FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

6 month review

Post Date: 2012-02-25

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
m3nt0s View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote m3nt0s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 6 month review
    Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 5:26pm
I've had my machine up and running for over 6 months at this point. I can take any game, task, application - anything, and this machine handles it at blistering speeds with settings cranked to max, without exception. It's been a fantastic ownership experience, mostly because I know the forums are here if I need, and support is just a phone call away.

There's not a whole lot to say, mostly because everything is running 100% perfectly. There's no drama with this machine, no headaches, no problems of any sort. Last year I had the unfortunate opportunity to dispose of many machines built by big companies with no regard for building a quality machine and even less regard for supporting the garbage they sell. The Digital Storm experience has left me feeling like I should have called up and ordered a machine years ago. And the fact is, I really should have.

If you have high expectations for a custom computer and you don't want to settle for less than A+, then all you have to do to get started is click "products" at the top of the page and begin configuring the computer you want. If it sounds like a sales pitch, that's because it is. My computer and experience has been so phenomenal that I recommend these guys to anyone who says "I'm thinking about getting a new computer", and once you buy your machine here, I'm certain you will too.
Ordered 8/1/11 / 800D / 2600K / EVGA GTX 590 / 16GB DDR3 / Sabertooth P67 / 1000W PSU / 1TB WD Caviar (OS) / 2TB WD Caviar (Media) / PCI 802.11n (Bad Dog) / Max Noise Suppression / Max Warranty
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 6:20pm
I absolutely love update reviews, I think they are extremely important, so thanks, and more importantly congratsAwesome

Here is m3nt0s' rig for the curious: http://www.digitalstormonline.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=15526&KW=

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 6:39pm
Congrats on 6 month anniversary.     In 6 months from now you'll probably just have to ditto this.       Tidgxor....thanks for the link...saved me hunting and pecking.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 6:20pm

Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to post your review. It would be great if you could add some photos of your setup? Big%20Smile

Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 6:54pm
I guess photos would prove whether or not an earthquake destroyed it Big%20Smile
m3nt0s View Drop Down

Quote m3nt0s Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 4:52am
Well, the only thing that's changed about the whole rig at this point is the mouse pad - literally (XFX Warpad). Otherwise, the rig and even the room look the same as they did in August:

I can take some new pictures, but it will have to be this weekend. Stuck doing an online Linux+ training class all week and I don't think I'll have time to clean up for proper pics until then :)

Ordered 8/1/11 / 800D / 2600K / EVGA GTX 590 / 16GB DDR3 / Sabertooth P67 / 1000W PSU / 1TB WD Caviar (OS) / 2TB WD Caviar (Media) / PCI 802.11n (Bad Dog) / Max Noise Suppression / Max Warranty
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 9:34am
Ah Linux+

I remember going for that certification, I didn't get the first time LOL

I'm sure you'll do better than me, I was never a very exemplary student Big%20Smile
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 10:31am
Awesome, I'll let the team know to move your thread, they've been very busy with a new product launch so they haven't had time lately.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 11:20am
If DS keeps growing you are really going to have to hire someone to deal with the forums Alex Big%20Smile
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 12:09pm

Yes. Strong

Post Reply Post Reply