FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New System is heading through the stages!

Post Date: 2009-02-25

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BillDempsey View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New System is heading through the stages!
    Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 1:27pm
My new system just entered Stage 2!  I'm excited!Ermm
Dsnewb210 View Drop Down

Quote Dsnewb210 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 1:39pm
Good to hear man, I hope all goes well for you this time around.

Did you end up getting the wooden crate?

Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Dsnewb210

Good to hear man, I hope all goes well for you this time around.

Did you end up getting the wooden crate?

Heck yeah!  I wasn't even going to chance it this time. ShockedFedExShocked is the bane of my existence at this point!

Plus DS felt bad for me and gave the crate to me for their cost. They are such a great company! LOL
e06028 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote e06028 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 2:09pm
Bill, glad you hung in there and let DS take care of you.  My PC is in Stage 5 and I feel a lot more comfortable now knowing they do what is right.  Good Luck with the new (next) powerful computer.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 3:47pm
I was not expecting anything less then a happy customer to be honest with you, that is all I have seen them do for the past year that I have been here.

Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 11:30am
Yeah, I figured it would all work out in the end, based on everything I saw on here before I made my purchase. But it's still stressful when it's happening to you. I really feel for everyone who has even the smallest problems now. I hope what they did for me will reassure other potential customers that they really do take care of you here.

DS rocks ! Ermm

BTW, I got an automated call from UPS yesterday morning saying they were coming to get the computer. I sat by an open window at the front of the house (in my office at the computer) all day and they never showed up. Keeping the window open means I hear the truck pull up long before they even ring the doorbell. I did see a UPS truck drive past, but they didn't stop. I saw two FedEx trucks, too. They stopped down the street. Is it normal for them to call and then never come?

Either way, the box is by the front door waiting in case they come today. I just want to make sure it gets sent back in a timely manner so it doesn't hold up my replacement system.

Edit: LOL this is a true story that just happened - UPS just picked up the computer, which is great! BUT - The UPS guy parked just around the corner (basically, I'm one house away from the corner). I still -heard- his truck, though and when I leaned toward the window I could see the tip of the front end right at the corner. So I went downstairs and opened the front door to step out and see if maybe the guy was trying to find my house (which should be brain dead easy considering the number is in big letters on the front). As I opened the door, I literally caught the guy trying to sneak away from my door after leaving a sticker on my door saying he missed me. He never knocked or rang the doorbell. I think the lazy bastard just didn't want to carry a heavy box! Smile BUSTED!!!

Edited by BillDempsey - 26 Feb 2009 at 3:05pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 3:17pm
that is too funny

but I got to tell you we have had many members talk about how FedEx or ups guy try to sneak up to the door, leave a sticker saying you were not home then run back to the truck and take off

Edited by DST4ME - 26 Feb 2009 at 3:18pm
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 6:51pm
Wait till that guy tries to deliver your new crated system.  You might have to put tire puncture strips in front of your house to force him to stop.

Smile
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
Winkdaddy View Drop Down

Quote Winkdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 8:33pm
thats one good thing about living in the middle of NYC...the UPS and FeDeX trucks park right outside my block and STAY PUT as they make deliveries all day from their parked trucks....thats right....its so dense with highrises that one truck can only cover a couple square blocks and thats it!  I am going straight down at 8:00am as soon as I see the truck and pick up the box directly from them...there will be no leaving a note on my apartment complex door or any of that BS!

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 8:40pm
That is a pretty good deal not sure if I like the traffic tho
Winkdaddy View Drop Down

Quote Winkdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 7:03am
yeah traffic can be a pain...and the fact that my new DS machine will take up 50% of my tiny shoebox apartment! Thumbs%20Down

Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 11:07am
NYC would be too much for me. I like peace, quiet, solitude and open space. The crowds, noise, and small apartments would make me certifiably crazy within days. Ok, I admit I'm pretty close to crazy nowEmbarrassed, but living in NY would push me over the edge. Smile 

I always wondered why NY folks call everything an apartment. I know people who own what most people would call a condo and they still call it an apartment, even though they own it. For me, it's only an apartment if I rent it from a landlord.

I'm also amazed when they tell me people in tuxedos ride the subways right next to winos with bottles in a paper bag who piss on themselves. I guess with the traffic there, the subway is just the best way to get across town for everybody.

I've lived in LA, Chicago, St. Louis, and Las Vegas. They all have a lot of similarities. But, NYC seems like a whole different planet. It takes a special type of person to thrive in NYC. My hat goes off to you. I couldn't do it.
Winkdaddy View Drop Down

Quote Winkdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 12:15pm
hahahaha....its definitely a real "apartment" that we pay rent to a management company...and its small...maybe 450 square feet.  Condos are WAY too expensive...I know a guy who just bought a 2-bedroom condo in Manhattan (1,700 square feet) for 950k!!.  My wife and I used to live in Atlanta but got transferred to NYC for work....but I get to work from home which is great and sucks at the same time. 

Subway is great...its actually very safe and easy to use and runs 24/7...though extrememly crowded during rush hour. $2 per ride gets you anywhere in the city.
e06028 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote e06028 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 1:10pm
I could not imagine going back to the North, everything here in Atlanta is pretty reasonable priced and I love being here.  Traffic always sucks but you get used to it.  I do love NYC, where else can you go and see it all, just would never want to live there.

Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 1:54pm
Just got Stage 3 email. My credit card was charged the extra bit. It's working through the pipeline!

Side note: I just checked the tracking number on the computer the guy picked up yesterday. The rat bastage marked that the package wasn't ready on the first pickup attempt. What a crock! It was boxed up sitting by the front door for three days and he showed up a day late and he even tried to put up a sticker and sneak away on that visit. I literally saw a UPS truck drive past the day before, but it never stopped at all. This UPS guy sux crank.

Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Winkdaddy

hahahaha....its definitely a real "apartment" that we pay rent to a management company...and its small...maybe 450 square feet.  Condos are WAY too expensive...I know a guy who just bought a 2-bedroom condo in Manhattan (1,700 square feet) for 950k!!.  My wife and I used to live in Atlanta but got transferred to NYC for work....but I get to work from home which is great and sucks at the same time. 

Subway is great...its actually very safe and easy to use and runs 24/7...though extrememly crowded during rush hour. $2 per ride gets you anywhere in the city.

Wow 1700 sq ft is pretty huge for a two bedroom in Manhattan isn't it?  That price actually isn't too different from most of the LA home prices. That's why we never bought anything in LA. It's just nuts. When we moved to Las Vegas, the houses were a lot cheaper here, so we had one built. The house we live in here would probably cost 3 x as much if it were in a moderately safe neighborhood in LA.

Yeah, everyone says the subway is pretty safe in NYC and that owning a car is simply insane there. I guess I'm just too addicted to the comfort and relative privacy of having your own vehicle.
Winkdaddy View Drop Down

Quote Winkdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 2:48pm

Yeah when I moved to NYC from Atlanta I had to sell my car...doesnt make sense to have one in Manhattan.  The 2 bedroom condo I mentioned is very big for a two bedroom...its a nice place, just astounding how much it is though.

I do miss living in Atlanta...all my friends are there as well as family...I go back often for work and get to see everyone though. And to be sure, I do not plan on living in NY the rest of my life!!  (even though its fun right now Ouch)

On another note FedEx is still infuriating me...the last activity on the tracking page was that my computer departed Reno, NV distribution center on Feb 23rd at 2:00am....and nothing since then!  They pushed the delivery date back from Feb 28 to March 3rd...or about 8 days total transit from west to east coast...

Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 6:39pm
FedEx was way behind when I was tracking my original computer, too.  I had it sitting in my room at the point where they said it had finally arrived in Las Vegas. Then, later that day it finally updated and said it was on the truck scheduled for delivery. Considering it was already sitting in front of me, I was like - duh!

Edit: I just got my stage 4 email.  Yippee! Heart

Edited by BillDempsey - 27 Feb 2009 at 7:13pm
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 9:48pm
It won't be long now Bill !

I have been having a great time with the new machine.  I spent the first several days just messing with taking pictures, benchmarks, and taking various readings.  For the last few days, I have just been playing games set on max and enthusist settings as well as doing graphically intensive stuff like Fractal Extreme 64.

I am trying to just relax and enjoy the beast now instead of testing it to the limit.  I do think you will be happy with the HAF 932.  It sort of grows on you the longer you have it.  It blows cool air which is amazing considering that the old Dell 8300 Demension is blowing warm air.  I like military/industrial looking stuff and this HAF reminds me of the military stuff when I was in the Army and the industrial grade servers we have at work.

I could not be happier with my purchase.  This forum draws me back if for no other reason than to be sure my buddies are getting the same grade of service that I am.  I am concerned also about Paraguay1 and his system.  He has been through several ship and return cycles and I am hoping that the next time he receives the machine that it will restore my faith in the delivery gods and he will be the ultimate symbol of how something that seemed hopeless becomes a object lesson of faith redeemed.

Once you get the stable machine that you paid your hard earned dollars for, I am wanting to hear how it helps you do the intense video processing that you are into.  You have been limited to restricted usage of the configuration's true power.  We are waiting for the beast to be released at full power so that you can do the extended high end processing that you need to get done.

All I can say is that I hope that it arrives safely and you can enjoy the Digital Storm experience that so many of us have already.  I know Samael has been waiting longer than he expected but I hope when the wait is over he will receive a machine that will make the wait become a distant memory very quickly.

Won't be long now!!!!!!!!!!

Ermm    
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 10:05pm
I'm just jealous as hell of you guys,
Winkdaddy View Drop Down

Quote Winkdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 7:27am
WooHoo!!!!  My computer is now on the truck for delivery!!!  its coming earlier then expected!Heart  I'll write a mini review maybe with some pics in the next few days...

Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 2:55pm
Congrats Wink!  I'm so happy for you! Ermm

Don't worry DST4, your turn is coming! Cool
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 3:08pm
Ya the wait is killing and your all's systems are so nice

Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 3:59pm
Just got my Stage 5 email. Phase 2 Stress Testing. Final batch of tests to verify integrity and stability. Estimated to be shipped in 2-3 business days.

Guessing I'll see it next week. I'm in withdrawals already *shakes*.Approve

BTW, this is the one month anniversary of my original order. (2/2/09) Big%20smile Time sure flies... even when you aren't having fun yet...
Sodius View Drop Down

Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 5:09pm
Congratz Bill,

Yep, hopefully you will see it early next week.
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 5:35pm
Heart
<8) slunK parade View Drop Down

Quote <8) slunK parade Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 6:43pm
delivery guy is gonna be pissed moving your box

Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 8:56pm
Smile Yeah, I can't wait to see the delivery guy pull a groin muscle carting it to the door. After the bastage tried to sticker my door and sneak away on me instead of picking up the old one, I'm not even going to offer to help.  Ok, I probably will help him. I don't want the lazy jerk dropping my new machine right in front of me within a few feet of the front door. I'd seriously cry if it made it that far and bust into pieces right in front of me.Wink

BTW - I just got my SECOND Stage 5 email after the one I got this morning, so it must really, absolutely, definitely be in stage 5 now... Embarrassed
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 10:28pm
The 2nd Stage 5 is the real one Cool

I am hoping that you are just a couple days from shipment if that.

Ermm
scaner View Drop Down

Quote scaner Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 1:52am
GTO - Cooler Master HAF 932 Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz/oc 3.4 (1333MHz FSB)
(12MB Cache)
NVIDIA 780i Core 2 Quad Chipset: nForce 780i SLI Vista64/Samsung 2233BW

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 1GB
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 4:00am
Lucky bastards

Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 9:01am
Holy cow DST4ME, do you ever sleep? Your post was 1 AM. Looks like I wake up about the time you go to sleep. Embarrassed
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 5:21pm
LOL my schedule is not set, it changes alot so it may seem like I don't sleep
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 9:09pm

Maybe DST4ME is really a "bot".  He may just be a computer program by Digital Storm that runs 24 X 7 to intice us to buy new computers.  Just never know!

If "he" responds in 30 seconds or less he is really just a "bot" and not a real person!

Smile

Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 8:09pm
DST4ME - hmmm, even the name sounds like a bot, now that you mention it... Smile

BTW: Still in Stage 5. Dying to see those Stage 6 and 7 emails appear in my inbox. Wife keeps asking me why I didn't just build this one like all the others. *sigh* I wish I had a better answer than I like the way this company treats customers. She just shakes her head and walks away. Don't you just hate it when they point out the stuff already going through your head?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>