FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aventum: Zend's new beast review with pic's

Post Date: 2012-12-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zend View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Aventum: Zend's new beast review with pic's
    Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 5:21pm
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332/netdefender/hui/ndhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> <span lang="">

Ok you have to forgive me I never wrote a review before so if I sound long winded or everything is not in order please gore give me with that said on to my story.

To under stand everything will have to tell you a little about me, I have been fighting cancer , and other illness from kemo and radiation treatment's, and depression for a little over 8 years now, so this computer is my life line to the world it's how I travel see and meet friend's it's the only way I can see the would and participate in it so when I say this computer is a life line I mean it with out one I have no life so I needed the best out their to improve my quality of life that when the search began I looked at a few companies couldn't get strait answer's to question's to be honest most of the people I talked to you could tell it was just a job to them and I meant nothing only meant money to them, then my brother told me to check out Digital Storm, he did some research and said they sounded like what I was looking for, so I looked and found out what power full and great rig's they where designing, so I started putting one together and when I was done I called DS and I was shocked with the whole thing , I met Gerarldo and the honesty and helpfulness was unmatched to any company I ever worked with I designed a rig at 13k and he redesigned it to $ 4500 no company ever tried to talk me out of spending lol he told me why I should make the changes and explained thing to where I could understand the information I had to kind of fight with him for the increase in the tech hahaha, all in a good way he was actually watching out for me and that is un herd off in a company, I explained my situation and he right away understood and help me build the Beast I have today between him and Bryan and Alex I was able to create a monster rig a fantasy dream computer I never knew I would ever own to allow me to participate in the would with such power and speed it's opened up my life to greater possibilities, they where all their for every question every concern I had and they responded to every email with in no more then 30 min's or sooner no question was ever stupid to them or trivial they where all important questions to them, the honesty and helpfulness of every person I talked to was unmatched to anything I ever experience in my life with other store's or companies and this is no exaggeration, because of how DS treats it's costumer's and I mean all their employees they changed how I started seeing the would because of everything I have been going g though I started only seeing greed, selfishness, backstabbing every one was out for them self's and didn't care about anything or any one but them it was me me me me me and I know im sounding weird but because of how DS run's everything they truly help change the way I see people, and that is something I can never repay them for and that's why I know no matter what else that is why people should be getting their rig's from DS you will never find a more honest helpful company out their and not only after you got your rig they will be their for years after helping you just like you where still a new costumer, I am telling you all the truth take away from my story what you want but they do make your dream or fantasy rig come alive and they stick with you

ok the new computer came and their was no damage what's so ever the only thing wrong from the long shipping was some screw's where loose when I opened the back plate the fan cooling the upper left of the rig fell off just had to screw them back in. ok now I got everything plugged in and powered it up the bios said their was a problem with the fan's an error pot up, I called DS and they help me fix the issue in 1 min just had to change 1 thing in the bios, this rig is unreal it is doing thing I didn't think passable, it is fast I try and make my game's lag or slow down and I can't this rig is so cool, I can max everything in a game put in 3d and their is nothing no lag no slow downs, programs our running smoother and faster then any computer I ever owned one more problem did pop up the special heat board for the Aventum is acting up if I leave it in auto my all my fans will shut off after awhile, but they already shipping me a new board so that will be fix soon I am making a couple of changes yet and Bryan and Richard one of the techs have been so helpful and are helping me with them other then that everything is working great and I am really happy with the new rig and that my friends is a big understatement lol and again I want to thank Geraldo, Bryan, Alex, Richard and everyone one else at Digital Storm thanks for all the help and everything you did for meand for the minor problem's

</span><font face="Times New Roman"><span lang="EN">

The loose screws and fan can happen from shipping, vibrations and such. They try not to tighten the scows to much or else it can strip the threads. and the fans, it's most likely something with a loose fan connection, as it seemed like it got a rough ride to my place, however, the replacement board they sending you should take care of everything. You figure it had to travle by road from calf. to wisconcin

And thier is one thing I hope to see in the future with the Aventum is they move the reservoir's to the front or add a plate to see them in the back with so you don't have to remove the back side plate to see your coolant lvl

Also I am asking them if they can make a special side plate I would also love to see the window bigger so you can see the whole inside of the computer and then they can place the reservoir in the front to the left thier is pleny of room thier and so im hoping they can make me one will see and will let you know if can be done hope you all enjoy this review thank's for the time reading it

</span><span lang="">

here are some more pic.s I added another SSD and the mirror so far and also some pic's of the reservoir that some people asked for

</span>

this is the money shot lol

the new SSD

pic's with the mirror installed

ok it wont let me download any more pic's I will put some on the review for my brother's computer will use his log on will put his review and pics of his on that in another day hope you injoy the pics had many more wanted to show you with the different lighting

I have a bunch more pic's on another thread zendars new beast check them out how cool they made the Aventun

[EDIT - I shifted the photos around to show the system first, then internals -- Alex]

Edited by zend - 23 Dec 2012 at 5:54pm
Black OPS Aventum
i7 3930K 4.6GHZ
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Memory:16GB DDR3 2400MHz DominatorPlatinum
3xSLI Triple GTX680 4GB Includes PhysX
Cryo-TEC System CPU and Liquid Cooling Video Cards+Chipset
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 5:45pm
Thank you for posting so many great photos and for your great review. I hope you continue to enjoy your system and that it allows you to be closer and stay connected to everyone you know.

Per the loose screws and such, it does look like the system had a rough ride, I'm glad you were able to get that taken care of. We also try not to make the screws too tight to ensure we do not strip the threads for the screws. I'm glad our team is sending you a new control board, something might have loosened up, but, this will ensure that it takes care of the fans.

Other than that, I'm glad you're happy with the system! The mirror looks awesome!
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 6:47pm
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332/netdefender/hui/ndhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> I am having a blast with it
Black OPS Aventum
i7 3930K 4.6GHZ
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 7:28pm
Thanks, I also noticed that it appears one of your SSD drives is not plugged in? When you were performing adjustments and transferring files/data, did you forget to plug it back in?
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 7:36pm
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332/netdefender/hui/ndhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> lol no I can't figure out where to plug into mother board everything is kind of blocked to get to anything so Richard said when we do the board you sent me we will connect the new SSD he would have done it earlier but like he said when we do the heat board we will have to disconnect them anyways to move the stuff out of the way so we decided to wait untill the board comes it's going to be tricky but Richard will walk me though it I am hoping to get the the motherboard I will not have to take much apart I should have let you install in the biggining anyways so all my fault lol but it will help me learn the in and outs of this computer

Edited by zend - 23 Dec 2012 at 7:37pm
Black OPS Aventum
i7 3930K 4.6GHZ
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 8:15pm
No problem, we'll definitely help you out.

I noticed you only ordered one SSD, I was wondering how the second one was in there.
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 8:19pm
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332/netdefender/hui/ndhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> I ordered some stuff from corsair for my old computer to rebiuld it and I decided then to buy the new SSD so when I ordered the other stuff I ordered the SSD like I said wish I would have just had you do in the beginning
Black OPS Aventum
i7 3930K 4.6GHZ
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
DomTheBomb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DomTheBomb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 10:45pm
Awesome review and some more great pictures!

Love what you did with the mirror, get to see all the cool waterworks from another angle.

Once again congratulations, thanks for taking the time to take and post those pictures and the review!
DS x17, 1 Year 5 Months
i7 3720QM (2.6GHz/3.6GHz)
16GB 1600MHz DDR3
Nvidia GTX 680M 4GB
240GB Intel 520 SSD
Windows 8.1 Pro
joguco2012 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote joguco2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 10:22am
Excellent review and great pics.

Congratulations, your rig is awesome!!!

Awesome
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 1:00am
thanks

I hope every one had a very merry christmas
Black OPS Aventum
i7 3930K 4.6GHZ
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
retirednavysnipe View Drop Down

Quote retirednavysnipe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 7:48am
Zend,

Very cool system and review. I too ordered from DS to make a so called life line to the world, I have some very serious issues with my back that are not able to be resolved. I have been on Disability for 2 years and been having issues for 4 years. I rarely leave the house due to being in so much pain and weakness I usually fall down, even with the use of my walker. I am pretty much house bound. I ordered my pc to regain some sort of normalcy. It did help and DS made it possible.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas

John
Hailstorm Black Ops
I7 3930K 4.5GHZ
16GB 1600MHZ ram
2 x GTX 680
120 GB SSD, 1 TB hardrive
Fully liquid cooled CPU, GPU and chipset.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 10:20am
 Awesome

Edited by Tidgxor - 26 Dec 2012 at 10:20am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 1:29pm
Thank you retirednavysnipe for sharing.
oldlady RPGer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids

Quote oldlady RPGer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Dec 2012 at 5:17pm
Totally cool rig!!!
Me sitting my ECMO in PICU. Now you know why I like LC. ;)

Smileh104 View Drop Down

Quote Smileh104 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 8:11pm
Zend, in your signature, it says you have 3x SLI Dual? 3x Dual?
zend View Drop Down

Quote zend Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 3:14pm
Alex was woundering why this review hasn't been switched to the costumer review section yet is my review badly writen
Black OPS Aventum
i7 3930K 4.6GHZ
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 4:38pm
I think you have a fine review. Sometimes it takes them awhile to move things over to the review forum since they don't have a dedicated forum administrator. 
oldlady RPGer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids

Quote oldlady RPGer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 9:33am
Not everybody gets picked for the review forum.
Me sitting my ECMO in PICU. Now you know why I like LC. ;)

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 12:39pm
Moved over now by the team.
 Post Reply Post Reply