Why you need to choose DigitalStorm

Post Date: 2007-10-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  <12345 8>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JCooley View Drop Down
  Quote JCooley Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2007 at 12:23pm
I placed my order on the fourteenth of October, and I did recieve a message telling me that they have processed my order.  But since then, nothing...My order seems to be stuck in the "pre-inventory" phase..  I have read alot of these great reviews on here (especially concerning their customer service policies), and i am wondering if anyone else has run into this delay, or the silence surrounding it.. It is a high-end system and I would have thought that I would be informed of any major delays or troubles.  I hope this isn't necessarily indicative of future service from Digital Storm.
Kelly View Drop Down
Digital Storm Customer Service

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2007 at 12:46pm
well you should give us your order number and one of us can look into it.  You can also call at anytime.
JCooley View Drop Down
  Quote JCooley Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2007 at 5:45pm

my order # is 5434

PLease let me know what's happening

Thanks

Kelly View Drop Down
Digital Storm Customer Service

Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2007 at 6:04pm
on the 17th we called you letting you know that you're order is in stage 1 :)
JCooley View Drop Down
  Quote JCooley Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2007 at 8:22pm
Thanx for the update.  You guys certainly are quick on the reply with these forums!!  I guess I should try to slightly follow protocol, and since this is a config-related thread.....here's my config:

System Configuration:
Case: Digital Storm Twister EXTREME (Black Anodized Aluminum Finish)
Power Supply: 1200W Thermaltake (8800 GTX SLI Compatible) (Silent
Toughpower Edition)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad QX6850 Extreme 3.00GHz (1333MHz FSB)
Motherboard: nVidia 680i Core 2 Quad (By: eVGA) (nForce 680i SLI) (A1
Revision)
Memory: 4GB DDR2 Corsair at 1066MHz Dominator (Dual Channel)
(Extreme-Performance)
Floppy / Media: Digital Media Card Reader (Black)
Hard Drive 1: 150GB Western Digital Raptor (10K RPM) (16MB Cache)
(SATA) (Extreme Speed)
Hard Drive 2: 250GB (Western Digital / Seagate) (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM)
(SATA)
Raid Option: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD-ROM/CD-ROM (DVD Reader 16x / CD Reader 40x)
Optical Drive 2: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 20x / CD-Writer 48x)
Network Card: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL
/ Network Connections)
Modem: - No Thanks
Video Card: 2x SLI Dual (nVidia GeForce 8800ULTRA 768MB (By: eVGA /
Asus) (PCI-Express)
TV Tuner: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer (Up to 7.1
Channel) (Recommended)
Physics Card: - No Thanks
Cooling: Liquid Chilled CPU & Video Cards (TwisterBoost Overclocked)
(Phantom Black Liquid)
Case Lighting: Blizzard Internal Lighting (White Edition) (Cold Cathode
Tubes)
Round Cables: Enhanced Interior Air Flow (Optical Drive & Floppy Cables
(Black Edition)
User Manual: Personalized Platinum Digital Storm Binder (Includes
Paperwork/Benchmarks/CDs/Manuals)
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-Bit Edition) (For
Enthusiasts)
Restore Kit: Digital Storm Specialized Recovery System (DVD Image
Based)
Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
LCD Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: Logitech Bluetooth MX5000 (MX 5000 Keyboard + MX 1000 Laser
Mouse)
Mouse: - No Thanks my keyboard comes with a mouse
Warranty: 3 Year Platinum Care Extended Parts & Labor Warranty
Support: Lifetime Toll-Free Platinum Care Technical Support
questions...comments..?..
Thanks again DSO (Kelly), And I can't hardly stand the wait!!

Bigdog View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Bigdog Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2007 at 8:36pm
heh, mine is still in stage #1 but that is good, because I know they are taking there time and it will be good.  I would have started to wonder if it was done within 2 weeks, thinking eeeeee mabey the wiring or something will go wrong.  Good things come to those that are patient I always say. 
  This also gives me time to heal up my back and put my desk together. :)
Processor: QX6850 (3.3Ghz)
RAM: 4GB 1066 Dominators
Graphics: 2x 8800GTX 768MB
Sound Card: Fatal1ty
HDD 1: 2x 150GB raptor (RAID 0)
HDD 2: 1x 150GB raptor
HDD 3: 320GB western
Liquid cooling (red)
JCooley View Drop Down
  Quote JCooley Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Oct 2007 at 4:34pm
Yah! Words to live by...   A little patience goes a long way.  Just slapping together a nice gaming system is probably not a good itdea...  I got an email from DSO informing me that they are experiencing a large volume of new orders.. this I see as a GOOD SIGN..  word must be getting 'round.. There r so many sweet new games coming out right now, I'll probably get busy rounding some of those up while I'm waiting..

Minion View Drop Down

Quote Minion Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Oct 2007 at 6:04pm
JCooley that is quite a set-up you have being built.
xTgCxBUNKERKING View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote xTgCxBUNKERKING Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Oct 2007 at 9:03pm
yeah nice setup manThumbs%20Up
Anything Worth Fighting For Is Worth Fighitng Dirty For
Bigdog View Drop Down

Quote Bigdog Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Oct 2007 at 3:01am

Confused I just went into voodooPC, for an insane system, after I gutted a lot of useless crap out to lower the cost, MY GOD! there computers are so overly priced, I swear they are on some kind of dope.  I noticed something though, did they make a motherboard with intel?

After I noticed this, one thing came to mind "DigitalStorm Intel SLI motherboard".  Have you guys every thought about making your own cases?  anyways, this was the first place I went through, I am so glade I didn't go through with this company.  I mean seriously, for pete sakes, $10k for the same exact thing I got here.  I must be missing something or they are like $6,000 overpriced when compared to DSO.

or better yet, DigitalStorm + nVidia motherboard LOL

I don't mean to bash on another company but there "sayings" for when trying to sell something is "estupido"  "your system will perform better then any other machine, even if the other machine uses all the same parts".  I mean seriously now, come on.  Sorry I have to vent, as I am in a crabby mood right now and am just rev'n up hardcore.  How the Censored can another machine that uses the same of everything they use possibly perform crappier?   Do people actually fall for that "crump".Angry

Edited by Bigdog - 31 Oct 2007 at 3:17am
Processor: QX6850 (3.3Ghz)
RAM: 4GB 1066 Dominators
Graphics: 2x 8800GTX 768MB
Sound Card: Fatal1ty
HDD 1: 2x 150GB raptor (RAID 0)
HDD 2: 1x 150GB raptor
HDD 3: 320GB western
Liquid cooling (red)
Monstromo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Monstromo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Oct 2007 at 4:58am
I noticed the same thing when I visited Voodo. I was really high on them and was actually considering buying one of those nearly 10K beasts. Then, I started to really look around, because I just felt like something just wasn't right about the cost when I compared the components with newegg.com prices. So I looked at Velocity, ibuypwer, cyber and a few others. I found a world of hurt out there. The junk in was being pushed by these sites other than Voodo. Lots of AMD based models with garish cases. The websites were really hard to navigate and they had so many crummy systems with crap based builds. For a while I thought that I had no choice but to go with Dell. I was thinking maybe HP but I hate their machines historiclally as much as I hated their buddy Compact. Gateway was just another Dell. I tried to configure a Dell too and found that it was overpriced for good components and they kept pushing things that could not be upgraded. Further, I just loathe Dell ccustomer service (the only reason for cost reduction).

Then, I found some articles on Digital Storm. I was shocked. No garish cases, well maybe one, the Twister lite. But even that wasn't too bad. And the components: top quality choices with no garabage being pushed first.

And no teaser financing and no teaser models. DS is selling quality machines at reasonable prices.

And turnaround time, check out the time it takes these other companies to give you a true custom build right now. You will pay and arm and a leg and it won't ship until December. No kidding.

So why choose Digital Storm Online? Quality, value and exceptional customer service. And no crap being pushed on the unsuspecting and unknowledgeable customer. You should see the terrible video cards they are bundling with builds they call high end gaming machines at these places it is almost criminal to lead some parent, kid or person to plunk down $1200 to $1400 for machine that will hardly play anything except what can be found in the bargain bin.

I challenge anyone to find a better machine, better value and better service anywhere.
sundowner View Drop Down

Quote sundowner Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Oct 2007 at 6:03am

I think that all I can truly say is that if you're worried about good customer service then keep DSO in mind.

I was in a car accident this weekend and my insurance company is going to take 3-4 weeks to get me the money for the repairs for my car. But the shop where my car is being fixed won't release my car until I pay the bill and as my credit card is at a 20% interest rate I'd rather not use it.

Originally I received my order in late September but had to send it right back due to a faulty hardrive, and then received it again just about a week and a half ago DSO is still letting me return it without charging the 15% restocking fee and I'm only out for the cost of shipping. Which is the best possible outcome for the predicament I'm in since a car to get to work is more important than gaming.

I'm positive that as soon as I get my funds in order I will be placing another order based on the customer service I received and how amazing the PC I'm returning is.

Thank you DSO...

(PS- this might not make sense since i've been awake for 15 hours and I'm at work Tongue)

Edited by sundowner - 31 Oct 2007 at 6:03am
Pro case with extra fan
Quad Q6600 2.4 OC'd 3.1!
Nvidia 8800GT
Asus Maximus Formula Mobo
2xgb 800mhz corsair

xfire - xuntiltheendx
Tyler Lowe View Drop Down

Quote Tyler Lowe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Oct 2007 at 10:34am
You need to pick DSO, because they never make their entry and midrange customer *feel* like entry level or midrange customers. The system I ordered is by no means "highend" for a custom built machine. Never once did I feel like I, or my business didn't matter.

I don't know how many reading this are accustomed to being blown off or followed around like a suspected thief in a brick and morter store. I'm sure others that get dirty, or have to sweat a bit at work can relate. The point I'm making, is you can get used to being treated poorly by businesses, for whatever reason. It was a nice change of pace to be treated with attentive professionalism, and respect.

In a world where everyone jumps on the price bandwagon in an attempt to get your business with claims of offering the lowest price and beating any competitor (how can a dozen businesses or more all selling the same items *all* have the "lowest price"?), it's nice to deal with a company that keeps the price in the same competitive area as the shops that focus only on price, yet makes it's focus on quality, and on the customer.

I may not have spent a fortune on my system, but DSO made me feel like I had. Every question I had was expertly answered. Every change or issue allong the way was adressed with professionalism and courtesy. As for value, having priced out what I bought from Digital Storm with other shops that offer similar levels of build quality, I sleep well knowing that I paid 20% less than the next closest competition for my configuration.

You only need to go with this company if you want to be treated well, recieve a top quality product, and don't want to overpay for your system. For people that don't care about these things, the internet is filled with alternatives.
ed1371 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ed1371 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Oct 2007 at 11:54pm
Why should you chose Digital Storm... I asked myself that question many times over when it was time for me to get a new computer. Having built systems for 10 years now, I have (IMO) a good knowledge of what it takes to put together a good computer. I started looking around at "boutique" builders because my last build was a tough one and started seeing prices from companies comparable to do it yourself prices.

I looked around at just about all of them. DS caught my attention firstly with their prices, but then quickly saw their true strong points... quality and service. Their service alone is simply put, the best I have ever seen. Whether you are calling (and talking to a real person), emailing, or posting on their forums... it shows a level of service that just isn't there with ANY other company.

How often do you know BY NAME the employees that work for a company in this industry? Its unheard of. I honestly don't know how they do it... for a computer company that has a such a broad national customer base to provide a level of personal service like you lived in a small town... amazing

They obviously take great pride in their work. Its seen in every PC they ship out. A customer mentioned that the wiring in his wasn't hidden as well as he thought it would be and posted pics... DS responded by having it sent back to "do it right".

In such a hard industry to please everyone because of so many variables that come with computers, DS does something that almost seems impossible and aims to please EVERY one of their customers... and they do one hell of a job with it.

I was made a believer... and now a lot of my friends just like myself, are looking at getting a DS system now... if a "boutique" builder can convert a jaded old geek like me, you will be in good hands.

Silverstone TJ-10
INTEL 4790K
16 gigs ddr3
ssd and such
liquid cooled cpu
780 ti GPU
Bailout62293 View Drop Down

Quote Bailout62293 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Nov 2007 at 10:32pm
I am looking to buy a DS gaming rig and I have a two questions.

do I need a 1000 watt power supply if I want to have SLI ultras?
what is better to get vista 32 bit or vista 64 bit?

skyR View Drop Down
Digital Storm Apprentice

Quote skyR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Nov 2007 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Bailout62293

I am looking to buy a DS gaming rig and I have a two questions.

do I need a 1000 watt power supply if I want to have SLI ultras?
what is better to get vista 32 bit or vista 64 bit?

No, you do not need a 1000W PSU to run SLI ultras. Depending on the rest of your setup, the minimum is 500W and the recommended is 750W.

32 bit vs 64 bit is matter of opinion.
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.
slaphappy View Drop Down

Quote slaphappy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2007 at 2:30am
 I fought my dee eee double toothpicks 710 for several months from drivers to video cards and everything in between, including an upgrade to the 720 atx motherboard from a btx ( enthusiast user upgradability indeed !! ). I was ready for a change when I came across a link for gaming computers in a nvidia newsletter and clicked on it. There were links to several builders and I went on each to see what I could configure.
   All were either overpriced or didn't offer all the options I was looking for. I finally came to Digital Storm and they had all the options I was looking for and at a cheaper price than the others . Plus a three year warranty that I didn't have to pay out of the nose for, and a purty paint job to boot.
  I then clicked on the community link and read what others were saying about their computers. I was astounded to see people that worked for the company actually talking to customers and solving their problems on the forums ( what a concept )
 Needless to say, I ordered one before the day was out. Then I got a call from digital storm ( uh oh, whats the problem ), but it was just a call to say they recieved my order and asked if I had any questions .
  Now instead of that other company, I now recommend Digital Storm to anybody who asks ( actually to anyone who doesn't ask too ).
                                                                                            signed
                                                                                         customer for life

Case: Digital Storm Twister EXTREME (Exotic Blue StormPaint Finish)
Power Supply: 1000W Thermaltake (8800 GTX SLI Compatible) (Silent Toughpower Edition)
Motherboard: nVidia 680i Core 2 Quad (By: eVGA) (nForce 680i SLI) (A1 Revision)
Memory: 4GB DDR2 Corsair at 1066MHz Dominator (Dual Channel) (Extreme-Performance)
Floppy / Media: Digital Media Card Reader (Black)
Hard Drive 1: 500GB (Western Digital / Seagate) (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Hard Drive 2: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 2: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 20x / CD-Writer 48x)
Network Card: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 2x SLI Dual (nVidia GeForce 8800ULTRA 768MB (By: eVGA / Asus) (PCI-Express)
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer (Up to 7.1 Channel) (Recommended)
Cooling: Liquid Chilled CPU & Video Cards (TwisterBoost Overclocked) (Blood Red Liquid)
Case Lighting: Blizzard Internal Lighting (Blue Edition) (Cold Cathode Tubes)
Round Cables: Enhanced Interior Air Flow (Optical Drive & Floppy Cables (Blue Edition)
User Manual: Personalized Platinum Digital Storm Binder (Includes Paperwork/Benchmarks/CDs/Manuals)
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-Bit Edition) (For Enthusiasts)
Restore Kit: Digital Storm Specialized Recovery System (DVD Image Based)
Protection: - No Thanks
LCD Display: - No Thanks
Speakers: Logitech 5.1 System (Black Edition) (Model X540) (Includes Subwoofer)
Keyboard: Microsoft Multimedia Desktop 2.0 (Multimedia Keyboard + Optical Wheel Mouse)

Edited by slaphappy - 03 Nov 2007 at 2:47am

Quote Bailout62293 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2007 at 9:47am
Thanks manSmile

Quote Bailout62293 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 3:39pm
I am thinking of buying a DS rig. Here are the specs, What do you guys think?

Copy of Specifications:
Case: Digital Storm Twister PRO (Black Anodized Aluminum Finish)
Power Supply: 850W Thermaltake (8800 GTX SLI Compatible) (Silent Toughpower Edition)
Motherboard: nVidia 680i Core 2 Quad (By: eVGA) (nForce 680i SLI) (A1 Revision)
Memory: 4GB DDR2 Corsair at 1066MHz Dominator (Dual Channel) (Extreme-Performance)
Floppy / Media: - No Thanks
Hard Drive 1: 500GB (Western Digital / Seagate) (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Hard Drive 2: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Network Card: D-Link Wireless-G 54Mbps (Supports 802.11g/b)
Video Card: 2x SLI Dual (nVidia GeForce 8800ULTRA 768MB (By: eVGA / Asus) (PCI-Express)
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer (Up to 7.1 Channel) (Recommended)
Cooling: Air Cooled Stage 3 (Silent Artic Cooling (TwisterBoost Overclocked)
Case Lighting: Blizzard Internal Lighting (Blue Edition) (Cold Cathode Tubes)
Round Cables: - No Thanks
User Manual: Personalized Platinum Digital Storm Binder (Includes Paperwork/Benchmarks/CDs/Manuals)
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
Restore Kit: Digital Storm Specialized Recovery System (DVD Image Based)
Protection: McAfee Internet Security (Includes: AntiVirus, FireWall and AntiSpyware)
LCD Display: Samsung 20 inch (Widescreen) (Black) (High-Performance Gaming Display)
Speakers: Logitech 2.1 System (Black Edition) (Model R20) (Includes Subwoofer)
Keyboard: Microsoft Multimedia Desktop 2.0 (Multimedia Keyboard + Optical Wheel Mouse)
skyR View Drop Down
Digital Storm Apprentice

Quote skyR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 3:51pm
Make another thread about your config.
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.
OlBull View Drop Down

Quote OlBull Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 5:54pm
My computer is in Stage 1, and I can't wait!

Everyone at DS has been so helpfull and nice, I would recommend DS just for that alone.  When you add an outstanding product, you just can't beat DS.  Even with the additional cost to ship it to Alaska.

Don't think twice, go DS.  Tongue
mrosinack View Drop Down

Quote mrosinack Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2007 at 2:39pm
Agreed 100% - I am in Stage 1 as well, and went with a build that was tweaked based on same great advice from Alex and others that frequent these boards.  Being local, they are even letting me come down to pick it up (which gets it in my hands even faster, and doesn't give UPS a chance to give it few wacks before dropping it on my doorstep).  Oh, and poor Dave has tolerated my constant (nub) questions with great patience, even after I made the order - thanks Dave Clap!

The experience has been really great so far, and I have been singing DS' praises to everyone that will listen.  To be honest, I don't expect that to change!
Daddy needs a new computer...
Cr8ton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Cr8ton Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2007 at 12:15pm
i'm currently i'n stage 1 and I can say up front to anyone that for customer service I reccomend DS whole heartedly. They are a great group of guys with high standards. No one is perfect but if DS has an unsatisfied customer, you can feel safe to know that they WILL fix it. I respect that greatly and see DS as becoming the next big custom rig company out there if they keep it up. Im in stage 1 and I have an ultimate faith in my rig.. if something goes wrong, my faith will still be in their customer service and satisfaction =]

2 Thumbs up to DS
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 3.15 GHz
MB: nVidia 680i Core 2 Quad(A1 revision)
Memory: 2GB DDR2 Corsair at 1333MHz Dominator
Video: nVidia GeForce ULTRA 768MB
Sound: X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
OlBull View Drop Down

Quote OlBull Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2007 at 2:29pm
I just received notice my DS system was picked up by DHL at close of business last night.  When I take into consideration that 2 holidays were between the time my order was confirmed and shipped, 12 work days was the time it took DS to complete my order.  Not bad eh??

Now why DHL needed to ship my system from Cali. and then to OH bogles my mind, seeing as I live in Alaska?  Called DHL and they confirmed the system was really being sent to AK, not AL.  LOL  We'll see, as it's due to arrive tomorrow.

Can't wait, just like a kid with new toy, rather than an old dude with a new toy. 

Thanks DS....................and now you folks that haven't ordered your DS system know why you should choose DS!!!

Super Dave

Tongue
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2007 at 2:56pm
You lucky dog, bull!

They are rebuilding mine again.

At least they have been helpful to me over the phone and Alex promply answers every private message I send him with quality answers.

Keep us posted bull.  I want to know how it works.
Nomad View Drop Down

Quote Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2007 at 6:07pm
Well guys my DS rig has been picked up by UPS I guess and now it's estimated arrival time is 11/29/07 (Thursday) so I'm way excited haha

My experience with DS has been great! I guess they didn't encounter any problems with it because I ordered only like 2 weeks ago. I received updates by email about what stage my computer was in and got to talk to the engineers and stuff about the computer and any questions I had. It really made me feel like I was ordering a computer from real people that cared about sending out a quality product.

Anyway, like I said, my computer is scheduled to arrive on Thursday so I'll give you my impressions once I get it.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz
2GB DDR2 Corsair at 800MHz XMS2
320GB Western Digital
nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB
Windows Vista Home Premium
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2007 at 7:21pm
I hate you, Nomad! j/k

Anyway, let us know how it looks upon arrival and give us some updates on how it preforms!

Grats!
OlBull View Drop Down

Quote OlBull Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2007 at 7:32pm
Down boy, down big fella.  Sit and wait.   LOL 

Super Dave
juggernaut View Drop Down

Quote juggernaut Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2007 at 7:36pm
My system shipped today too, although my tracking number doesn't seem to be working yet. My system, like Nomad's, I think, is relatively straight forward, which probably contributed to the decent turn around. I ordered the system on a Sunday, two weeks ago, so basically 10 working days ago.

Hopefully once the tracking number updates I can see when it'll make the cross state trip (San Jose to Orange County). I'll post the review of my modest system (<$1500) when I get it!
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2007 at 7:39pm
Stop trying to tame me, bull!  lol

Grats, juggernaut!

Keep us posted!
OlBull View Drop Down

Quote OlBull Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2007 at 7:57pm
You'll think tame, if you take up my offer to go ride dirt bikes with me up here in Alaska.   All you gotta do is show up.................the rest is on me.  Big%20smile    Gotta ride a KTM however. 

Grats you to juggernaut.

Super Dave
Nomad View Drop Down

Quote Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2007 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Dog Lover

I hate you, Nomad! j/k

Anyway, let us know how it looks upon arrival and give us some updates on how it performs!

Grats!

Hahahaha
Yeah I understand man. It's gotta be tough to see other peoples' comps getting shipped while yours is being rebuilt. But try to remember that DS is doing it so that you have a flawless machine Wink

But yeah I'll definitely come back here and post about my experience i.e. The condition that the box is in after being shipped by UPS (I'm nervous cuz I've heard some horror stories about them hahaha), how the computer itself looks, and most importantly, how it runs Smile
320GB Western Digital
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2007 at 8:16pm
Hey, bull, don't threaten me about showing up on your door step, I just may one day!  I LOVE Alaska!

I did a 7 night cruise there about 5 years ago. It was by far the most beautiful place I have seen on this earth.   I went salmon fishing one day too.  Wow!

I want to go back again, fly in and just stay at a fish camp for a week, no cruise.  I was on the verge of booking a fishing trip for my Dad and I little over a year ago and then he up and croaked on me in August of 06.  Was hard on me.

Anyway, I really want to go back. Maybe next summer I will!  Tell you what, when I do, I will get with you and we can set something up! I would love to meet you.  Us "older gamers" are clearly a driven bunch! I must warn you. I have not owned a motorcycle in over 20 years.  I used to have them and dirt bikes growing up in Vermont.  But, when I moved to Florida, I got rid of my bike!  The traffic and drivers here is insanity!

Dude, seriously, I just may take you up!

Again, you toads getting your systems must give us other idiots an update! We are jones'n over here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha!
OlBull View Drop Down

Quote OlBull Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2007 at 9:35pm
Dl I'm NOT kidding, I'll treat you right!  Just keep in touch and I'll take you places that will rock your socks, and they are about 50 - 60 miles from my house.  You do have to share space with my English Bull Dog, Bruce.  I can't tame him either. LOL

Later Friend.  And I'll let you know all about the puter, when I get it.

Super dave
Nomad View Drop Down

Quote Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Nov 2007 at 11:50pm
Oh snap! My DS rig arrived today! I spent like 5 minutes just looking at it roflmao

Anyway, I am monitor-less right now so I haven't been able to test it out yet but once I get it running, I'll let you guys know =)
320GB Western Digital
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>