FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Finally got pics...

Post Date: 2011-09-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
m3nt0s View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote m3nt0s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Finally got pics...
    Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 9:28am
I've had the new rig for a month or so at this point. Decided to stop being lazy and take some pics. The machine has been running absolutely flawlessly since day one and it is incredibly quiet even under full load. I don't think I've ever had a rig before that was so high-end that I could carelessly install any game and instantly set all the graphics settings to high/ultra without thinking twice. Even if this thing blew up tomorrow in an inferno-death-fireball, I would still be confident that this is the best machine I've ever had, and then I would just call up DS again and order something new...of course I didn't get 7 years of warranty for nothing

The case is enormous, it dwarfs my 24" monitor with ease. In the background of the last couple pics you can see it's just massive compared to my ancient work computer. Don't get me wrong, the case is very heavy (shipping weight was 70 lbs) but the issue really isn't the weight, it's the fact that when you put it on your desk, everything else moves significantly in order to accommodate its footprint. Of course I'd buy it again!

The computer has been slightly tough to enjoy only because we lost all our tv/phone/internet with the Verizon strike for a week, and then lost power after Hurricane Irene decided to stomp the area...at least when I AM online it's the best experience ever!

I didn't bother with photos inside the case because I didn't want any case lighting, and getting a good pic is not easy with minimal light. I'm also a bit lazy.

Edited by m3nt0s - 10 Sep 2011 at 9:30am
Ordered 8/1/11 / 800D / 2600K / EVGA GTX 590 / 16GB DDR3 / Sabertooth P67 / 1000W PSU / 1TB WD Caviar (OS) / 2TB WD Caviar (Media) / PCI 802.11n (Bad Dog) / Max Noise Suppression / Max Warranty
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 10:37am
Hi m3nt0s,

Thanks for sharing your pictures and thoughts about your system. I find it interesting that you have the back of the computer facing the operator. Isn't that inconvenient when you want to insert a DVD?

Frank
m3nt0s View Drop Down

Quote m3nt0s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 10:43am
That's true, if I do have a CD/DVD, it's a bit inconvenient, but I like the window to look into the case, and also having access to all the ports on the back is quite handy with external HDD, flash drives, USB for my phone, etc.
Ordered 8/1/11 / 800D / 2600K / EVGA GTX 590 / 16GB DDR3 / Sabertooth P67 / 1000W PSU / 1TB WD Caviar (OS) / 2TB WD Caviar (Media) / PCI 802.11n (Bad Dog) / Max Noise Suppression / Max Warranty
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 11:08am
Nice setup.

Enjoy  Awesome

Hurricane Irene shut us down for couple of days.  Bonded with family for a couple of minutes, read by candlelight then POWER BACK ON.Big%20Smile
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 12:16pm
niceeee
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 12:44pm
Congrats! And nice setup! Awesome

Glad you got through both strikes (business and mother nature that is).

As a side note, we have the same monitor, and the same mouse, but most importantly you have the LEDs set to the same color on your G9x as me.. which pretty much makes us family or something.. LOL
Unlicensedhitman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Unlicensedhitman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 2:18pm
What happens if there is an earthquake and your PC falls off the desk?
Digital Storm xm15 laptop
-15.6" (1366x768)
-Windows 7 HP 64-bit
-Intel Core i5 2.4 Ghz
-Nvidia GeForce 330GT 1GB + Intel HD w/ Nividia Optimus
-6GB DDR3 ram
-Intel 80GB SSD
-Intel Wireless N 6300
m3nt0s View Drop Down

Quote m3nt0s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 4:15pm
Tidgxor: I've had the hardest time convincing people that this mouse is awesome. They look at it and thing "there's no way that thing can be comfortable" but it is. I had to have LED settings to match my keyboard

There was also the earthquake that hit Virginia last month, and we felt it too. This machine was rock solid through that too. Maybe we should ask Alex if they will start doing environmental stress tests too haha

Edited by m3nt0s - 10 Sep 2011 at 4:34pm
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by m3nt0s

I had to have LED settings to match my keyboard

Ditto, I have the G110 but, just the same, had to have those lights matching up! Big%20Smile

And I like the sound of that, I think it would give Digital Storm a good edge:

"Digital Storm Computers: United States Geological Survey - Certified Product"

Edited by Tidgxor - 10 Sep 2011 at 4:37pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 6:30pm
Hahaha
 Post Reply Post Reply