FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CM Storm Devastator Question/Problem

Post Date: 2014-09-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sls0991 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sls0991 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: CM Storm Devastator Question/Problem
    Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 9:28pm
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129030

I purchased this keyboard and mouse combo when I ordered my Vanquish II. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the mouse staying on while the computer is off problem. I've been trying to find a solution and all I get is "the usb is for charging phones and stuff so it keeps power" or something. Unplugging it every night is going to be annoying (I'll have to use a USB in the front for this and that really sucks). I don't want to kill the mouse or anything by keeping it on (idk if it will or not lol) but mostly the light is just too bright and distracting in my room (mostly for my kitty, can't have him attacking the computer at night!). Any suggestions other than changing the bios? (Read that somewhere too.) I'm not comfortable with changing registry stuff or major settings yet, I've only had the computer for a day and it's been amazing so far. I have a lot of re-learning to do with PCs as I haven't had one in a very long time.
Ariktu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ariktu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 11:47pm
I assume you need to change a setting in the bios to turn off the usb power.

I would call DS tomorrow and have them walk you thru the steps to change the bios setting.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 3:47am
I don't have Windows 8, but my understanding is that it has a fast startup option, for quick boot times. This option might be leaving the USB Power on.   Go to Control Panel, Power Options, and look for where the fast startup can he enabled/disabled. If you use Shutdown from Start menu it should fully shutdown, but I'm not up on Windows 8.

Edited by bprat22 - 24 Sep 2014 at 3:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply