FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Game dev config $1000 or under

Post Date: 2015-05-16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Atoken View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Atoken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Game dev config $1000 or under
    Posted: 16 May 2015 at 9:18am
Budget:
After tax $1000 can exced by like $50

Expectations:
I will want this comp to be able to run all the new games and also be able to be a workstation. I will be using this comp for game dev

I currently have a build if yall could help me make a config to be what I need for 1000$ or under. Even after tax and shipping and I do need am OS I have a mouse and a keyboard amd a monitor
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 May 2015 at 9:56am
Hi Atoken and welcome to the forums. 

For your budget, the only choices would be the Vanquish level 1 or level 2.   Both will give you good gaming on a 1080p monitor, not sure what you have.

If at all possible, I would get the level 2 for its quad core processor vs the dual core the the level 1.  The quad core will be better in pretty much anything you do.  Plus the level 2 does have a larger power supply for easier upgrading in the future.  It also has a SSD for much faster boot times and loading programs installed on it. 

If the level 1 is it, then it's gtx 960, same as in the level 2,  will game nice on the 1080p.    It'll still get things done, just not quite as fast.  

Unless you live in California, DS will not apply any taxes to the purchase but there is ground shipping.   $60 ish or so for shipping last I looked.

Hope this helps. Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 16 May 2015 at 9:57am
 Post Reply Post Reply