FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

x17e Laptop

Post Date: 2012-04-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GNichols View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote GNichols Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: x17e Laptop
    Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 9:04am
     I placed my origanl order on the 8th of February received a call on the 9th saying I would have to wait until mid March, then nothing....... I look daily on the site and then found that it would be mid April and now as Mid april approaches I was wondering if everything was tracking for a delivery date of mid April???  Or am I due for another miserable let down. Cry Cry Cry
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 9:13am
here's a thread that talks of the hardware updates.   http://www.digitalstormonline.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=17280&PN=2
The laptops have been going through a manuf. update as I understand it and only the last couple of weeks have they been available.  The laptop page does show eta for certain models as April 20th.

I would call DS for the  latest.

Edited by bprat22 - 13 Apr 2012 at 9:14am
GNichols View Drop Down

Quote GNichols Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 9:18am
     Thx for the heads up.  I know they want to deliver the best available product for the customer,  I've just been pulling my hair out waiting.  As the mid April ETA closes I am getting even more restless.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 10:24am
Don't worry, you'll have your laptop soon. Big%20Smile
GNichols View Drop Down

Quote GNichols Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 10:16am
@Alex

Ok?  Can you give me a better than "Soon" or why there has been a huge delay on the laptop.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 10:24am
I just checked with the team, the X17E which is based on the Clevo P270WM is still being finalized by Clevo. They are still finishing up some last minute updates to the unit. They have just stated the time-frame is middle to end of May (we'll be updating our customers and the website soon).

I am very sorry for the take this has taken, the delay is really out of our control, yet, you are our valued customer, we're doing to best to get the X17E units shipped as quickly as possible.

Feel free to contact me directly in regards to this: [email protected]

If you are in an urgent need of a laptop, we're more than happy to offer you any of our other models that are in stock?

Edited by Alex - 23 Apr 2012 at 10:30am
GNichols View Drop Down

Quote GNichols Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:08am
OMG...seriously mid JUNE now?   Can I get a DS rep to come to South Carolina and kick me in the testicles really hard.  $3500.00 should cover first class air fare and a nice hotel in the area. 

Upset
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 May 2012 at 2:41pm

It sucks, I know, here's our official response that was sent to customers:

Clevo, the manufacture of the chassis for the x17E model that you are currently waiting for has informed all system builders that there may be an additional delay for this model. Please accept our sincerely apologies for this situation, the Digital Storm team had no idea or clue that this model would cause such a huge delay. The x17E unit is based on the desktop X79 platform, and this unit is not going to be available anywhere for quite some time. We’re going to be removing this unit from our website by the end of Friday.

We do value your business and we’re positive that you would love our laptop offerings such as our latest x17 model which features Intel’s new Ivy Bridge platform. The new Ivy Bridge 3rd generation CPUs are the fastest mobile CPUs released by Intel and consume less power giving longer battery life. We’re more than happy to offer you a $50 discount as well if you would like to change to a x17 unit. In addition, you’ll be able to use your funds to purchase even better specifications in storage and memory upgrades at a less overall price than the X17E.

Post Reply Post Reply