Post Date: 2009-07-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Zardoz8719 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Yes, No, and Maybe
    Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 9:27am

We all like reading the reviews...seeing the pics...and experiencing (along with the new owner) the excitement of delivery/un-boxing day.  And, that's great...wouldn't change a thing...

But, I got to wondering...although there are many (unique) individual things that bring each of us to the point of choosing (pulling-the-trigger and purchasing) a DSO machine...there are also many similarities. 

If asked to look back on your experience...what was it you liked (found most helpful)...disliked (confusing/hard to find)....or would add/change if given the chance?

Although my new machine doesn't show up for another week...these are some of my observations:  Under "Yes": The forum and it's consistent, considerate, available membership was an integral part of my decision to purchase a DS machine.  It was part of the one-two punch (along with DS's service/warranty and BBB rating) that helped me feel comfortable owning a complicated machine and knowing I had options for getting help.  Under "NO": I really don't have any adamant "NO's"...a couple of "Maybe's"...but, no real, can't stand it...deal breakers or reasons to wander away and not look back.  Under "Maybe"...One thing would be my love-hate relationship with all the wonderful/helpful/pertinent information/views/first-hand observations the forum has to offer.  For all the wealth of knowledge within it...I have trouble RE-finding something I read/want to keep.  Sure, I print out individual posts, quotes, and scribble on slips of paper trying to keep up/stay organized...but, like many OLD/NEW forum members...I find myself asking/looking for the same things over again--be it graphics-card charts...or some (nice) members helpful pics on the difference between DUAL/DOUBLE rads etc...  Personally, I've advocated a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section...but, I seem to be beating a solo drum. 

Under another post, "Getting Organized"...I started asking about different things (software) I (might) need to have/get when my new machine arrives...   I got to wondering if all our efforts to help a customer purchase...wer're equally adequate for the day he gets his machine and the weeks to follow?   Case(s) in point...transfering info/data from "old" machine to "new"...going from 32bit to 64bit...security software...Blu Ray software...adjusting fans to "auto"...maybe, even cautions against messing with the "Bios"...or (something I recently got to wondering about... overloading my electrical outlet with my new/more powerful rig and it's 1000w PSU? What are the things a new owner needs to know...and wouldn't it be nice if their concerns were listed/answered in one place. Disapprove

Post Reply Post Reply