FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooler ??

Post Date: 2011-12-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kane860 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooler ??
    Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 11:57am
Hey Guys,  Im new here and am about to purchase my first computer from DS.  I am planning on getting the i7 3930k overclocked to between 4.0-4.5ghz, the ASUS Rampage 4 Extreme mother board, and the Cooler Master Elite 430 case, just to name a few specs.  The computer also comes with the Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooler .  I have heard different things about liquid cooling and I wanted to know what you guys thought of this cooler.  I want something that is reliable and will not fail.  Some of my friends say that I should just stick to air cooling so the other option would be the  Noctua NH-D14 Extreme Performance  fan.  What you guys think?
darbebo View Drop Down

Quote darbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 12:08pm
Based on the experience and overall culture, they're most likely going to tell you to go wtih the HAF-X case instead of the 430, and then get the Noctua/A70 instead of the liquid cooling UNLESS you're going to stage 3 and up
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 12:16pm
Thanks for the feedback.  I am going with the 430 case because of its smaller size.  The other cases are simply just too big for my application.  The Noctua should fit just fine in the 430 from what I have been reading.  Does anyone think it will not fit?  Also so you would recommend the Noctua air cooling versus the Corsair stage 2 liquid cooling seups?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 12:50pm
If the 430chassis  meets your needs, that's perfectly fine. The performance of the Noctua and the Corsair should be very similar. The Noctua might even perform better in certain occasions (very small difference). However, one advantage that makes the Corsair H80 or other coolers more attractive is that they do not put a lot of stress/weight on the CPU socket area and don't have clearance issues with memory like a massive heat-sink like the Noctua or Corsair A70 would.
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 1:02pm
Alex, thanks for the information.  As you mentioned, the Corsair and the Noctua will both perform very well.  I guess one of my main concerns is the longevity of each unit.  I will probably be using this next computer that I am about to purchse for the next 5 years and I just dont want the liquid cooler to fail before then.  Not to say that it WILL fail, I just dont have any experience with liquid coolers.  I know they are maintenance free but how likely are they to fail, leak, or just experience issues?  Would air cooling units like the Noctua be more reliable than liquid cooling units?  I am also planning on running Corsair Vengeance ram which has large heatsinks.  Will I have any issues fitting the Noctua in a cooler master 430 case with corsair vengeance memory?
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 1:06pm
Hi kane860,

Why don't you give us the configuration number so we can take a look at your system.

The CM Elite 430 case uses 120mm fans. You wont get near as good cooling as you will from the HAF-X. If you want a mid-tower case the CM 922 is a better choice. DS does not list it any more but you can ask them to get you one. You need to add a 200mm fan to the side panel. If you just have to have the 430 case then ask for the 200mm fan on the side panel. I think the 430 is a bad choice.

You don't want LC unless you step up to the Stage 4 level. Even then only the CPU is cooled and you need air to keep the GPUs cool. I would drop the LC and go with the A70 or the Noctua air cooled. The Noctua is quieter than the A70 but it is big. Either one will give you stage 2 cooling.

You don't say what kind of a computer you are building. Is it for gaming or something else? What resolution will you be using? If you are building a gaming rig you probably don't need the 3930K. The 2600K is still a good gaming CPU. In either case the ASUS Rampage MoBo is really not needed.

You will want to get stage 2 OC. You will end up with 4.5/4.6 speed that is very doable.

Frank
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 1:16pm
oh thats a good idea Frank, I appreciate you guys taking a look.  Here is my configuration number: 629896 

Also keep in mind, regarding the memory.  I have it set at 8gb of DS memory but I plan on purchasing an additional 16gb of Corsair Vengeance ram after I receive the computer. 
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 1:19pm
Also, the rig will be used for a lot of multitasking and the only game that I do play is Microsoft Flight Simulator X.  I have debated between the 3730 and the 2600 and after all the research that I have done, I have decided to go with the 3730.  Trust me, I dont need half the stuff on this computer but I want to go overboard.  I want the best and I am willing to pay for it up to about $3,000. 
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 1:58pm
Frank, I Have been thinking about what you said about the cooler master 430 case and I am now looking at an alternative option.  I am limited on space so the HAF cases will not be an option for me.  But I like thie Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced case and it seems to have excellent reviews.  thoughts?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 2:29pm
The Corsair H80 should not fail, but, the Noctua will have a better life span as it does not have fluid inside, etc... The Corsair unit is designed not to require re-filling as well. Both are honestly good choices.
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 3:11pm
Alex, I have been looking into the Noctua and I am finding mixed answers as to if it will fit in my case.  I am planning on using either the cooler master 430 case or CM690 II advanced with ASUS Rampage 4 extreme mother board and either 16gb or 32gb of corsair vengeance ram.  What are your thoughts, do you think this will fit?
Martys View Drop Down

Quote Martys Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 3:45pm
Kane,

The Noctua D14 is not compatible with standard Vengeance memory, or any other memory with tall heat spreaders. It is, however, compatible with low profile vengeance memory. There is a compatibility guide on the Noctua web site.
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 3:49pm

Thanks Martys, good thing you told me.. ill have to look into this further before I make a decision

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 4:32pm
@ kane860, you got bunch of threads with different questions, making very hard to keep up with, keep your questions all in one thread.

Now looking your questions and parts you want to choose you need a lot of help.

if you like help to get the best bang for your buck, please let us know this info:

1. budget

2. is this pc for gaming

3. if it is for gaming What is the native resolution of the monitor you gonna be gaming at?

4. are you gonna do any 3D gaming?

5. what kinds of games to you normally play? (metro, wow, bf3, etc)

Edited by DST4ME - 09 Dec 2011 at 4:38pm
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 4:42pm
Hi kane860,

I tried to respond earlier today but the site wouldn't let me save my configuration.

You have some problems with your system or at least things that I wouldn't do.

1. I know you want a mid-tower but you are looking at the wrong cases. You want to avoid 120mm fans if you can. They turn at high speeds and don't push as much air. For sure you don't want to replace a 200mm fan with a 120mm fan. The best mid-tower case out there for air cooling is the HAF 922. It is a mid tower with very good cooling. I have the feeling you are picking your cases based on looks more than performance. If you don't want the HAF 922 then take a look at the Corsair 600T case.

2. Drop the Corsair memory and get the 1600 DS certified. Performance is the same and it doesn't have the heat spreaders.

3. I dropped out the Raid configuration. You only had one HDD ordered and it is not a good way to go.

4. I added the WD 1T. I am not sure what you had.

5. I changed the 580 to a 570. I don't know your resolution but the 570 is great for 1920 X 1080.

6. I changed your CPU cooler to the A-70. With a mid-tower case you will have more room and still get good cooling.

7. I dropped the blue fan change. If you want blue fans you need to get the 200mm led fans not the 120mm ones.

8. I changed the OC to stage 2. This will give you a speed of 4.5/4.6 with great performance.

9. I changed Win-7 to the Pro. You need that for the 32Gb of memory.

I listed below a system for you to consider. It is just as powerful as your system with a higher OC and less money.

Frank

Build number: 629998 Cost: $2980

If you Pick the HAF 922 instead of the HAF-X then you can reduce your price by $30 or so.

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master 942 HAF X
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz (Unlocked CPU for Extreme Overclocking) (Six-Core)
Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 DELUXE (Intel X79 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s)
System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 1050W Corsair Pro Silver 1050HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 320 Series)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (Model: Black Edition)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB (Includes PhysX Technology) (EVGA Edition)
Add-on Card: USB 3.0 4-Port PCI Express Card
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Corsair A70 Dual 120mm Fans High Performance Cooler
H20 Tube Color:- Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: - No Thanks
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires Pro or Deluxe Series Motherboard)
Boost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Pro(64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows 7 CD)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: - Yes
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 5-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty

Edited by FrankW - 09 Dec 2011 at 4:49pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 4:46pm
Hey frank lets wait for him to respond first as he is all over the place and I like to know his res and exact use before we recommend anything to him. He has mentioned sli is not good for him and etc so I like to get all the correct info once and for all then give him a build.

I also don't want my post to get lost in others post here so lets let him see these questions and respond first.

@ kane860, you got bunch of threads with different questions, making very hard to keep up with, keep your questions all in one thread.

if you like help to get the best bang for your buck, please let us know this info:

1. budget

2. is this pc for gaming

3. if it is for gaming What is the native resolution of the monitor you gonna be gaming at?

Edited by DST4ME - 09 Dec 2011 at 4:47pm
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 4:55pm
Hi DST4ME, yea I asked some of those questions but he never replied. I posted before I saw you had replied or I would have just let you take care of it.

Frank

Edited by FrankW - 09 Dec 2011 at 4:58pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 4:57pm
LOL thanks, we can both do it, just need to get the info from him so we know what he is trying to do.

that is a nice build tho

1. budget

2. is this pc for gaming

Edited by DST4ME - 09 Dec 2011 at 4:58pm
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 7:54pm
Hey Guys, sorry about the multiple threads, I thought it would be best to keep each thread separate so that people could reply to the ones they wanted to, sorry about that.  As for your questions, here they are:

1. budget   about $3000

2. is this pc for gaming     This PC is for mainly multitasking, music editing, video editing, everyday computing, and some gaming.  Perhaps I will get more into gaming if I had a rig already like the one that I am currently about to buy.

3. if it is for gaming What is the native resolution of the monitor you gonna be gaming at?  24" monitor at 1900 x 1200

4. are you gonna do any 3D gaming? perhaps in the future but not at the moment

5. what kinds of games to you normally play? (metro, wow, bf3, etc)  The main game that I play is Microsoft Flight Simulator X.  I already know that the 2600k chip would be better than the 3930k for gaming but I have already decided that I am going to go with the 3930.  Also, this game DOES NOT take advantage of SLI so I do not need an SLI set up.  A GTX580 is what I have decided on. 

Other components that I know I want are the ASUS Rampage 4 Extreme mother board, SSD, HDD, Add on card for USB 3.0, I just currently need advice on cooling and power supply for the most part. 

The latest build to my likings is this: 629980

Thanks again to everyone who is providing me with feedback, I appreciate it.

kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 8:01pm
Frank, thanks for your previous message with the descriptions of the components of the build you recommended, you actually mentioned a few things that I didnt realize such as I need Windows Professional if I want to do 32gb of RAM.  I am also going to see if I can decide on the HAF case that you recommended.  Its bigger than I wanted but I am going to see if I can make it work for the location that I wanted to place it.  It may be sticking out from under my desk a little too far but perhaps it will be worth it.  Also I initially use to choose the stage 2 overclocking but I thought that maybe that would be a little too much and I didnt want to get close to the "border line" of having any issues with the CPU being unstable after using it at that speed for a while, perhaps I am wrong about that idea but I will let you guys provide your thoughts about that.  Thanks again, much appreciated.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 10:42pm
Ok kane lets clear up a few things.

a. yes fsx does not utilize sli correctly, however metro and bf3 do and need it. 3D will need sli also.

b. for fsx you are not going to notice a difference between 580 and 570.

c. you have no need for the Rampage extreme nor does it offer you anything over say the deluxe.

d. what are you trying to raid and what is the raid for?

e. I doubt the 2600k is better in gaming then the 3930K in gaming, they might be equal, but for everything else you mentioned the 3930k is much better.

for your res and what you have mentioned, frank's build is the one you want, I would go sli 570 right off the bat.

nothing wrong with stage 2 oc you just want to ask them for vcore lower then 1.4.

now if you don't agree with what we are saying, then help us understand why, for example why do you need the Rampage mobo? Also you sure you need 32GB of ram?

kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:05pm
Ok well here is my revised build... 632917 ... Im sticking to 2.5gb 570 for better AA.. and its only $50 more than 1.2gb 570.  Also sticking to stage 1 overclock.. I dont really need to "break the limit" of overclock or need to get that close.. rather just keep the overclock lower for less strain on the cpu and longer life. 
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 12:29am
The extra vram helps in aa at 2560 x 1600 res and higher, at 1900 x 1200 it makes no difference.

the oc is not pushing or stressing the cpu at all, just ask for a vcore below 1.4 and your cpu will out live your pc itself.

Your build looks good along as you have need for 16GB of ram.

Ask DS specifically for this fan to be added to the top, so you endup with 4 x 200mm fans:

haf 200mm non led fan

kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 4:46pm
ok I think I am just about ready to make my purchase.. here is my revised config #635060

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master 942 HAF X
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz (Unlocked CPU for Extreme Overclocking) (Six-Core)
Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 DELUXE (Intel X79 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s)
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 1050W Corsair Pro Silver 1050HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 320 Series)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (500GB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (Model: Black Edition)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 2.5GB (Includes PhysX) (EVGA 025-P3-1579-AR)
Add-on Card: USB 3.0 4-Port PCI Express Card
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Noctua NH-D14 Extreme Performance (Does NOT fit on the regular EVGA X58 3X SLI)
H20 Tube Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz
Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Memory Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows 7 CD)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks

Notes:
1.)  Please use Noctua D14 SE2011 version for X79 chipset.
2.) Please overclock as close to 4.4ghz as possible with vcore at 1.4 or under.
3.) Add OEM non LED 200mm fan to top of HAF X Case

I believe that should be it, right??? 
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 5:03pm
Awesome build. I think I'm jealous. What a way to bring in the New Year.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 5:14pm
Hi Kane860,

Happy to see you are about to place your order. Don't forget the free T-shirt. Have you thought about the warranty? The three year warranty only gives you one year on parts. You can't go Tri SLI with that power supply. I don't know that you need to.

Frank

Edited by FrankW - 22 Dec 2011 at 5:15pm
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 5:15pm
Excited Now I Just need to pull the trigger and place the order which is easier said than done!  Hard to let go of that much money Ninja  but it will be worth it from what i hear
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 9:33pm
I FINALLY PLACED MY ORDER!  Here is my final config that I went with:

System Configuration:

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master 942 HAF X Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish

Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 DELUXE (Intel X79 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s) System Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested) Power Supply: 1050W Corsair Pro Silver 1050HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible) Expansion Bay: - No Thanks Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 320 Series) Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (Model: Black Edition) <b></b> Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x) Optical Drive 2: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x) Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections) Video Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 2.5GB (Includes PhysX) (EVGA 025-P3-1579-AR) Add-on Card: USB 3.0 4-Port PCI Express Card Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Noctua NH-D14 Extreme Performance (Does NOT fit on the regular EVGA X58 3X SLI)

H20 Tube Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans Internal Lighting: - No Thanks

CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s) Memory Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit Edition) Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows 7 CD) Virus Protection: - No Thanks

Office: - No Thanks

Game: - No Thanks

Display: - No Thanks

Surge Shield: - No Thanks

Speakers: - No Thanks

Keyboard: - No Thanks

Mouse: - No Thanks

External Storage: - No Thanks

Exclusive T-Shirt: FREE: Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black (Extra Large) Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 5-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed

Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 5:30pm
Congrats you didn't forget the extra fan I hope

Edited by DST4ME - 23 Dec 2011 at 5:31pm
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 5:32pm

Thank you kind sir, I must say that DST you have provided me with excellent advice and I dont think I would have been able to make my purchase without it... you too Alex!  you guys rock Awesome

kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 5:33pm
nope.. i got an email today actually saying that my extra fan was added.. I was surprised by the cost though, an extra $30... I thought they would use the one that was $15 Oops
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 5:48pm
They did you use the one that is $15 but here is shipping, labor/warranty costs that is the extra.

Its been a pleasure and honor to help you K860
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 5:52pm
ohhhh yah my bad, how did I not even realize that lol  sometimes we customers dont even realize those things  since we are only thinking about "when the hell is our new rig going to get here"  hahahaha Excited
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 5:53pm
LOL well the only I know about it is because I had to go thru it, since most of my stuff was custom order so they all had the extra charge.
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 5:53pm
im on stage 3 now... unfortunately my build is still waiting on the 3930k chip since its out of stock... eta is around January 7th.. and also still waiting on new se2011 noctua cooler to arrive I guess.. anyways I cant wait!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>