FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shipping options?

Post Date: 2013-11-07

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Diamondrock View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Diamondrock Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Shipping options?
    Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 8:04am
This isn't really a configuration question, but I figured this would be the best place to put it. I've decided on the configuration of the PC I'm going to buy, but I wanted to see if anyone with more experience could give me some idea of what the different shipping options that come along with an order.

For instance, if I order by the standard cheapest delivery option it will obviously be less taken care of than more expensive, but how exactly will it be shipped? Trackable, and will it require a signature? I live in an apartment building and I don't want there to be a chance that my PC is sitting in an obviously labeled box on my doorstep while I'm at work.

Thanks!
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 8:13am
All shipping methods are trackable and require a signature. The least expensive option is by standard ground (usually FedEx) and can take up to 10 business days to arrive depending on where you live. Most people choose this option and the system arrives without issue. Any shipping method can have it's own issues along the way so sometimes things are jarred loose during shipping. Freight shipping is kind of expensive depending what you're systems overall cost is but your computer is strapped to a pallet to make sure the box isn't tipped or rolled around too much! If I was spending less than $4k I would choose ground as those systems aren't that complex and not very likely to incur any damage from ground shipping. Now if your system is over 5k or involves custom water cooling then freight shipping starts looking like a better more secure option to lessen major bumps & drops during shipping. DS does an excellent job packing the computer so you shouldn't be worried by standard ground shipping causing damage to your rig.

Edited by fstcvc - 07 Nov 2013 at 8:14am
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
3xSLI EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN
Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB+512GB
HydroLux+XSPC CPU/MoBo/GPU Liquid Cooling
Diamondrock View Drop Down

Quote Diamondrock Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 11:49am
Thanks again for the help! It's greatly appreciated!
tbfoxrdms View Drop Down

Quote tbfoxrdms Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 5:43pm
I just got my shipping notification 10 minutes ago (yea!) and it is estimated to be delivered next Thursday, which is one week. I got the FedEx ground option. I hate to wait a whole week but I didn't want to pay for expedited shipping. Looking forward to getting it!

Post Reply Post Reply