1440
PcKiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote PcKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 11:27am
Originally posted by bprat22

If you're 5 days away, like on the east coast like myself,  then its 5 business days.    Big%20Smile
I have had stuff I ordered online at 3:00 PM in Pa. And from where they were in Washington state, got it to me by 2:00 PM the next day.

Trucking teams can go coast to coast in 2 and a half days legally.
I-5 14600 KF
ASUS Prime Z790-P D5
32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY Beast RGB
SSD M.2 2TB Samsung 990 PRO
RTX 4080 16GB
H20: Stage 3: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler
Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 by 1440
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 11:31am
2 and a half days would be great. Strong  But, its always 5 days in these cases with their standard ground.    
Teege View Drop Down

Quote Teege Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 1:46pm
Yesterday I talked with somebody using the "chat now" function and called customer service after, and neither gave me a response or explanation as to why. Also I live in Minnesota. The current facts I have are:

- Thurs (7/17) e-mail states computer is finished and will ship within one business day. Got the e-mail at 1:30pm (11:30am PST, their time).

- Fri (7/18) e-mail states Order Shipped! Got the e-mail at 6:42pm (4:42pm their time). Only thing showing up on tracking at this point is that a label was printed,  shipment "processed and ready for UPS."

- Last night Mon(7/21) at 10:11pm origin scan (so I assume that time was PST) and departed at 11:29pm. Still 4 days of transit left according to the page.

My mind still can't help but see something wrong with this picture.

Edit: Didn't see the other questions. It was a Bolt 2 and it was shipped Ground.

Edited by Teege - 22 Jul 2014 at 4:56pm
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 7:29pm
Well if its already shipped its in the shipping hands of UPS now.

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 22 Jul 2014 at 7:29pm
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
Teege View Drop Down

Quote Teege Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 8:50pm
Yep I understand that but what hasn't been explained is why the computer was finished Thursday morning, I was told by the company it was shipped Friday, and UPS didn't pick it up until very late Monday night.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Online Status: Online
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 5:51am
What you have here is UPS's famous ground shipping tracking service. Your parcel (in this case computer) will not actually be where the tracking service says it is.

Once a package has reached a hub, it will list as staying IN that hub for many days. Don't sweat it. I've seen packages arrive while the shipper says they are still 6 states away.

Remember, once something is 'scanned', that information has to go through 3 - 5 sets of data centers before it is released to the general public, or web site.

Don't sit on the UPS site smashing the refresh button... you'll just drive yourself crazy. Take the date offered for delivery and try to distract yourself until that day. Should you not receive your package (rig) ON or BEFORE that day, ~then~ you should be all over the shippers arse about it.

TL;DR ... It's up to UPS. Find something else to do til delivery date.   
nyalex76 View Drop Down

Quote nyalex76 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 8:07am
I am in the exact same situation, I got the email with the tracking number on friday, but the package was not picked up untill monday acroding to the website. I am in NY, so ground shipping is tracking to get here by monday the 28th. The wait is killing me, but hey I rather put the money into the system than on shipping. I have had packages in the past arrive days earlier than scheduled, so I am crossign my fingers for a friday dalivery. I work weekends so if it doesn't, at least I will be distracted through the weekend and get to play all day monday as soon as it arrives.
 Post Reply Post Reply