FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Digital Storm Aura - 34" Curved AIO

Post Date: 2016-11-01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
z3st3r View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote z3st3r Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Digital Storm Aura - 34" Curved AIO
    Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 2:42am
I am a 62-year-old gamer and have played CS since its inception when some of you may not have been born. - The days when we only knew dial up and the highlight of the year was to go to a lan meeting for a tourney.
I have gone through Alienware, Self-Build, and numerous other suppliers of so called gaming PCs
Got to admit that I was sceptical about buying my rig in the USA and having shipped to the UK.
Well I must admit it was perfect when it arrived and so easy to set up and as far as gaming is concerned. I use for business as well and just having my game up and running with my headphones and my office 365 on the side is sweet.
If you have any doubts about buying one don’t as the service is excellent and the product just the best.
Cannot wait until their next iteration of a gaming all in one so I can give this to my wife or fellow gamer keep up with the best and ass kicking Digital Storm product.
If you in the UK and see a new all in one from Digital Storm, let me know as my rig is so fully stocked   it will run for the next 3 years at the forefront in technology.

My Rig

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Pre-built Digital Storm Aura (PRE-ORDER ETA: End of July) Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 6950X 3.0GHz (10-Core) (Extreme Performance)
Motherboard: ASRock X99E-ITX/ac (Intel X99 Chipset) (Mini-ITX) System Memory: 32GB DDR4 2666MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance) Power Supply: 450W (80 Plus Gold Rated) (Supports up to GTX 1080) Expansion Bay: - No Thanks Optical Drive: - No Thanks Storage Set 1: M.2 SSD - 512GB Samsung 950 PRO (NVM Express) Storage Set 2: SSD - 1TB Samsung 850 PRO Storage Set 3: - No Thanks RAID Config: - No Thanks RAID Card: - No Thanks Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections) Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1080 8GB (NVIDIA Founders Edition) (VR Ready) Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio HPC Processor: - No Thanks Extreme Cooling: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow) Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans Internal Lighting: - No Thanks Airflow Control: - No Thanks Chassis Mods: - No Thanks Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Standard Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Automatic Overclocking Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s) OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition) Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows CD) Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 Value)
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: 34 inch Curved (3440 x 1440) (WQHD) (60Hz) Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: Please Prioritize: Ship Within Four Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 6 Year Limited Warranty (6 Year Labor & 4 Year Part Replacement)

Peace Out

EDIT: Added photos provided by customer - Alex

Edited by Alex - 02 Nov 2016 at 5:47pm
Resisitng Change is like holding one's breath.............success is fatal!
ShadowStar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ShadowStar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 11:45am
Walking the line between realities
williamsw2 View Drop Down

Quote williamsw2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 7:27pm
Hey, can you tell us more? How loud is it while gaming? What about the heat on your desk?
z3st3r View Drop Down

Quote z3st3r Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 1:43am
you have a small amount of fan noise but nothing more than my A-------------e.

No noticable heat on the desktop.

Competitor's name removed.

Edited by Snaike - 03 Nov 2016 at 2:26am
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 2:27am
Very very nice.   

Quote williamsw2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 8:57pm
nice.   
dyoungyn View Drop Down

Quote dyoungyn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 12:14pm
I ask again, and honestly, do you even notice the fan while playing a game? Finally, how often does it come on or does it stay on all the time?
z3st3r View Drop Down

Quote z3st3r Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 3:22pm
The fan is on all the time and is a low sound, in my work and play I do not notice it.
Of course, if you want an all in one you will get some fan noise but it does not bother me and not in the game.

Quote williamsw2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 7:20am
Can you tell us about the display?  How does it perform in games? Smooth?   Good picture, etc...???

z3st3r View Drop Down

Quote z3st3r Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 7:30am
Dependant on the game and whether you need a better FPS………………………… CS:GO excellent and no issues but I do change the Video settings.
All other games I play also have no issue some I change the resolution.

I can do my work and play CS on the same screen with no real affect.

Quote williamsw2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 9:13am
I'm seriously considering purchasing the Aura soon.  Just can't make up my mind though.  Crazy

I don't play many first person shooter games anymore except maybe ARMA or The Division. But those are much slower and not competitive multiplayer.  Mainly things like Civ, Total War games, RPGs etc... 

I really want an ultra wide 3440 x 1440 monitor and the Aura just seems a good fit for what I play and need.  I also like the form factor for where it will go in my house.

Bah, I can't decide. 
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 2:15pm
I would really like an AIO gaming setting up like this, but... and I know this is a small thing, I just wish the display supported higher than 60Hz. Give me a 120hz or 144hz matched with a GTX 1080 (Or 1080 Ti) and I'd be in heaven for a simple guest pc set up. Minimal space, great looks, nice specs... ugh. Such a nice looking system.
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
chrisinebunny View Drop Down

Quote chrisinebunny Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 9:18am
Originally posted by z3st3r

I am a 62-year-old gamer and have played CS since its inception when some of you may not have been born. - The days when we only knew dial up and the highlight of the year was to go to a lan meeting for a tourney.
I have gone through Alienware, Self-Build, and numerous other suppliers of so called gaming PCs
Got to admit that I was sceptical about buying my rig in the USA and having shipped to the UK.
Well I must admit it was perfect when it arrived and so easy to set up and as far as gaming is concerned. weight watchers points list 2016 I use for business as well and just having my game up and running with my headphones and my office 365 on the side is sweet.
If you have any doubts about buying one don’t as the service is excellent and the product just the best.
Cannot wait until their next iteration of a gaming all in one so I can give this to my wife or fellow gamer keep up with the best and ass kicking Digital Storm product.
If you in the UK and see a new all in one from Digital Storm, let me know as my rig is so fully stocked   it will run for the next 3 years at the forefront in technology.

My Rig

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Pre-built Digital Storm Aura (PRE-ORDER ETA: End of July) Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 6950X 3.0GHz (10-Core) (Extreme Performance)
Motherboard: ASRock X99E-ITX/ac (Intel X99 Chipset) (Mini-ITX) System Memory: 32GB DDR4 2666MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance) Power Supply: 450W (80 Plus Gold Rated) (Supports up to GTX 1080) Expansion Bay: - No Thanks Optical Drive: - No Thanks Storage Set 1: M.2 SSD - 512GB Samsung 950 PRO (NVM Express) Storage Set 2: SSD - 1TB Samsung 850 PRO Storage Set 3: - No Thanks RAID Config: - No Thanks RAID Card: - No Thanks Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections) Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1080 8GB (NVIDIA Founders Edition) (VR Ready) Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio HPC Processor: - No Thanks Extreme Cooling: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow) Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans Internal Lighting: - No Thanks Airflow Control: - No Thanks Chassis Mods: - No Thanks Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Standard Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Automatic Overclocking Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s) OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition) Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows CD) Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 Value)
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: 34 inch Curved (3440 x 1440) (WQHD) (60Hz) Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: Please Prioritize: Ship Within Four Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 6 Year Limited Warranty (6 Year Labor & 4 Year Part Replacement)

Peace Out

EDIT: Added photos provided by customer - Alex

lovely post :)

Edited by chrisinebunny - 06 Mar 2017 at 12:51pm
ssgmike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ssgmike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 8:24am
Originally posted by z3st3r

Sweet
 Post Reply Post Reply