FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aventum (Level 3) . . . BF3 performance

Post Date: 2012-04-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
audiopanik View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote audiopanik Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Aventum (Level 3) . . . BF3 performance
    Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 10:28am
Budget:
5 - 6k+

Expectations:
To be able to play Battlefield 3 (and similarly graphically intensive games) at maximum resolution / quality on 3x24" monitors with no heat or crashing issues.

Usage:
Mainly gaming, but some software development related projects

What I am wondering is will the default configuration Aventum Level 3 handle Battlefield 3 and similar games at Ultra resolution on 3 monitors with no crashing or heat issues?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 10:51am
Hi audiopanik......Welcome.

The Avendum level 3 has tri-sli, 3x gtx680.  Across 3 monitors that leaves a single 680 for each monitor .    For 24" monitor and I'm assuming 1920x1080 resolution, you will get BF3 and most games playing on ultra in the mid-60 fps on average from all tests I've seen.  That's average, which means at times it'l  go much higher and times it might dip into the low 50 fps.  Great gaming, but some want 60+ fps always.

I personally would rather have a single 30" monitor at 2560x1600 resolution that this setup would play maxed out with room to spare, but that's just me.

As far as crashing and heat issues....The case is brand new and I can't believe DS would put this together, with all their testing, with any issues like that. 

Hope this helps.Big%20Smile
Avelict View Drop Down

Quote Avelict Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 12:14am
With a level 3 Aventum, you could probably run BF3 Ultra setting on 6 monitors and still get over 60 fps.

The cooling on the Aventum is redonkulous, what the case does is split the computer interior into zones, and dedicates different cooling segments to the zones, and will auto-adjust it's OWN cooling to match the interior heat.
 Post Reply Post Reply