FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Second PC from DS but confused.

Post Date: 2014-09-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
reflectionblue View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote reflectionblue Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Second PC from DS but confused.
    Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 9:55am
So, I have become pretty much slated as a firm supporter of DS. I bought my first PC a Vanquish Level 4 some time ago back last year, and since then it has truly lived up to its decree as a benchmark crusher. I think at some point in the next two years I may need to upgrade it parts wise. But right now it runs everything pretty much with the power of an enraged rhino.

However, last week my old gaming laptop, a Lenovo kind of bit the bullet on me. Plugging my charger into the laptop would result in a loud beep, followed by a loud beep if I removed the charger. It came on one night, and then just poof. Went out entirely. So not wanting to settle for anything less than the best I figured it was time for another custom made DS machine - now in travel size!

So I purchased a Krypton laptop, customized it the way I saw fit, Level 1 or 2 I believe. Already destroying benchmarks based on comparing parts and stuff to not only my DS desktop but my Lenovo. I am now in the shipped stage, and I was told my package was being sent out. But the tracking number (where the root of my issue is) takes me to a UPC site and tells me the tracking number is a dummy tracking number. :( It doesn't tell me anything about where my package is, nor does it tell me what is going on. And the status on the site tells me it was picked up.

I would just like some help here!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 10:06am
Hi reflectionblue.....  I obviously can't say for sure , DS would need to do that, but if the laptop shipped late yesterday, Friday, then you probably won't see any updates until sometime Monday.  Most shippers like UPS and FedEx don't do anything over the weekend. 

Until the carrier actually picks it up and logs it in, no tracking number is given.  

When did it ship?

Hope this helps. Big%20Smile

Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 10:59am
Hey reflectionblue, sorry to see you are having issues tracking your laptop. Could you provide the last three numbers of your order number and I can try to see what's going on.
danjw1 View Drop Down

Quote danjw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 11:13am
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi reflectionblue.....  I obviously can't say for sure , DS would need to do that, but if the laptop shipped late yesterday, Friday, then you probably won't see any updates until sometime Monday.  Most shippers like UPS and FedEx don't do anything over the weekend.  Until the carrier actually picks it up and logs it in, no tracking number is given.   When did it ship?Hope this helps. Big%20Smile

I don't think that is correct. Usually a shipper will print a label. At that point the shipper knows it is scheduled for pickup and will usually show that in the tracking data. Though it may take a bit to filter to where you can actually see that in the tracking data on their website. Usually it will show up in a few hours.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 11:32am
I've seen it myself and others on the forum have experienced the box showed shipped late in the day and no tracking info until sometime the next business day.

You're right, there might be a tracking number but no other data.  

Quote reflectionblue Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Nav

Hey reflectionblue, sorry to see you are having issues tracking your laptop. Could you provide the last three numbers of your order number and I can try to see what's going on.

This is the last three numbers of my order number: 384

And it is fine! I just wanted to be sure I knew when it was coming so that I wouldn't miss the drop off. It did say it shipped out last Friday (recently) and I didn't expect a delivery of today (most places as another poster has said like UPS and Fedex don't deliver on weekends in most cases) so I just wanted to be sure it would be Monday since I have Overnight Delivery on it.

Quote reflectionblue Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 12:36pm

Hi reflectionblue.....  I obviously can't say for sure , DS would need to do that, but if the laptop shipped late yesterday, Friday, then you probably won't see any updates until sometime Monday.  Most shippers like UPS and FedEx don't do anything over the weekend.  Until the carrier actually picks it up and logs it in, no tracking number is given.   When did it ship?Hope this helps. Big%20Smile

This past Friday to be exact. I ended up getting a tracking number from DS and had been told I could place it into Google and track it. I had remembered this from last time when I got my Vanquish so I expected it to show up as Fedex or something. But it just took me to upcdatabase.com.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 12:44pm
Got it.   Yeah, I've entered tracking numbers into Google and sometimes was told there was no number on file. The next day or so it did show with the data.

Congrats on the new laptop and enjoy when it arrives.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 12:51pm
Just a heads up with the Krypton... others have come here wondering why the EQ audio light bar above keyboard isn't working correctly and we've told them to make sure the Sound Blaster X Fi drivers are installed from the CD. Same for touch pad drivers and it's control center.
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by danjw1

I don't think that is correct. Usually a shipper will print a label. At that point the shipper knows it is scheduled for pickup and will usually show that in the tracking data. Though it may take a bit to filter to where you can actually see that in the tracking data on their website. Usually it will show up in a few hours.

Completely agree with bprat... I've experienced it on so many different occasions where that happened to me. Even if they do pick it up, they don't always update the system, especially on weekends.
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2

Quote reflectionblue Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 1:33pm

Just a heads up with the Krypton... others have come here wondering why the EQ audio light bar above keyboard isn't working correctly and we've told them to make sure the Sound Blaster X Fi drivers are installed from the CD. Same for touch pad drivers and it's control center.

Could you tell me how to check for that so that I know what I am looking for when my laptop gets here? I know I could just go to the control panel and see if the drivers are up to date, but I would imagine this seems to be a little more specific to the touch if others had the issue before.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 1:47pm
The top bar equalizer lights will only light on one side. Installing the driver fixes it and gives you the SB control panel with various modules like EQ, to mess with. It does depend on the model you get. Some models have status icons and not the light show.

One thing some hate is that the LED lights can't be turned off.   

The touchpad driver also gives you a panel with lots of options. I don't remember the touchpad issue right now, but in the manual you'll get , the driver section does explain what's on the disc and pics of the options in the control panels.

I'm not at my rig, not a laptop, with the info, so am going on memory.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 1:54pm
The Krypton is built on the Sager 8298 if you want to Google the manual to download for a jump on it.   In case you're just sitting around.

There is also a Hotkey driver setup to check for install. It also opens up options in its control panel.

Edited by bprat22 - 20 Sep 2014 at 2:07pm

Quote reflectionblue Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 4:20am
I still have not come across any information on my laptop. Putting in the tracking number shows no signs still of when and how long ago it was sent out. Just still being taken back to the upc website.
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 4:24am
Its early monday morning, i am sure the tracking number will update soon
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 4:54am
04:55 on a Monday morning (PDT). DS opens in 3:05 hours.... and, iirc, Alex is back to work today so there'll be a bit of a lag in response. He has to shake off that 3 week vacation first.   

Keep an eye out for the FEDEX guy.. my feeling is you'll be opening a box here in the next 8 hours or so.

Good luck and SEND PICS!!!   

Quote reflectionblue Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 4:58am
I'll be sure to show pics. Last time I meant to show them of my Vanquish, but it's been pretty civil. Maybe when I clean this hell hole of a room up I'll take some overdue pictures of my Vanq too. But yeah here's hoping it comes today!
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 5:03am
I really want to know. I have a Vanquish that I'd like to pair with a Krypton as well so I'll keep an eye out for your comments.

cheers!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 11:51am
I'm back! If you still need help with the tracking #, please send me an email: [email protected]
 Post Reply Post Reply