FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bolt II Hardline cooling

Post Date: 2014-09-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
redchaostry View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote redchaostry Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Bolt II Hardline cooling
    Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 5:12am
Getting ready to order a Bolt II (shortly after the Asus Maximus VII Impact is available) and had a quick question about the new cooling option that is available, the Hardline: Digital Storm Acrylic Tubing Custom Cooling System.

Is there any performance improvements/differences between it and the standard liquid CPU cooler, or is it just mainly just a cosmetic option?

And no chance of CPU/GPU cooling with it?

Thank you for your time.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 6:30am
The Hardline cooling option is more for looks than performance, IMHO.  That and the 240mm rad sealed cooler will both get the job done about the same.  

Just cpu cooling.  I think space is the issue for a cooling block and fittings, as it being a SFF case, plus there is no separate reservoir , but a fill port for the loop.

It does have a seperate pump instead of the smaller self  contained pump of the sealed units, which might add to some performance and reliability, but DS would be a better judge of that. 

The Hardline looks awesome in my book, but not needed. 

Hope this helps a bit and good luck. Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 23 Sep 2014 at 6:33am
graav View Drop Down

Quote graav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 8:54pm
I was also wondering about this. Would you still have to replace the liquid inside this cooling system in time / How long would it last?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 3:34am
Being a water cooled system, minus the reservoir, it would need the same maintenance. Some change their fluid every 6 months but most wait a year or more.   
danjw1 View Drop Down

Quote danjw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 5:23am
Custom water cooling requires regular maintenance. Like bprat22 said, it should be done between 6 months to once year. When doing this, you should flush the system, usually with distilled water, than change the cooling fluid. I am sure their a youtube videos out there on this. Honestly, from what I have read, distilled water is the best fluid to use in a liquid cooling system. Most like to add a little biocide and some use an anti corrosion agent as well. It is best to keep the computer off during this process, you can get a jumper that connects to the 24-pin motherboard power supply cable to start it without having the motherboard running.
 Post Reply Post Reply