FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Build Help: Gaming, Streaming, Multitasking

Post Date: 2015-02-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
misstwiztd View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote misstwiztd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Build Help: Gaming, Streaming, Multitasking
    Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 12:54pm
Hello everyone, I thought I had everything figured out, but after reading for the past few hours and only having minimal knowledge about hardware I thought it'd be a good idea to get some opinions. I have a budget of $2500, not looking to go over that by any more than a few bucks.

I need a gaming rig that is going to allow me to play any game on the market on high-ultra settings for a few years to come. Games that I am looking to play on PC would be World of Warcraft, Diablo III, LoL, Elder Scrolls series (including online), Minecraft, numerous FPS games, and basically anything else I find on Steam...I play e v e r y t h i n g. I play a mix between console and PC, but when I play PC I don't want to be disappointed with a laggy or low resolution experience...duh.

I'm going to be running a dual monitor setup because I am looking to start streaming on Twitch. I am not interested in gaming on 2 monitors, just gaming on one, and using my 2nd to keep tabs on whatever else I happen to be doing in the background. I will be using two 23 inch monitors. (ASUS VX238H 23-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor) Another important note is I will sadly have to be connected to Wi-Fi. The setup is going upstairs and unless I decide to relocate my modem...which I may I would like the capabilities of Wi-Fi. Was thinking the PCI card...?

I'm primarily looking at the Apollo. I love the styling overall and what I have previously built fit my budget. Though, I had dabbled with the Velox, but I'm just really leaning towards the Apollo. I'm 100% going to be running Windows 7, I am disgusted with 8...I'm looking to take advantage of the current deal of up to $200 off a purchase, free shipping, and the 4 year warranty. The build I posted below is at $2600, but with $75 off I will be right where I want.

Configuration Code: 1146680

Specifications:

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Digital Storm Apollo
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0 GHz (Codename Devils Canyon) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK2 (Intel Z97 Chipset) (Military-Grade TUF Components)
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 2133MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 750W Corsair CX750M
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (250GB Samsung 850 EVO)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (1TB Seagate)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: Wireless PCI-E ASUS PCE-N53 (Dual Band Performance) (Supports 802.11n/g/b)
Graphics Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB (Includes PhysX)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 120mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler (High-Performance Edition)
H20 Tube Color:- Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled LED Lighting System (Multiple color options and lighting effects)
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz
Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)
michaeljhuman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote michaeljhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 1:03pm
Good cpu for gaming
Good video card for gaming
I would have changed to the EVGA Supernova, if budget permits ( I don't think it was a big upcharge)
I have a similar storage setup on my current PC, and it works good ( SSD + 1 TB HD)
You could consider changing to the WD Black
Apollo seems decent, but I have never owned that case. Cases are a matter of choice as long as they fit the components you need

Does the memory configure as quad channel? That is, 4x4?

As your budget seems to be fixed, you can probably ignore the changes I suggested. They only make sense if you have a bit of flexibility

Edited by michaeljhuman - 10 Feb 2015 at 1:04pm
"The other day, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. What an elephant was doing in my pajamas, I will never know"
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 2:26pm
Hi misstwiztd,

You can get the 750 Super Nova power supply for $30. That would be a better choice.

If I wanted to use Wi-Fi I would buy a AC series PCI card. That is the latest generation and operates at a much higher speed than an N router. Even if you don't have an AC router the AC PCI card is backward compatible with an N router. Later on you can upgrade to an AC router and get the much better speed. Look at the Asus PCE-AC68.

Frank

Table from Asus.

Edited by FrankW - 10 Feb 2015 at 2:28pm

Quote misstwiztd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 8:37am
Thanks guys for the information. I did do some upgrading.

Changed system memory to the "16GB DDR3 1866MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)"

Changed power supply to the "850W EVGA SuperNOVA"

Changed storage set 1 to the "1x SSD (128GB Samsung 850 PRO)"

Changed storage set 2 to the "1x Storage (1TB Western Digital - Black Edition)"

From what I was reading it seems the PCI cards are decently easy to install. I'm sure I can figure it out, but I may just stick with the PCI that DS offers for now. I have an Asus router that is pretty new, though I did do snooping and it is an N Router..which I'm still learning difference between N and AC. I think once I get this all setup and running...in the future (this year at least) I'll upgrade at the same time to both an AC PCI and an AC Router. Router I have currently is the "Asus RT-N66R". Though, I looked up the PCE-AC68 and that will be my next buy after I get my PC and monitor setup! Really appreciate the input, if you have any other suggestions let me know!

Pacesetter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Pacesetter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 1:51pm
The 128GB SSD is nice but not enough storage for a lot of games, pics, videos etc so what I did was partition my 1Tb HDD to two parts (operational and storage). On the operational partition I put folders matching the main folders on the SSD.

Programs 2, downloads 2, documents 2, music 2, pictures 2, and a couple of my own, like I always have an EXE folder that I download install files to so I keep the actual downloads folder not so messy. I put one EXE folder on my desktop and EXE 2 on drive E (personal preference but works well). I have had no problems running programs like games, Ccleaner, malwarebytes etc from Programs 2 on drive E.

Drive C contains the OS and major programs like anti-virus and programs that actually need to be in conjunction with windows like sound and video etc. With this set-up I still have about 34Gb on the SSD and nearly 70 GB installed on the HDD and more coming. I will probably end up with about 350Gb on the HDD when I transfer files from my other 2 computers. (been lazy about that because I am gaming too much. :-) )

Just something to consider.
Vanquish II Ultimate.
I was laying in bed looking up at the stars and wondered "where is my ceiling?"

Quote misstwiztd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 1:38pm
Thank you so much for this information Pacesetter! I will seriously look into getting a similar setup once I order and get my paws on her! Looks like I will be ordering the 2nd week of March, still reading up though and taking suggestions to make sure I build the right rig. I want to be able to use it for years to come.
ultrazilla View Drop Down

Quote ultrazilla Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 4:55am
asus rampage v extreme
i7-5960x oveclock 5Ghz
4 way titan black overclock 1200 Mhz
64gb ram ddr4 corsair dominator platinum 3300Mhz
8x samsung 850 pro 256gb ssd

Quote misstwiztd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 11:49am
I made some changes...again. I took some previous suggestions, but would not mind if someone looked this over for me one more time because it looks like I will be ordering on FRIDAY! Also, I have three questions if anyone has the time to help me with them.

Again, my uses are for gaming on high-ultra (games from World of Warcraft to Skyrim like games), streaming on twitch, some multitasking (not gaming and hardcore programs, multitasking with webpages or broadcast programs while gaming), and I will be running dual ASUS VX238H 23-Inch monitors. This build is being kept around $2,500, with the current promotion and free shipping the build posted below will work out pretty perfectly

1. I chose a different motherboard, is this something reliable that I can be happy with? I did some searching and it seems to have some decent reviews, but thought I'd ask.

2. I've noticed some people don't think going with Windows 7 is a great choice due to not being able to take advantage of newer Direct X versions. I don't particularly like Windows 8, but if it's going to benefit my performance I will do it...any opinions?

Thanks again to everyone who reads this and has helped in the past on this post. I try and learn everyday about this stuff, but I can only cram so much into my noodle at once! ...and believe me I've been reading these forums like a nut job.

Configuration Code:     1157891

Configuration URL:     https://www.digitalstormonline.com/configurator.asp?id=1157891

Specifications:

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Digital Storm Apollo
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0 GHz (Codename Devils Canyon) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Z97M-PLUS (Intel Z97 Chipset) (MATX)
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 1866MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 850W EVGA SuperNOVA
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks

Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (250GB Samsung 850 EVO)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (1TB Western Digital - Black Edition)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks

Internet Access: Wireless PCI-E ASUS PCE-N53 (Dual Band Performance) (Supports 802.11n/g/b)
Graphics Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB (Includes PhysX)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks

Extreme Cooling: !CLEARANCE: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H100i 240mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler (Extreme Performance)
H20 Tube Color:- Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled LED Lighting System (Multiple color options and lighting effects)
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks

Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz
Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-Bit Edition)

Edited by misstwiztd - 04 Mar 2015 at 11:52am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 12:02pm
Hi misstwiztd.....  That looks like an excellent build to me.       The biggest difference between this mobo and the Sabertooth you had initially selected, is that the Sabertooth  is a full size mobo and allows for sli, 2x graphics card and has a longer warranty, 5 years vs 3 years I believe.  Other than that, go for it.

I don't have Windows 8 so others can comment.  

Good luck and stay in touch. Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 04 Mar 2015 at 12:03pm
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Pacesetter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 12:09pm
The build looks good. You'll enjoy it.

For Win7, it will run DX11 on home premium and above without problems and is supplied for download by windows update. The thing with Win7 is support for some versions. You can only get updates except for the ultimate and pro versions. Full support for these (for now).

Vanquish II Ultimate.

Quote misstwiztd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 12:27pm
Woo! You guys are getting me all excited for this PC.

Thanks @bprat22 for the clarification on the motherboard, I don't think I will be looking to upgrade to SLI on this rig, maybe in 5 years I'll get a new rig and tango with dual, for now a single card is gonna do some pretty decent work for me!

@Pacesetter So, are you saying it may be worth getting Windows 8, or I'll be good with Windows 7? My fiance has Windows 8 on his laptop and it has been....a pain..but I doubt I'm really gonna purchase another OS after this one, so I want to make sure I choose wisely! Sorry if I didn't follow your response well!

THANKS for responding so QUICKLY, this community is so reliable -- I'm happy to soon be an official part of it!

Quote misstwiztd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 12:29pm
Also, I will keep in touch! I will make sure to get tons of pictures of the rig when she arrives and make a post about it! I'm all sorts of giddy right now!   
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 12:31pm
   We love pics.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Pacesetter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 12:36pm
I have to admit getting used to Win8 was a pain, but it has proven to be a decent OS. Much better than I thought.

Win7 pro would be the way to go if you like Win7. Since most businesses use this edition, it will likely be around a while (like people held on to XP pro until the last available update). : )

Edited by Pacesetter - 04 Mar 2015 at 12:38pm
Vanquish II Ultimate.

Quote misstwiztd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 1:07pm
Haha, perfect @bprat22 I love taking them!

Ohhh, @Pacesetter I see what you're saying to me now! Haha, I will think about this and hopefully make up my mind by Friday! It's only 52 bucks extra for Win. 7 Pro...but 8 is free...but I guess when I'm spending 2500-2600...what is an extra 50 difference gonna make? Again, THANK YOU!
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 1:08pm
No matter which Windows you choose, you will be able to upgrade to Win 10 around mid-year or so, for free. Win 7 Pro is a solid performer but 8.1 is doing OK for gamers. I don't upgrade every time there is a new Win. I had XP and then Win 7 Pro. I will upgrade to Win 10.   

Frank

Quote misstwiztd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 5:25pm
@FrankW Then I think I may choose Win 7 Pro and work with that for as long as possible. :D Thanks!

Quote misstwiztd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 8:53am
OMG I JUST ORDERED MY FREAKING GAMING RIG GUYS. *CRIES*
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 9:30am
Awesome

Edited by bprat22 - 05 Mar 2015 at 9:30am
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 10:04am
Clay View Drop Down

Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:59pm
Ha!!   
I7 13700KF 5.4hz
ASUS Prime z790 MoBo
ASUS Dual 4070
32g ram@5200
850 Gold PSU
1TB SSD 2TB SSD
27" ASUS Monitor 144hz
Razer Ornata Chroma Keyboard
Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse
Nari Ultimate Headset
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 12:33am
misstwiztd, if you want the "Verified Customer" badge, since now you're hangin' with the cool kids make sure your forum email and your order email match, exactly. (Yes, it is case sensitive as I personally found out.)

We're very excited for you and want pictures and reviews of your rig.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Pacesetter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 3:11am

Too cool!   Can't wait for your reactions when you get it plugged in and try it!

Vanquish II Ultimate.

Quote misstwiztd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 8:04am
Woo, thanks EVERYONE!

That worked @Snaike, I have my "verified customer" badge, I'm official! Now I keep checking my email like a creep. I must confess when I graduated highschool my first gaming PC was.... *turns red in the face* an ------... Of course not knowing ANY better, I was so excited about it! Though, 2 years ago it completely took a dump on me, it would start turning off randomly at different moments when it was running..and then officially would no longer start without an error that stated there wasn't anything to connect to..so whatever. I wasn't going to bother fixing this hunk of junk..even my LED was such a bitch to get to work I always had to smack the side panel and it'd light up again..lol... Luckily I do have an ASUS gaming laptop I do really love, but it's been WAY overdue for a new rig...a REAL rig...

I am just nervous because these are custom built, I've heard it can take some tweaking to get computers like these running "just right". Any help on that information I heard, what sort of tweaking did you *NEED* to do before your DS rig was running top notch, or am I safe out the box? I'm a pretty "self taught" sort of girl, I've been teaching myself how to use a computer and basically anything techie since I was young, but I'm not an expert...I am a bit intimidated, but can follow instruction.

Also, I WILL take TONS of pictures, I happen to be an artist and a photographer so, I'll be whipping out the Canon 6D. :P

@Pacesetter, I am excited too! I will be home alone when it arrives most likely so I hope I can get it inside without much of an issue..I'm sure they aren't light computers, my ------- was a tank..I took it out of the box when I got it and moved it up the steps...one step at a time...like..picked it up and set it down on each step..until I got up them...I'm seriously too impatient. LOL

EDIT - Removed competitor name - Snaike

Edited by Snaike - 06 Mar 2015 at 11:37am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 8:09am
DS does all the tweaking for you.  Strong  Just plug it in and GO.  Big%20Smile

Some use Geforce Experience to tweak each game for optimal settings  and some like myself just do it myself if needed.

This will sound basic, but it does come up with some complaining of the monitor not working......Make sure you plug the monitor cable into the graphics card below the rear fan and not the motherboard's video ports next to the fan.

Have fun. Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 06 Mar 2015 at 8:10am

Quote misstwiztd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 8:12am
That's really good to hear! I have my twitch channel ready and waiting, I just need the PC..set up my camera, use my Atro A40's as my mic, and I'm good to go! I just need to learn XSplit now. XD   

OHH, okay I will keep that in mind. I wouldn't have even thought of that as an issue!

I will have two monitors though, both go into GPU? Going to do one monitor HDMI and the other monitor DVI, most likely monitor for gaming will be DVI and my off monitor HDMI.

I will 100% have fun!

Edited by misstwiztd - 06 Mar 2015 at 8:15am
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 8:49am
Originally posted by misstwiztd

@FrankW Then I think I may choose Win 7 Pro and work with that for as long as possible. :D Thanks!

Hi misstwiztd,

That sounds good. If you do decide to upgrade to Win 10 the Free upgrade will only be available for one year after the release date. Only Win 10 will have DirectX 12 graphics API. It seems that Win 10 may be good for gamers.   

Frank
Clay View Drop Down

Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 9:43am
Congrats!
I7 13700KF 5.4hz
ASUS Prime z790 MoBo
ASUS Dual 4070
32g ram@5200
850 Gold PSU
1TB SSD 2TB SSD
27" ASUS Monitor 144hz
Razer Ornata Chroma Keyboard
Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse
Nari Ultimate Headset
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 10:17am
Woohooo,... Badge looks good there! (and you're welcome, of course!)

Yes, these machines are custom built but like bprat says, DS does all the tweaking... that's their guarantee. You might have to run some updates but that's easy. Like he says, "Just plug it in and GO."

Yes, both monitors to the GPU. You'll have plenty of slots to choose from as long as you're not running VGA (yes, I'm old).

Enjoy your machine and we're really looking forward to an artist's perspective of the Apollo.

Oh yea... and you can play GAMES, TOO!!!   
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 10:59am

once I order and get my paws on her!

Are you naming 'her,' too?

Quote misstwiztd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 1:14pm
@FrankW I went with Win7 Pro, so I'll use it for the year and maybe upgrade for free, not sure really.

Thanks, @Clay. Okay, @Snaike REALLY good to know! Can't wait to get those two monitor hooked up and turn this thing on.....has it been 10-15 business days yet???! I'll try and see what kind of cool shots I can manage. :)

As for naming her...I will, it will hit me within the first week or two. When I bought my Genesis Coupe 3 years ago I was able to name her within the first month! I'll let you know what I come up with! :D

Edited by misstwiztd - 06 Mar 2015 at 1:15pm
Dwik30 View Drop Down

Quote Dwik30 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 6:14pm
Welcome to the Apollo family, your gonna have to light her up green and post some pics :)
"Envy Green" Apollo
ASUS X99-DELUXE
Intel i7 5820K 4.4 ghz
16GB DDR4 2666MHz
2 X Nvidia GTX 970 4gb
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Dwik30

Welcome to the Apollo family, your gonna have to light her up green and post some pics :)

Now you're gonna get Snaike all antsy

I went with Win7 Pro, so I'll use it for the year and maybe upgrade for free, not sure really.

I've been using W10 Technical Preview for a while now and have liked it. Much more similar to Windows7 than Windows 8 in the way you interface with the various parts of the system. I only temporarily did not have the Start Menu after one of the updates, but that has been fixed and things like that are to be expected in early trials.

Edited by  - 06 Mar 2015 at 7:03pm

Quote misstwiztd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 7:03pm
@Dwik30 I totally wish green was my thing, but I'm a purple kinda girl! :P I can throw a green one in for you though! :D

Quote misstwiztd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by 

Originally posted by Dwik30

Now you're gonna get Snaike all antsy

I went with Win7 Pro, so I'll use it for the year and maybe upgrade for free, not sure really.

I've been using W10 Technical Preview for a while now and have liked it. Much more similar to Windows7 than Windows 8 in the way you interface with the various parts of the system. I only temporarily did not have the Start Menu after one of the updates, but that has been fixed and things like that are to be expected in early trials.

Well, that is good to hear. I fell in love with Windows 7, I felt like they finally got it right. It ran great, felt comfortable, and it wasn't over complicated...then...Windows 8 came out and it was in a totally OPPOSITE direction..and I can't say I enjoyed it at all..I'd choose XP over 8 any day! Too much going on, I log on my computer for my work and my gaming, my OS doesn't need all that "fluff" and tile crap! Lol...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>