FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NAD D3020

Post Date: 2014-03-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gnicky View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gnicky Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: NAD D3020
    Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 9:17am
Having completed converting all of my music to FLAC for streaming from a NAS drive to SONOS, I've found myself listening to more music from my Desktop. So I started doing some research to improve the audio experience from my DS computer. Ended up adding an NAD D3020 to my system and WOW what a nice upgrade. My entry-level Klipsch 2.1 is now on my son's PC (along with one of the GTX570s from my DS) and I am powering a set of ERA Design 4 speakers (now made by peachtree audio). Music sound was improved dramatically of course, but gaming sound also is much improved with great imaging/positioning. What I wasn't expecting is the great bass sound for gaming being in an average sized bedroom. The headphone amp also a noticeable improvement over my inexpensive sound card.

So once again, after upgrading the video card and now my sound, I am giddy with enjoyment of my DS PC. Now when will the 1440/1600p IPS gsync monitors be out...?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 1:36pm
That is some excellent music hardware.      I've never gotten into the musical end of computers but this has me dreaming of better than I have.

Thanks for sharing.
Judist View Drop Down

Quote Judist Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 4:12pm
I recently went the "audio upgrade" route and I'm falling in love with my collection all over again.

I haven't swapped to lossless format yet. I don't have my CD's anymore (to rip) and FLAC pay-per-song sites don't seem to carry much, or they're overpriced.

Asus Xonar STU DAC/AMP
KRK Rokit 5 Gen.3
Sennheiser 650's

Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 5:22pm
nice!
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 11:19pm
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
3xSLI EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN
Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB+512GB
HydroLux+XSPC CPU/MoBo/GPU Liquid Cooling
Gnicky View Drop Down

Quote Gnicky Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Judist

I recently went the "audio upgrade" route and I'm falling in love with my collection all over again.I haven't swapped to lossless format yet. I don't have my CD's
anymore (to rip) and FLAC pay-per-song sites don't seem to carry much, or they're overpriced. Asus Xonar STU DAC/AMPKRK Rokit 5 Gen.3Sennheiser 650's

Great setup - is the sound quality diminished much from their placement behind the monitor stand? I find it difficult to find the optimal setup with multi-monitors and good speakers since I like to have them angled for the best sweet spot.

I still buy CDs and rip them to FLAC (& MP3 for my car). A tip I found last year is to check what is available on CD from your Library. You might be surprised what is available.

Edited by Gnicky - 06 Mar 2014 at 12:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply