FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ARMA 3 on Vanquish Lvl 4

Post Date: 2014-07-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Villainy Thrives View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Villainy Thrives Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: ARMA 3 on Vanquish Lvl 4
    Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 10:23am
Hello everyone, recently I have bought ARMA 3. The game default sets my options all on ultra, and runs kinda sluggish in campaign so I dropped it all to high and it runs at a smooth 60 fps(v sync enabled) in campaign/single player. Now, when I get on multiplayer it drops to half of that, anywhere from 20-50. The cities is where it gets really rough. I know this game is not optimized the best, but I would figure I'd at least somehow be able to run this with at least 50-60 frames. Any tips is appreciated.

My specs;

i5 4670k OC'd

GTX 770 2gb

8gb ram.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 11:05am
Here's an article that might help.   I haven't played Arma3 so not familiar with the in game settings.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/10/02/arma_iii_video_card_performance_iq_review/1#.U8wD8LFUfHY

Distance rendering seems to be a huge  hog of resources, and might help if it was lowered.   Editor's Thoughts in the end, after Conclusion,  sum up the demands this game places even on the Titan.  

Hope this helps a bit.  Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 20 Jul 2014 at 11:07am
nskojo View Drop Down

Quote nskojo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 10:46am
I play Arma 3 all the time, it is brutal on computers. Like bprat stated the distance rendering to me is the best way to keep the graphic level you want while ensuring the FPS stay at a reasonable level.

Hit me up on steam anytime, always looking for new guys to play w/ (mostly a Wasteland/KoH player)
 Post Reply Post Reply