FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

4K ready 5000 doller PC with Moniter

Post Date: 2015-03-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Will1982 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Will1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 4K ready 5000 doller PC with Moniter
    Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 12:27pm
Budget
$5,00O LIMIT. INCLUDES 4K monitor, mouse, speakers, display port cable,WI-FI, PC Needs to be 4K ready!

Expectations:
[Hardcore gaming and light office work. Printing..I also want to play GTA 5 & The Witcher 3 on max settings ]

Usage:
[Manily used for playing games and storing movies.]

Special Needs:
[I need a nice WI-FI modem and a 5 foot Display port cable ]

Saved Ticket #: [yes]

Specifications:
[unknown]
XtraHelp47 View Drop Down

Quote XtraHelp47 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 3:40pm
Ok, here's a good build for you (:
htt ps://ww w.digitalstor monline.com/configurator.asp?id=117 1978

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Hailstorm II Edition
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0 GHz (Codename Devils Canyon) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z97 (Intel Z97 Chipset) (Onboard Creative Sound)
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 1866MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro (High-Performance)
Power Supply: 850W EVGA SuperNOVA
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (250GB Samsung 850 EVO)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (1TB Western Digital - Black Edition)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: Wireless PCI-E ASUS PCE-N53 (Dual Band Performance) (Supports 802.11n/g/b)
Graphics Card(s): !PROMO: 1x AMD Radeon R9 295X2 8GB (Requires 800W+ Power Supply)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux Level 1: Digital Storm Exotic Custom Cooling System (CPU Only)
H20 Tube Color:Red Tubing with High-Performance Fluid (UV Lighting Reactive)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled LED Lighting System (Multiple color options and lighting effects)
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package Stage 2 (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds with Noise Dampening Material)
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz
Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows CD)
Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 Value)
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: Logitech 2 Piece (Black Edition) Amplified Speaker Set
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Mechanical Gaming Keyboard) (Black/Metal Finish)
Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 (Laser 8200 dpi) (MMO and RTS Gaming Mouse) (USB Wired)
Portable Gaming: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

It costs about $3800 including everything except the monitor and cable(which should come with the monitor). It has an awesome processor for basically anything and the graphics card is good for 4K. You may want to choose a different hard drive if 1TB isn't enough(plus 250GB for your OS and files).
In terms of a monitor, I'd look at the Samsung U28D590D, which looks great and has a very nice design as well. For about $500, the total cost of the system is $4300 before tax, and you get a quiet beast because of the noise reducing material selected which also is very capable.
michaeljhuman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote michaeljhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 1:57pm
In some cases a 980 SLI setup may be faster than the 295X2, but I did not have time to look at all the benchmarks.

I am mostly pleased with my 980 SLI setup, using ASUS Strix due to how much I could overclock it, and how cool it seems to be running. I am having issues with SLI and Far Cry 3, which seems to be not unique to me ( it worked with a 780 SLI setup with my older PC.)

I prefer 500+ GB for the system drive. That way, you can install some games there, and plenty of data like photos and not worry too much about room. I was over 50% full with a 250 GB SSD on old PC, so went with 512 GB on new PC. 250 GB will work, so this is somewhat a matter of preference and if you want to save time not worrying about space management on system drive. I went with 850 Pro 512 GB given the total system price for my system which is comparable to yours (5000.)

Personally, I would not pay for stage 1 cooling. A closed loop cooler works very well for me, and allowed overclocking to 4.4 Ghz with a voltage bump. The Hydrolux is perhaps a better cooling solution though, if you don't mind some possible extra hassle with a custom loop. Even a big air cooler can do quite well it seems, these days.

Good CPU choice for gaming, if you only need the 4 cores. If you think you will want more cores in the future, then a 5820 seems like a good idea ( which would need a different mobo and DDR4 RAM.) For your budget, a 5820 might be possible, but hardly necessary.

"The other day, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. What an elephant was doing in my pajamas, I will never know"
XtraHelp47 View Drop Down

Quote XtraHelp47 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 3:11pm
The 980 SLI does cost about $1100 while the 295X2 costs about $650 however, which IMO isn't worth it for a slight increase. The points about storage are true. It's really up to you. Photos and movies work great on a 7200rpm hard drive so it's really about storing games on the SSD. If you're considering a 5K budget, the 5820K could be fit in because my suggested build has $1200 leftover. It's totally unnecessary for gaming only though, and if you're not going to overclock, just skip extra cooling as well. The higher-end cards might work better with a processor OC though.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 3:17pm
Hi Will1982,

Here is a build that will meet your requirements.

1. I suggest two 980 GPUs rather than the 295X2. The 295X2 uses a lot of power. The 295X2 is a complicated card using both air and liquid cooling with two GPUs on a single card frame. If one half of the care fails you will have to buy another 295X2 card. With two 980s if one card fails you just replace the card that failed. The GPUs on the 295X2 and the 980 GPU have the same amount of Vram.

2. The Velox case is a better choice for air cooled GPUs.

3. I used the Corsair H110i GT - 280mm closed loop CPU cooler and saved you $500 on the custom cooler. This is all the cooling you need with your system and there is no maintenance.

4. I included a 256Gb 850 Pro SSD. The Pro is a better choice than the EVO and is only $48 more.

5. I included the Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software. The Velox case has a lot of fans and you will be able to control the fan speeds for speed/noise.

Frank

Configuration Code: 1172423 Cost: $3891

Specifications:

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Digital Storm Velox
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0 GHz (Codename Devils Canyon) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK2 (Intel Z97 Chipset) (Military-Grade TUF Components)
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 1866MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 850W EVGA SuperNOVA
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (256GB Samsung 850 PRO)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (1TB Western Digital - Black Edition)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB (ASUS Strix Edition)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H110i GT - 280mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler (Backordered ETA Mid April)
Chassis Fans: Upgrade All Fans to Corsair Airflow Performance Edition (Up to 6 Fans)
Internal Lighting: - No Thanks
Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz
Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows CD)
Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 Value)
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Portable Gaming: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

Edited by FrankW - 01 Apr 2015 at 3:19pm
Clay View Drop Down

Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 7:56pm
Dual 980's rock for me so far...
I7 13700KF 5.4hz
ASUS Prime z790 MoBo
ASUS Dual 4070
32g ram@5200
850 Gold PSU
1TB SSD 2TB SSD
27" ASUS Monitor 144hz
Razer Ornata Chroma Keyboard
Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse
Nari Ultimate Headset
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 8:07am
Hi Will1982,

I forgot to mention the WiFi adapter card. Rather than getting a 802.11N/G/B card I would buy a new 802.11AC router and then get a 802.11AC card for your computer. The new dual band AC WiFi routers are much fast than the N class routers. If you have other N/G/B equipment the 802.11AC routers are backward compatible with N/G/B equipment. You just won't get the AC speed and long range. You will never get the speeds that any 802.11AC is rated for but that is true of the N routers also. You can expect to triple the speed of the 802.11AC router over the 802.11N router. This speed is between the router/computer/device and not your online speed.

Frank

Edited by FrankW - 02 Apr 2015 at 8:08am
Will1982 View Drop Down

Quote Will1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 8:47am
I ordered the Apollo ..
4790K 4.4 overclock
250 SSD For OC
1TB for storage
16 GBs 1600Magzs RAM
X97 motherboard with creative onboard sound
1x Titan X GPU
Stage 2 noise canceling
Consair 100i 240 mm cooling
I think this build is great for gaming.. I need to get 2450x1440 resolution display monitor
michaeljhuman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote michaeljhuman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 10:25am
Titan is not a bad choice. Note that 4k ready is a bit of a stretch even for Titan X SLI in some games. Not sure what the bottleneck is, but right now, it seems like settings might need to be lowered for 4k in some games with any reasonable system ( reasonable being rather ambiguous, but talking 2-way SLI or high end single car being reasonable, and 4-way Titan X being not too reasonable for most :)

"The other day, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. What an elephant was doing in my pajamas, I will never know"
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 10:33am
Titan will work great for the 2560 resolution. I assume that Will1982 changed his mind about 4K.

Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply