Why you need to choose DigitalStorm

Post Date: 2007-08-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  <1234 8>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2007 at 12:10am
Just order a pc from DS a few days ago and haven't got anything to complain about. It's rare to find that the sale rep actually know what he's talking about Shocked. Got an e-mail from DS that my pc is in stage 1, i also reply back with some minor requests Smile. Still waiting to see if i got any answer on that yet. Good job so far, DS.

Larry View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Aug 2007 at 3:13pm
I changed mine numerous times before I finally made up my mind and DS always answered promptly on the questions and concerns.  Not only did they answer quick I never got the feeling that they were put out or pushing me for a sale in any way.  It really has been a great experience.
DivaofDanger View Drop Down

Quote DivaofDanger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Aug 2007 at 8:47pm
Why I choose Digital Storm.

Having an experience falling into the category of horrifying a few years back purchasing a couple systems online with a couple different well known companies that I won't name here. (pm me for details) :P  Buying another system online was a nail biting experience for lack of better words.
I dug deep and did some heavy research before purchasing from Digital Storm.
I read fine prints, made a list of various questions for the different companies, made phone inquiries with different sales dept. as Larry did.
They all fell short with the exception of Digital Storm.

I can honestly say that the Digital Storm team as brought back the true meaning of customer satisfaction as it should be.
I feel comfortable enough to say that even if something does go wrong, that they will be there to help resolve whatever issue may arise.  Their tech support friendly, courteous, and very knowledgeable.  I can see them being my sole computer source for many years to come.  =)
Vjzzerdrjx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Vjzzerdrjx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 12:39am
Sorry, I didn't see this thread when I posted this in another forum area.

Ok, so today, Fri Aug 31st, I was supposed to receive a hard drive via UPS second day air.  Not only did UPS not get the package to me, they didn't process it at all.  I call Customer Service and speak with Kelly at 2:30pm Cali. time.  At 3:30pm I receive an email from DS stating that my package was on its way.  Next Day Air-Saturday Delivery.  Once again, Digital Storm makes sure that a problem is solved instantly, even when it isn't their fault. 

Velocity Micro is who I deal with at Best Buy as a Computer Salesman.  They don't even let you know when the CASE for your computer is on back order. When I first purchased my comp in mid '06, my cooling blocks for my video cards were on back order.  Not only did I receive an email the next day, John from Customer Service called me and personally apologized for the set-back.  Major Kudos for DS because when it comes to customer service, they nail it every time.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 12:57pm

We want to take care of our customers. Thank's for leaving the comment! Thumbs%20Up

commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2007 at 3:03am
Originally posted by Alex

We want to take care of our customers. Thank's for leaving the comment! Thumbs%20Up

can someone check on my request a few days ago about using the G0 stepping for my quadcore instead of the B3 stepping ?? My order is 5084
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Sep 2007 at 9:14pm
We will check. I made a note for one of the quality check guys to verify if your CPU has G0 or B3 stepping. I believe it will be G0 because we carry fresh stock constantly.

You will get a call within 1-2 business days.

Originally posted by commast

can someone check on my request a few days ago about using the G0 stepping for my quadcore instead of the B3 stepping ?? My order is 5084

commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Sep 2007 at 9:19pm
 Thank you Alex, you guy rocks !!!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Sep 2007 at 1:12am
Your most welcome! Cool
erommelus View Drop Down

Quote erommelus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2007 at 12:20am
Hey Alex, I dont know if you got my PM, but basically I have the same desire--I'd like a G0 Q6600 instead of the B3. Order #5042.

Thanks!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2007 at 2:36am
I have both of them down. As soon as testing completes, I can then swing in and check the stepping.
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2007 at 8:38am
Originally posted by erommelus

Hey Alex, I dont know if you got my PM, but basically I have the same desire--I'd like a G0 Q6600 instead of the B3. Order #5042.

Thanks!

I'd like to do the same thing, Alex. (Order 5143)  Can you check on mine too?Wink

Edited by EdH63 - 10 Sep 2007 at 8:39am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Sep 2007 at 11:37pm
Added to list. We are not guaranteeing if you will all get G0's, it's becoming problematic for us to take apart systems, swap processors, re-stock the B3, etc.

We are overclocking all of them to 3.1GHz if you have selected the Twister Boost option, where it be B3 or G0.
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 1:24am

Added to list. We are not guaranteeing if you will all get G0's, it's becoming problematic for us to take apart systems, swap processors, re-stock the B3, etc.

We are overclocking all of them to 3.1GHz if you have selected the Twister Boost option, where it be B3 or G0.

Thanks for the update Alex. All i hope for is that my build can get to 3.0 Ghz and be stable. Clap
ed1371 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ed1371 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 11:53am
after reading this thread I am leaning more and more towards digital storm... I had emailed cyberpower last week with a few questions and got a moronic response... It didnt totally deter my desicion just because its almost the norm nowadays to get that sort of service, but you would figure if I was about to spend $7000 on one of thier computers they would have tried a little harder though. Seeing DS actually try is refreshing.
TheLastSuperman View Drop Down

Quote TheLastSuperman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 12:10pm

Ladies and Gents....

Digital Storm FTW!

I'm an administrator on several sites, you can chek one of them out for proof www.conflict2142.com

So no, I'm not a paid person either for hyping these guys up lol, I just give credit when it's due.

Close to 2 years ago I sunk about $2500 into a Digital Storm System. I have not regreted it since. Wonderful machine, wonderful people.

While I was waiting for my rig way back when, I had ordered a 7800GT and a good soundblaster card (forget the specifics). First I was called and they informed me the 7800GT was discontinued.... (Clarifying here - they still had some but did not want to install it!)

They upgraded me to the 7900GT - price $0

Then they called again, they did not like the sound card either or it was not getting good reviews, something to that effect....

They upgraded me to the newest version as well - price $0

Now be aware that this may not always be possible but my point is - they do what they can for their customers period.

I have had my machine I believe for more than 2 years now and only the neon lights went out last week - that's it, and that's a given in any machine. I will be in contact with them in the next few days but I anticipate nothing but a smooth relaxed phone call and helpfulness to boot.

THANK YOU DIGITAL STORM! Clap

TheLastSuperman
A Numerous Site Administrator lol

EDIT : Dave helped me, paid for shipping including returning parts - could not have asked for better service. Thanks Dave Thumbs%20Up

Ohh and guys awaiting the new systems - enjoy.

Edited by TheLastSuperman - 12 Sep 2007 at 9:08pm

4261 View Drop Down

Quote 4261 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 4:09pm

I hope you meant:  You guys rock!!!  Smile
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by 4261

I hope you meant:  You guys rock!!!  Smile

Fat fingers Big%20smile
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2007 at 10:53pm
Big%20smile You made my day!
cbrollie1000 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cbrollie1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2007 at 5:31pm
haha that sounds like guy candy! j/k ... can't wait till i get mine the SUSPENSE is killing me!
Sonofek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Sonofek Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2007 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by cbrollie1000

can't wait till i get mine the SUSPENSE is killing me!

I can't agree with you more. Shocked
Larry View Drop Down

Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2007 at 9:15pm
IT will be worth the wait.  I have never seen such a clean and tight build.  I have a Dell XPS that I use at work and it wishes it was a DigitalStorm!
Virshia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Virshia Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Sep 2007 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Larry

IT will be worth the wait.  I have never seen such a clean and tight build.  I have a Dell XPS that I use at work and it wishes it was a DigitalStorm!

Lol
Yea its official I'll never order another dell in my life. Now I just have to get my friends to get DS computers because everyone I know has a crappy overpriced Dell.
tinger1 View Drop Down

Quote tinger1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Sep 2007 at 12:12pm
Another verrrry happy customer.
I've purchased a $4 K+ system.. the build was recommended by one of the sales person. 
I did have a problem with the memory chips.... Tech support really took their time to help me trouble shoot.  In any event, new memory was sent out, installed and the machine is perfect again.

My system came in a Coolmaster case and weights a tons!  Everything was neat and clean (wires nicely tucked away)

I will not hesitate to buy from DS again and have already recommended this company to friends.

Keep up the good work!

TLee

srl50 View Drop Down

Quote srl50 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 1:46am
I've had my new DS rig for a week now, and I'm very pleased with it. Great system. I keep throwing the most demanding games at it and it just laughs! Big%20smile
Never stop being a kid.

Q6600
8800 GTX 768
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 1:59am
I love the way you said that! I never knew our machines can Laugh at demanding games Tongue
srl50 View Drop Down

Quote srl50 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 5:43pm
Wink
Never stop being a kid.

Q6600
8800 GTX 768
inshadeoftree View Drop Down

Quote inshadeoftree Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2007 at 9:12pm
I'm driving down the freeway on the way to solve a problem and my phone rings...I put down the coffee, place the donut on the passenger seat and IT'S  KELLY...... from Digital Storm...what fun it is to have these guy's (and girls I hope)  tune my configuration up on the fly...very nice feeling...and that is what will keep me and my friends coming back.....Doug

600W Thermaltake,Intel Core 2 DuoE67502,nVidia650iCore2Quad,2GBCorsair,150GBWesternDigitalraptor 10K, NVIDIA 460 GTX, AirCooled Stage3,Blizzard Internal Lighting,Vista Home Premium

Phreak View Drop Down

Quote Phreak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2007 at 11:24pm
I ordered my new machine yesterday late afternoon, and about 2:00 today a person from DS called me (I had just woken up from a nap after class so I didnt catch his name Confused). He was very helpful in answering a few questions i had, and confirmed they had recieved my order. Very nice customer service so far, I am impressed. In my past computer purchasing experiences, I have never been contacted to see if i have had any questions. Keep up the good work DS.

Callan

*Ill update as it gets closer to me recieving my machine.

Edited by Phreak - 26 Sep 2007 at 9:21pm
Core 2 Quad Q6600 OC @ 2.7Ghz
2GB DDR2 Corsair 800Mhz XMS2
GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB
nVidia 680i LT
Stage 3 w/ TwisterBoost
EXTREME DS case
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 2:08am
Thanks Callan, welcome to the family!
Monstromo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Monstromo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2007 at 7:41pm
Here is the review that says it all:

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:QytrRjGznp0J:www.become.com/pocketchange/2007/03/digital_storm_online_the_new_a.html+%22digital+storm%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=12&gl=us&client=safari
Rexxaran View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Rexxaran Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Oct 2007 at 1:16am

Nice. I made a similar request to Alex Wink. Can't wait to hear his response. I'm paying 35 dollars extra for it btw. Big%20smile

Omg Big%20smile. That news just made me Smile big .. Alex, can you kindly hook me up with that 3.1 Ghz beauty too? Take as long as you want to make sure it's stable but please make the DS magic happen Heart

Edited by Rexxaran - 12 Oct 2007 at 1:23am
grooverider View Drop Down

Quote grooverider Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Oct 2007 at 2:20pm
I was at work and I placed my order a day or so ago but because I have a PO Box, I had to have my shipping address verified so it look a little longer.

But wow, Robert has been really helpful to me, I asked him to make a decision for me and he did with perfect reasoning..and the best part?

They called me just to welcome me to the family and to let me know my order is in stage 1..unreal customer service.  I'll tell you what, I ordered an Alienware, cancelled it, had the WORST customer service ever, ordered a Dell, cancelled it because it was overpriced for what I got..then I sat online all night looking at different companies and this one just struck me as being the one for me:

1.  3 year warranty included, awesome!  Means they actually STAND BY their products

2.  Obsessive managers/techs--  Ok this is what I want to hear

3.  BENCHMARKING AND TESTING!  I'll tell you what, my friend ordered a Cyberpower, and half the cables came unplugged!  You think they care about testing before shipping?

I'm not trying to bash these companies, but this is how it is sometimes.  I'm a Network Administrator/Tech Support..I have built 100's of PC's..your probably wondering why I bought a PC instead of building my own...  Well I build low end workstations, and I do it well, but when I go home, the last thing I want to do is support my own computer after listening to people scream at me all day, plus with the high grade of components being used at Digital Storm, I would not want to mess them up, because I have broke many PC parts but when your building a $500 pc it doesn't matter...but here..your getting top end components, you want top end techs working on it, thats exactly what Digital Storm has.

Sorry for the long post!
Tybo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Tybo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2007 at 8:54pm
I just ordered my system from DSO today and the sales people (Robert and Dave) were both very knowledgeable and helpful.  Ordering couldn't have been easier.  Cudos to DSO and thx for the help in configuring my system.

Tybo

Grape View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Grape Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Oct 2007 at 12:10pm
Well, I have nothing but praise for my DS computer after having it for a few weeks. No flaws, no hiccups, and it runs so smooth and fast.

I have the Ultra case
620 W Corsair PS
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
320 GB 16 MB cache 7200 RPM Sata drive
nVidia Geforce 8800GTX 768MB video card
etc, etc
~if you knew sushi like I know sushi~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>