Post Date: 2012-05-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
seanm View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote seanm Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Liquid Cooling
    Posted: 28 May 2012 at 8:24pm
Ok, so at what point can you start justifying liquid cooling on graphics cards and chipset? I understand just the cpu, but how about everything else?

Is it based on:

1. How long you keep the rig running?
2. How far you have everything overclocked?
3. How long you want it to last? (liquid cooling = greater longevity at higher levels)

I know DS will take care of it in any build I make and let me know, but I'm just curious at this point lol.

surf71zx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote surf71zx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2012 at 7:21am
The chipset and cpu should go together for liquid cooling if your going to overclock as the ultimate cooling solution. The gpu is another story. Everbodys perception of noise is different.Whats loud to one person is quiet to another.Case selection plays a big factor.Some are designed for liquid cooling ,while others lean more to air cooling quietness.If you use headphones an air cooled case will be just fine.If you have a sound system your plugging in and you dont want to here them gpus sound loud like turbines ,go liquid for the quiet effect.Your still going to have some fan noise from case fans and radiator fans.You  have to counter act that noise with quiet custom fans from a number of vendors.It all depends on how much money you want to spend and what road you take on how quiet you want  your computer. There is a plus side to gpu liquid cooling with longevity and higher overclocks.
 Post Reply Post Reply