FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I have acquired The Beast.

Post Date: 2014-09-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rockcem View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: I have acquired The Beast.
    Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 1:55pm
So today I came home and saw the Beauty this machine is amazing, Its so sexy! Now, I will have my time and hangout with the Beast and get to know him and play some games! I'll put the pictures up when I am back from the adventure
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 2:05pm
Congrats.

Enjoy it and pics when you can tear yourself away.

Edited by bprat22 - 15 Sep 2014 at 2:06pm
Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by bprat22

Congrats.

Enjoy it and pics when you can tear yourself away.
Haha Thanks, I have one question to everyone that has the Bottle thingy, How the hell do I open this? Like I'm struggling right now

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I figured it out, Its just like a normal bottle

Edited by Rockcem - 15 Sep 2014 at 2:54pm
*The Beast Has been Acquired*
Nyteshade517 View Drop Down

Quote Nyteshade517 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 2:52pm
Enjoy it...anxious to hear what you have to say about it as far as the gaming is concerned...I'm hopefully ordering the same Level 4 in the next week or two (fingers crossed)

I'd order the gear package too but the shirt would be way too small for me even with the XL (I'm not a small person...lol)

Edited by Nyteshade517 - 15 Sep 2014 at 2:56pm
Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Nyteshade517

Enjoy it...anxious to hear what you have to say about it as far as the gaming is concerned...I'm hopefully ordering the same Level 4 in the next week or two (fingers crossed)
Haha Yep, Just installing games mostly right now, And I'm currently making a (Attempting to make) a 3D Model of the Vanquish II L4 and my Teacher is gonna 3D print it :D So I'm just gonna wait until that's done.

Quote Nyteshade517 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 9:02pm
I do have a question...since you got the Level 4 it should have came with a code for the new Borderlands game...was that an insert in the box or did they email you something instead?
Razorback View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Razorback Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 9:07pm

I do have a question...since you got the Level 4 it should have came with a code for the new Borderlands game...was that an insert in the box or did they email you something instead?

Not the OP, but I got mine less than a month ago and it comes with an insert in the box.
Intel Core i7 6700k 4.5 GHz (OC)
ASUS Maximus Hero VIII
16GB DDR4 3200 MHz
120GB Samsung 840 EVO
250GB Samsung 840 EVO
1TB Seagate (7200 RPM) (64MB Cache)
1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 9:09pm

It's a little code and you put the code into this Geforce website and then it gives you a steam code which you put into steam and then thats all ! :) You just gotta wait until the game releases!

Quote Nyteshade517 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 9:10pm
thanks for the replies
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Rockcem

So today I came home and saw the Beauty this machine is amazing, Its so sexy! Now, I will have my time and hangout with the Beast and get to know him and play some games! I'll put the pictures up when I am back from the adventure

Sweeeet and congrats!    Once you get the games on and the fans situated, you know what to do, right?

PICTURES!!   
Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Snaike

Sweeeet and congrats!    Once you get the games on and the fans situated, you know what to do, right?

PICTURES!!   
Haha I will for sure upload some pictures, I'm just waiting for like skyrim etc. to go on sale once more, Geez I bought that game 4 times on PS3. Also like I said earlier soon as I get that model printed out I will put up how I feel about this beauty. Should be no more then 2 weeks :p
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 2:56am

PICTURES!!   
Haha I will for sure upload some pictures, I'm just waiting for like skyrim etc. to go on sale once more, Geez I bought that game 4 times on PS3. Also like I said earlier soon as I get that model printed out I will put up how I feel about this beauty. Should be no more then 2 weeks :p

Did you miss the steam summer sale? Skyrim was on sale for cheap. Course i got it gifted to me during that sale...
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 5:22am
Originally posted by ArkansasWoman777

PICTURES!!   

Did you miss the steam summer sale? Skyrim was on sale for cheap. Course i got it gifted to me during that sale...

I was actually going to buy it but 2 things, 1. I'm broke atm xD only 16$ in the bank hehe and also I heard that my library does not carry over. So yeh
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 7:43am
What do you mean your library doesn't carry over?
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Razorback View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Razorback Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 10:42am

PICTURES!!   

I bought Skyrim on Steam this weekend for $12 including all DLC. Regular game was $4.99. Previously had it on PS3. Some of Steam's sales are insane.

Edited by Razorback - 16 Sep 2014 at 10:46am
ASUS Maximus Hero VIII
16GB DDR4 3200 MHz
120GB Samsung 840 EVO
250GB Samsung 840 EVO
Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 11:17am

I mean like, lets say I start using Steam on a different computer the games I had on the other computer doesn't show up on the new computer.
Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Razorback

I bought Skyrim on Steam this weekend for $12 including all DLC. Regular game was $4.99. Previously had it on PS3. Some of Steam's sales are insane.
I really wanted to buy it but I only have 16$ in bank and I didn't have my computer at the time..

Quote Nyteshade517 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 11:25am

I mean like, lets say I start using Steam on a different computer the games I had on the other computer doesn't show up on the new computer.

The games would still be tied to your account as long as you log in with the same account you bought them from as far as I know..you'd have to download them again
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 11:25am

So you are referring the games you downloaded already in that case that is true. But all your games of course will still be in your library.
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 11:29am

So you are referring the games you downloaded already in that case that is true. But all your games of course will still be in your library.
Hmm maybe they just weren't in there because they were free to play games.
Razorback View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Razorback Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 1:46pm

I really wanted to buy it but I only have 16$ in bank and I didn't have my computer at the time..

I feel you. No worries.....they will run more sales. And you will be lost in your computer for days on end. Haha. I love those days. Those days where you wake up and start playing about 9-10 on Saturday. I get into the game look up and it is 4pm. Skipped lunch. Get something to eat and play some more; look up and it is 3am .
ASUS Maximus Hero VIII
16GB DDR4 3200 MHz
120GB Samsung 840 EVO
250GB Samsung 840 EVO
Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 4:40pm

I feel you. No worries.....they will run more sales. And you will be lost in your computer for days on end. Haha. I love those days. Those days where you wake up and start playing about 9-10 on Saturday. I get into the game look up and it is 4pm. Skipped lunch. Get something to eat and play some more; look up and it is 3am .
Hmm so like does steam hold a sale everytime it's a holiday or like a new season like I know they have summer sales but do they have like winter etc. sales too? :p sorry just now getting into steam :p

Quote Nyteshade517 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 5:08pm

Hmm so like does steam hold a sale everytime it's a holiday or like a new season like I know they have summer sales but do they have like winter etc. sales too? :p sorry just now getting into steam :p

I believe they do 1 or 2 major sales a year...they also do daily and weekly deals...flash deals...etc on a regular basis

also check https://www.humblebundle.com/store for deals as well
Razorback View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Razorback Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 5:41pm

You just have to be on he lookout. They run mass sales like summer sales, holiday sales, etc. They also have 2-3 games every weekend that they choose to put on sale. Last week it was Skyrim 75% off (66% for the DLC included). They may be good games, may be bad games, may be games I have never heard of. Just take a gander every other day or so and see what is on sale.
ASUS Maximus Hero VIII
16GB DDR4 3200 MHz
120GB Samsung 840 EVO
250GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Nyteshade517 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 5:59pm
razorback I see you have the same Level 4 that's available...how are you liking it? How's the gaming you are doing?
Razorback View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Razorback Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 6:39pm

razorback I see you have the same Level 4 that's available...how are you liking it? How's the gaming you are doing?

It is perfect for me. A really great rig. I am running Metro Last Light and a pretty heavily modded Skyrim easily at 60fps right now (I have my vsync on so it may be getting more). I love it. Then again, I am not a huge "I need XX fps or I need a new rig" guy. Give me 45+ or slightly lower quality and I am fine. I only plan to possibly upgrade the GPU should the GTX 770 cease to be able to run games effectively in the future.

That said, if you are wanting overclocking, upgradability, and running multiple monitors/4k, you may want another more upgradable line. If not, the Vanquish II Level 4 is a powerful, fast, fun rig to have.

The real test for me will be how it runs the upcoming AC Unity and Far Cry 4 games. Those should be quite demanding and surely test this rig's mettle more than the games I currently run on it with the exception of Last Light.

Edited by Razorback - 16 Sep 2014 at 7:00pm
ASUS Maximus Hero VIII
16GB DDR4 3200 MHz
120GB Samsung 840 EVO
250GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Nyteshade517 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 6:43pm

It is perfect for me. A really great rig. I am running Metro Last Light and a pretty heavily modded Skyrim easily at 60fps right now (I have my vsync on so it may be getting more). I love it. I only plan to possibly upgrade the GPU should the GTX 770 cease to be able to run games effectively in the future.

That said, if you are wanting upgradability and running multiple monitors/4k, you may want another more upgradable line. If not, the Vanquish II Level 4 is a powerful, fast, fun rig to have.

1080p is enough for me...only use 1 monitor...are those both on highest settings or with some tweaks?
Razorback View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Razorback Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 6:56pm

It is perfect for me. A really great rig. I am running Metro Last Light and a pretty heavily modded Skyrim easily at 60fps right now (I have my vsync on so it may be getting more). I love it. I only plan to possibly upgrade the GPU should the GTX 770 cease to be able to run games effectively in the future.

That said, if you are wanting upgradability and running multiple monitors/4k, you may want another more upgradable line. If not, the Vanquish II Level 4 is a powerful, fast, fun rig to have.

1080p is enough for me...only use 1 monitor...are those both on highest settings or with some tweaks?

Sorry. I made that confusing. I typed it first for Skyrim then added Metro, but didn't change the rest of the post. Definitely not on the highest setting for Last Light. That is pretty demanding game with ultra settings. I think I tried that and I was around 30-35ish. So I tweaked a little on that. Skyrim I have ENB (the slightly lighter version) + HD texture + multiple other mods and it does beautifully.
ASUS Maximus Hero VIII
16GB DDR4 3200 MHz
120GB Samsung 840 EVO
250GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Nyteshade517 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 10:04am
Is there one motherboard that is more common to get between the H81M-D or E? I see that the E version has more USB ports so I was just wondering which motherboard they use more often. Are there any other differences?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 11:17am
Alex or Nav would have to help with that.   Good question. Big%20Smile
Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 11:23am

Is there one motherboard that is more common to get between the H81M-D or E? I see that the E version has more USB ports so I was just wondering which motherboard they use more often. Are there any other differences?
Mine came with H81M-D and it has 2 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0 and 2 3.0 on the case so total amount is 2 USB 2.0 and 4 USB 3.0 ports for me
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 11:31am
I think the E has 4xUSB2.0 and 2XUSB3.0 on the back.   The D has two less USB 2.0 on the back but does have an older Parallel port for the old style printers, etc.  Plus the D has a Com port mid board for older serial connections.  

Quote Nyteshade517 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 11:57am
Yeah...I'd prefer the E version with more USB considering I'd get more use out of that then having other connections that I would never use. I guess it's just blind luck on which one you get.
 Post Reply Post Reply