FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Getting New PC!!

Post Date: 2014-10-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SpitfireKittens View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SpitfireKittens Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Getting New PC!!
    Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 4:54am
This weekend Im planning to order a Digital Storm PC.I was thinking of getting a Vanquish II Lvl IV, now that it contains a GTX 970. I am a little scared off by the ASUS Z97-P motherboard. But I dont know very much about DS, so I have a few questions.

Does anyone have the Vanquish 2 Lvl4 (With the 970)? Can you give me your feedback on it?
How is the audio on the ASUS Z97-P inside of it?
If I added a sound card to the system after getting it, would It void my warranty?
How long would It take for it to arrive to me (I live in Northern Virginia)?
Whats the warranty like?
Can I upgrade it? I was thinking that I might need a new gpu in 2-3 years.

Thank you in advanceBig%20Smile

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 5:25am
Hi SpitfireKittens....  Welcome to the DS forums.

The new Vanquish level 4 was just updated this week, so I'm not sure how many actually have one yet.  But, someone might chime in.

The gtx 970 is one of the best, just released and better than the 770 that the level 4 had before, by about 40% and with less power draw and heat. 

The Z97-P mobo .....about the only restriction for most, is no sli support.  It has 4x SATA ports on the mobo, so with 3 used up for the DVD, HDD and SSD you still have an open one for another drive if needed. 

Adding a sound card will not void the warranty.  The audio in today's boards are all real good, a lot better than years ago.  Unless your into high end audio, then it should work for ya.   Adding a audio card is easy enough, so that can be later on , after you try this one out.

Ground shipping is about 5 business days, coast to coast, not including weekends.  That's after it ships.  If you order it this weekend, Monday it would be processed and then 1-3 days to ship. 

The updated promo warranty of 4 years is 4 years of free labor and 2 years of parts replacement.  The first 45 days is free shipping for the rig and parts and after that, you pay for all shipping.

Upgrading any system here is a snap.   The video card is relatively easy out, a screw and releasing a locking tab,  and the new one almost plug and play.  Power supply, ram, etc are all easy swaps.

Hope this helps out and good luck. Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 18 Oct 2014 at 5:44am

Quote SpitfireKittens Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 5:50am
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi SpitfireKittens....  Welcome to the DS forums.

The new Vanquish level 4 was just updated this week, so I'm not sure how many actually have one yet.  But, someone might chime in.

The gtx 970 is one of the best, just released and better than the 770 that the level 4 had before, by about 40% and with less power draw and heat. 

The Z97-P mobo .....about the only restriction for most, is no sli support.  It has 4x SATA ports on the mobo, so with 3 used up for the DVD, HDD and SSD you still have an open one for another drive if needed. 

Adding a sound card will not void the warranty.  The audio in today's boards are all real good, a lot better than years ago.  Unless your into high end audio, then it should work for ya.   Adding a audio card is easy enough, so that can be later on , after you try this one out.

Ground shipping is about 5 business days, coast to coast, not including weekends.  That's after it ships.  If you order it this weekend, Monday it would be processed and then 1-3 days to ship. 

The updated promo warranty of 4 years is 4 years of free labor and 2 years of parts replacement.  The first 45 days is free shipping for the rig and parts and after that, you pay for all shipping.

Upgrading any system here is a snap.   The video card is relatively easy out, a screw and releasing a locking tab,  and the new one almost plug and play.  Power supply, ram, etc are all easy swaps.

Hope this helps out and good luck. Big%20Smile

Thank you, that helped a lot.Big%20Smile I will order today or tomorrowExcited!
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 6:32am
As bprat pointed out, the upgraded version (with overclock, gtx970 and z97mobo) are all new very new additions to the line.  So, getting feedback about this specific model will be difficult.

However, the DS Vanquish line is a very solid, very good set of machines.

Please keep in mind that if you order your machine today (Saturday) the clock on shipping doesn't start until Monday when DS opens.  If you do order today, or Monday, you might expect delivery by early next week.  Probably the 28th.

Welcome to the forums and hope to see that "Verified Customer" badge soon.

Cheers.
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 6:58am
Since bprat already covered everything, I'll just reiterate one part of it.

The Audio. ASUS is the only brand of motherboards I'll ever use. Their ROG series has been known for a couple of years now for having some of the absolutely best integrated audio. This past year, they've been taking this technology and applying it to their "lesser" motherboards. (Don't dive into the term lesser too much. I say lesser in the sense that they are no longer only putting superior audio in their $500 motherboards, but the less expensive boards also.)

Unless you're planning on buying a headset/speakers that isn't using a USB plug (for digital) you won't notice a difference between a dedicated card and integrated. Trust me, it'll be pretty good. It won't be no $300 sound card quality,but it'll definitely be extremely well for integrated audio.
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
Deinonychus View Drop Down

Quote Deinonychus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 10:09am
I, too, am getting the new Level 4.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 11:53am
Nice Strong

Quote SpitfireKittens Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:25pm
Just ordered it!!!!!!!!Excited
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:33pm
Congrats.    Might as well get this show on the road.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by SpitfireKittens

Woot woot!  Big%20Smile

If your email here on the forums matches the email you used for ordering, you'll get the verified badge (and yes, it's case sensitive, I know from experience).

Now... the .... wait .... begins.....  !!
Tor View Drop Down

Quote Tor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 9:29pm
Congrats, hope to hear your review when you finish testing it out Smile

Quote SpitfireKittens Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 7:08am
Originally posted by Snaike

Woot woot!  Big%20Smile

If your email here on the forums matches the email you used for ordering, you'll get the verified badge (and yes, it's case sensitive, I know from experience).

Now... the .... wait .... begins.....  !!

I used a different email, the one set up with a credit card, not my forum/games email...
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 8:27am

I used a different email, the one set up with a credit card, not my forum/games email...

Perhaps then you should email [email protected] and ask him to look into the "Verified Customer" badge... (or nav@)... give you something to think about while they run your system through the stress tests.   

Quote SpitfireKittens Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Snaike

Perhaps then you should email [email protected] and ask him to look into the "Verified Customer" badge... (or nav@)... give you something to think about while they run your system through the stress tests.   

Na, Id prefer to keep them separate.Big%20Smile
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 7:20am
That's perfectly ok, too. Just send us a review with pics when you get it... we love to see new machines in their new environment.   
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 10:45am
Thank you for choosing Digital Storm. Make sure you post photos and a review when you get it!

Quote SpitfireKittens Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 12:48pm
@Snaike
@Alex
Thanks, I post a review when I get itBig%20SmileExcited
oldlady RPGer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids

Quote oldlady RPGer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 12:23am
Me sitting my ECMO in PICU. Now you know why I like LC. ;)

Post Reply Post Reply