FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

First DS PC

Post Date: 2014-11-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
misy View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote misy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: First DS PC
    Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 5:55am
Just before the Holiday my rig that my husband had a friend build for me ( 5ish years ago with one upgrade 3ish years ago?) started acting all crazy, display drivers kept failing then recovering ( we were told my Graphics was trying to go out), also when i turned my pc on sometimes i couldn't even open a program i would click google chrome or my game and nothing would happen, i couldn't click the windows logo nothing happend, i had alt+tab+delete and reset the pc sometimes once, sometimes a few times before i could do anything. I was told this was my mother board trying to die....
So i here i am knowing nothing of computers or how to build it myself, but i am going to upgrade my parts! then a friend found Digital Storm! I went to their website and fell in love with the Vanquish II level four it had almost the exact same things i was picking out for my new build.. and it is already put together for me! how could i go wrong. I ordered Thursday Nov.6, 2014, i got my P.C. Monday, Nov. 17, 2014. I am loving this thing!!! It's super fast, i play my games in ultimate settings now! No problems with anything on this p.c. or digital storm. Had a few hiccups during the order process cuz of address (P.O. Box) but i just switched my payement method and all was good, the staff was always very curtious and friendly with me when i would call to ask questions or anything. My only problem was the fed-ex guy that delivered the package, instead of sitting the box down beside him ( where it was dry) decided to set it down infront of my door in a big puddle of water that formed from the rain the night before. I about died. i opend the door and saw it sitting in that water! told him to move it onto a dry and i was going to have to open the package and make sure it wasn't damaged now before i signed. no way was i going to sign if the water had soaked thru and wet the p.c. but everything was dry the box barely was even wet, apparently i got to the door pretty fast.
I took pictures of my un-boxing, insides of the P.C., and after i got it all set up... but their seems to be conflict with HTC sync and windows 8.1. When i plug my phone in the screen goes all crazy and flips constantly , very fast and all kinds of stuff. If i ever figure it out or htc does and update so i can use it with my new pc i will post pictures! I was so excited to get this computer and so far it was well worth it.
I will most definatly recommend Digital Storm to people i know wanting a new p.c. and for my future upgrades!

I went to the play store and installed the clouds one drive (which was already on my pc, just have to make your microsoft account) onto my phone now i am backing my pics.

WHAT a big box!

When i opened the box, what i found.

what was under that!

It's Innerds! All nice and neat. And shiny!

All Hooked up. Time to turn it on!

So pretty. So quiet. So fast.

Edited by misy - 19 Nov 2014 at 8:22am
Kyva View Drop Down

Quote Kyva Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 6:31am
Oh wow, horrible service on Fedex's part.I'm happy to hear it didn't soak through and that you're enjoying it.

I cannot wait for mine. I keep refreshing my delivery page hoping it will magically jump states :)

I'd love to see your unboxing if you ever get the link to work.
oldlady RPGer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids

Quote oldlady RPGer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 6:41am
I hate FedEx.

Can't wait to see your pics!!!!
Me sitting my ECMO in PICU. Now you know why I like LC. ;)

misy View Drop Down

Quote misy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 6:47am
@Kyva~ I kept refreshing mine too! I was super excited! Seems you are too. I hope you enjoy your new machine when it comes in!

@ oldlady RPGer ~ i wish i could i even looked it up and i can't find a fix, others seem to be having the same problem with not being able to use htc sync on windows 8.1. not sure how i am going to get pics off my phone now. i'll eventually figure something out.
Kyva View Drop Down

Quote Kyva Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 7:12am
I usually don't get stuff by way of Fedex, but so far, I haven't had a problem. That may be because the driver needs to actually come inside the building to deliver it (I'm in an apartment on the second floor).

Misy, could there maybe be an app you can download? The whole Windows 8.1 and old programs thing wasn't something I even thought about until my hubby brought it up.

So now I need to cross-reference to see what I might be able to use and what may become unavailable, for now.
misy View Drop Down

Quote misy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 7:24am
the computer comes with the cloud onedrive. i just went to play store on my phone and installed it to my phone and am backing up all my pic's there, hopefully i'll figure out how to get to them on my pc when its finished so i can post the unboxing pics.
but i had over 500 pic's on my phone and i am now on 307 remaining... may take while.
Thank you for responding =D
misy View Drop Down

Quote misy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 8:39am
so now my only problem i am a C.O.D/ final Fantasy girl. I got a code for eaither Assasin's Creed Untiy, The Crew, or Far Cry 4 and i don't know which to get as i have never tried any of these games, and i have never played a racing game. All the trailors look interesting.. which would you get if it were you?
jpforensic View Drop Down

Quote jpforensic Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 6:23pm
Congrats on the safe delivery and the new rig! My Apollo is currently making its way across the country and the wait is agonizing! Ive stopped refreshing the UPS tracking status in order to preserve my sanity The expected delivery date is this coming Monday and that's right around the corner, right? Right?!

As far as the game choice goes, its simply a matter of personal preference imho. Im going with Assassin's Creed but with the latest WoW expansion having just dropped its unlikely that I'll play anything else for awhile. Good luck with your choice!
eldente View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote eldente Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 6:28pm
Happy for you man! My aventum keeps crashing when gaming trying to figure it out
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 7:16pm
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
misy View Drop Down

Quote misy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by jpforensic

Congrats on the safe delivery and the new rig! My Apollo is currently making its way across the country and the wait is agonizing! Ive stopped refreshing the UPS tracking status in order to preserve my sanity The expected delivery date is this coming Monday and that's right around the corner, right? Right?!

As far as the game choice goes, its simply a matter of personal preference imho. Im going with Assassin's Creed but with the latest WoW expansion having just dropped its unlikely that I'll play anything else for awhile. Good luck with your choice!

I know for me it seemed it took forever when it really wasn't! Congratulations and your new rig . I really hope you enjoy it! It will be here before you know it. Just 4 days and one night to go!
i think i refreshed every hour ( more like prolly every 30 min. i lost my sanity .lol. All joking aside) it never moved, fed-ex never updated after posting they had picked it up from the DS facility. just gave me a expected delivery date. I take that back they did one update the day they put it on the truck for delivery.
 Post Reply Post Reply