FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need some help.

Post Date: 2014-09-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: need some help.
    Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 2:06pm
Greetings everyone,

This will be my last post for now, I got everything I need on information more or less. If something comes up, I'll probably be back.

Load Config Number: 1053012

Now, with the ASUS X99 RAMPAGE V (Intel X99 Chipset),

it says in the specs it allows up to 64GB of ram. But when I'm in the ram card section the best thing you can get is the

"32GB DDR4 2800MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)"

So when I actually can afford this magnificent beast, I'll order this load but probably there will be new stuff by that time & I'll have to modify it.

So what? When I decide to order & I've ordered it should I call them to tell them to add another set of

"32GB DDR4 2800MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)"

to me that sounds a bit of a hassle, or should I just buy a set from Corsair homepage & have it shipped to me & then plug them in myself.    

Dominator Platinum Series 32gb

I think this one is the same as above, correct me if I'm wrong ere.

Then I was wondering if these Dominator Airflow Platinum LED fans are just for the looks or they actually help, I was thinking of buying then 2 or 1 depending if I order another set from DS or the Corsair homepage.

I don't care if they just help a tiny tiny tiny bit, if it helps I'll get it. I know I'm going to have the water cooling system & that should due, but...

Dominator Airflow Platinum Led Fan

Sincerely,
Me.

Edited by KingHeikir - 22 Sep 2014 at 2:10pm
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 2:26pm
You'd have to ask DS, but the 32gb choice,8x4gb, could be the availability of 8gb ram modules. I haven't seen any at the retailers I checked awhile back.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 2:49pm
Hi,

Hmm yes, if there's a forum administrator out there or a verified staff member, that could help me ere, that would be great.

But if you do press "more info" on the mother board, you can see the image it has 8 places to stick in a ram card, so 8x8GB=64GB ram. But they only offer 32GB ram. So if someone out there knows why or maybe this is an website error, please enlighten me. :D

Sincerely,
Me.
Gunlord View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Gunlord Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 3:34pm
Alex, the main overseer of these forums, came back from vacation today so he should be around to answer your questions soon :D
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 11:45am
We now offer a 64GB option on the configurator for our DDR4 memory options. It's the Corsair Dominator 2666MHz kit. It's not available in the 2800MHz speed at this time.
 Post Reply Post Reply