Post Date: 2008-03-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rapigan View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rapigan Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Mar 2008 at 7:31pm
I think the best way to ask this would be to post it under a new topic. But otherwise, congratulations!
DS
SpyNavy View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote SpyNavy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 May 2008 at 8:01am
Want a Cyberpower PC story - I have one.  I ordered a machine from them a couple of weeks ago - they charged my card - no problem.  I paid for rush delivery and expedited build time - no problem.  2 weeks later - no email, no nothing - web site doesnt update - where is my PC?  It was supposed to be built in 5 days and ship out for a 2 day delivery.  So I call, they say oh we dont have the parts yet, when will you get the parts I say, they say - oh maybe next week, I said what about the build time that I paid for - they say oh yeah - we will refund that.  I called back and just cancelled my order completely and went with DSO.  My only concern now is that they dont refund my money properly.  I called back 3-4 times and verified they had canceled and I emailed but they never responded.  Makes me very nervous.  I decided to use DSO after an experience I had with them when I first started searching for a new PC.  The immediate response and answers to my questions were great.  I tried to save a few bucks and it cost me a couple of weeks and some worry.  Pound for pound DSO appears to be the best bang for your PC buck.  I have researched every boutique builder, built 3 myself, own 2 Alienwares (way over priced these days) and even priced my build against Newegg and I decided for the warranty, the professional build, and the peace of mind - I can pay the slight difference in price.  No we will have to see if DSO truly delivers. 

Edited by SpyNavy - 04 May 2008 at 8:07am
MarkZ View Drop Down
Digital Storm Customer Service

Quote MarkZ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 May 2008 at 2:24pm
Thank you very much for the confidence SpyNavy. We at DSO understand our customers and try to do our best to provide the best customer service and build the best system. We have many gamers also and we understand that if your computer is not build perfectly it can affect game performance. It is also a nightmare to have hardware or software problems and end up missing a few days from the game. This is why we take pride in building our computers so that those precious days of gaming will not be lost.
Charlie View Drop Down
Digital Storm Customer Service

Quote Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 May 2008 at 1:24am

When I hear stories like those, it makes me feel great working for DSO.

schulni View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote schulni Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 11:46am
Can anybody who is familiar with all three companies give a good breakdown of why to choose Digital Storm over ibuypower or Alienware?
Ayslum187 View Drop Down

Quote Ayslum187 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 2:55am
I just purchase a computer from PC club top the line gaming rig cost me almost 6 grand. I got it 2 days ago i am really dissapointed in the build quality and the system keeps crashing and blue screen of death on me as well as the cd drive not working and windows keeps coming up with error dont know what they mean. Oh also the monitor was broken and had to get that replaced. im really angry and im taking the PC back for a refund. I really like the benchmark crusher and the build quality looks great. Ive heard DS has good customer service and was wondering if any one can post a replie that has this system and tell me how DS was with there service i want to go with them but i going to go crazy if i have any more problems and i just want to get my moneys worth and have a rock solid system and i want to know if the bench crush is a good system and if DS can give me a rock solid PC
Kliebor2 View Drop Down

Quote Kliebor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 11:46am
I just bought this year, my first machine from DSO and I have been nothing but impressed, I spent alot for me anyway just over 3000 and let me tell you I was nervous. Alex I am sure could tell you about the 20 times I called him in my 12 day build and 4 day shipping. I also had contact with several of the customer service guys, Mark was who I got the times I called and he was also firmly in the patient and good guy category.

I would not hesitate to recomend the guys at DSO for your next PC at all.

Dave
Digital Storm 950Si - Q9450 Quad Core @ 3 Ghz
Dual PNY OC2 GTX 560Ti
8 Gigabytes DDR2/800
2 Western Digital 500 GB SATAII 7200 RPM HD
UkeTakashi View Drop Down

Quote UkeTakashi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 2:01pm
Gosh why buy anything else,
I have my new DS computer about 2 months now... w0w talk about a power house.
It makes the old computer and the one I am sitting at now "at work" seem like they are broken,
 I didnt get the most powerful of DS selection but the one I got does everything I ask and has hp left over.
 I play a lot in Second Life. use to get 2 to 3 client crashes a session... since the DS got here not one in 2 months. And that with all the graphic settings at max.
 UkeClap
matt366 View Drop Down

Quote matt366 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2008 at 2:37am
Well I ordered my computer from DS, and it took about a month and a half to get it. I have a faulty hard drive which makes my system crash, but thats all, other than my experience, it seems everyone els has had great builds and service.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2008 at 2:40am
Originally posted by schulni

Can anybody who is familiar with all three companies give a good breakdown of why to choose Digital Storm over ibuypower or Alienware?

I don't think Alienware is a competitor at all, they don't customize to the extent that DS does, not to mention all the bad reviews and problems they have all over the net.
workingman View Drop Down

Quote workingman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2008 at 9:46am
more options for customization....better customer service..free ground shipping...3 yr service..life time support...and this forum...to me this is a no brainer...Smile

Quote workingman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2008 at 1:12pm
yep ...but not busy today...lol..just doing home delivery calls..ground is closed

Quote workingman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2008 at 1:26pm
LOLomg HM too funny....i work every saturday for home delivery....i get sunday and monday off...and im always pestering the ladiesWink

Quote workingman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2008 at 1:37pm
Wow..a Big Congratz HM....lets see where is my cane , my cabana clothing, and life raft..lol...just kidding my friend...hope you and yours get many years of enjoyment out of it..cheersClap
edandroy View Drop Down

Quote edandroy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 2:15am
I ordered my system the 24th of June 2008 and have had good customer service so far. Configuration error and parts on back order seem to have slowed things up. Can't wait to get the machine in front of me. I did a lot of searching for a good company and one who stands behind their machines, their work and their customers. My machine is in stage 5 and I hope to hear that its shipped.

EEW Tongue
klarko View Drop Down

Quote klarko Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 4:21pm
Can someone give me a reason on why i should order from DSO when i can just buy the same exact thing from newegg for over a grand less?
bfrank2me View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bfrank2me Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 10:40pm
...and because we have forum members who will actually respond to Trolls rather than just telling them to get off their @$$ and read the previous 16 pages...Wink
...the first hundred years are the hardest
klarko View Drop Down

Quote klarko Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 6:12pm
Ds has way better choises... How can you say that? Newegg has a huge selection at the cheapest prices...

Ds has fantastic customer services /// True

DS is second to none about their warrenty. /// All parts i buy have atleast a decent warranty

DS has these forums where you can come for help or guidance /// there are many message boards about hardware...

DS has free shipping /// True

Ds has no taxes outside california.. /// True

But for all that for grand? Wouldn't it be more wise [from a working student standpoint] to take the chances...
Tyler Lowe View Drop Down

Quote Tyler Lowe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2008 at 6:42pm
Warranty is not what is printed on a paper, but how well a company acts upon what is printed. If you have never been sorely dissappointed in the disparity between the written word, and what happens in practice when you attempt to invoke a factory warranty, you have been exceptionally lucky.

It is perhaps not worth it to you to have all of the tech support for your system come from one source. Whether the source of the issue be software, or hardware, or user error, to have a company that will help you get to the bottom of the issue, and make sure your computing experience is trouble free. This is furthermore domestic technical support given by experts, and not an underpaid answering service in India reading from a script. It is perhaps not beyond your technical skill to assemble a working PC, and to troubleshoot a new build that fails it's first POST. Your time is possibly less valuable to you than the additional cost incurred in having a professional assemble and test your new system.

As many of these things may be true *for you* there are apparently a great many people that feel otherwise. This doesn't make your decision making process any more, or less sound than theirs'. This means simply that the priority, and perhaps life experience that went into that decision is different. If you are intent on building a new system with parts at an etailer there are a great many options available in that case, and best of luck to you.

One hint: Newegg is not always the lowest price. I have on multiple ocassions found items for less than Newegg lists them, and been quite happy with the purchase. If price is your primary concern, shop around a little, you can beat the Egg.

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 12:03pm
Thanks for the support guys.

Klarko, I understand you are on a budget. Why not call us and let us see what we can do for you? I am positive our staff will find the right system for your needs and ensure you will be happy with your purchase for the entire life-span of the unit.

Cheers,
Alex
Iraq Now View Drop Down

Quote Iraq Now Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 4:59pm
Everything these guys have said is true. When I ordered my comp from here in Iraq these guys bent over backwards to accomodate me. I tink the coolest part of my experiance with this company is that when I had a problem, instead of shucking me around to different areas in the company, I was transfered to Jason, who own part of the company. That sealed the deal for me. Any company who has a CEO that takes time to talk on the phone with a cutomer, and then makes sure everything goes smoothly instantly gets my repeat buisness.

When I was in the market for a new computer, I also looked at all the prices for a rig on Newegg, and I built on here. In total my savings would have been about $450.00 but I would have had 15 or so parts all from different manufacturers, with different warranties. Now, through DS I get a guaranteed 4 years parts, and lifetime tech. support. I think its fantastic. Just give them a call like Alex said, it might just make the difference for you.
"Thick as your thumb?Now, you can't do much damage with that now can you? Maybe it should have been rule of wrist instead!" Boondock Saints
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 12:34am
Originally posted by klarko

Ds has way better choises... How can you say that? Newegg has a huge selection at the cheapest prices...

they don't install and offer 3 to 4 year warranty.

Ds has fantastic customer services /// True

This is no small matter, we all must understand what we are saying.

fantastic customer services = Peace of mind, priceless. This means no worries, you can just relax and enjoy the system, never have to worry about what if something fails in one year and one day

DS is second to none about their warranty. /// All parts i buy have atleast a decent warranty

again, newegg one year warranty, does not cover everything, eg. OC, and also is not for 3 or optional 4 years.

DS has these forums where you can come for help or guidance /// there are many message boards about hardware...

True, but all diamonds are not the same, you can't say that all forums are the same, I can take you to some hardware/software forums that will end-up costing you money if you follow their advice. Also other forums don't care about you or your system. DS cares about you and their system, their reputation is on the line.

DS has free shipping /// True

yet another score

DS has no taxes outside california.. /// True

another score

But for all that for grand? Wouldn't it be more wise [from a working student standpoint] to take the chances...

Actually, if you look at the big picture, when you say, working student, you mean that you are not loaded with $$$.

in that case you want to take the least amount of chance since you can't afford it.

Also when things go wrong, 2 minds are better then one, and being able to call ds and see what they think the problem is and how to fix it, is only going to help the process.

can you call or go other places for support? yes, but let me put it to you this way:

if your Sony breaks down, who is gonna give you the best support on it? Sony who's reputation is in the balance or everybody else that has nothing to lose?.

Jeremiah.L View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jeremiah.L Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 4:26pm
After speaking with Kelly on the phone, I put in my order today, Sept 12 2008 at 11.20am GMT-9. This is what I got --

System Configuration:
Chassis: Digital Storm 950Si
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Interior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Power Supply: 1000W Corsair HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.66GHz (1333MHz FSB) (12MB Cache)
Motherboard: nVidia 790i Ultra Core 2 Quad (nForce 790i Ultra SLI) (DDR3 Only)
System Memory: 4GB DDR3 Corsair at 1333MHz
Card Reader: Internal Digital Media Card Reader (Black)
Hard Drive 1: 300GB Western Digital VelociRaptor (10K RPM) (16MB Cache) (Extreme Speed)
Hard Drive 2: 500GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Raid Option: - No Thanks
Hard Drive 3: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 20x / CD-Writer 48x) (LightScribe Edition)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Wireless Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card(s): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 1GB (Includes PhysX Technology)
TV Tuner: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Razer Barracuda AC-1 (Recommended)
Extreme Cooling: Liquid Chilled FrostBite CPU Only
Internal Lighting: Blizzard Internal Lighting (Blue Edition) (Cold Cathode Tubes)
Modifications: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Yes, Overclock the processor as much as possible with complete stability
Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Memory Boost: Yes, Overclock memory timings (Includes Memory Fan Kit Installed)
Windows Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-Bit Edition) (For Enthusiasts)
Restore Kit: Digital Storm Specialized Recovery System (DVD Image Based)
Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Benchmarking: - No Thanks
Pre-Install Game: - No Thanks
LCD Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks my keyboard comes with a mouse
External Storage: - No Thanks
Warranty: 3 Year Platinum Care Extended Parts & Labor Warranty

Sub-Total: $3,805.00
Tax: $0.00
S&H: 2nd Day Air $200.60
Grand Total: $4,005.60

He did suggest me dual GTX280s, but I honestly cannot justify the price at the moment. I've dislocated my jaw trying to swallow the price I paid for this rig in the first place. I'll just have to pick up the extra card later down the road when my disposable income is a bit healthier lol.

Other than that, cannot wait *Is bouncing round like a child*

I am confident I won't be disappointed.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 4:49pm
if your resolution is not higher then 1650 x 1050 then one card is fine.

call them and ask them to change our corsair ram to ocz, corsair has been crapping out lately.

change your case to cosmos s and don't get a sound card if you don't really use it.

other then that its a solid build but for the price you are spending I highly recommend the changes I have mentioned.
tang526 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote tang526 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 2:58am
i cant wait any longer... and reading the pages on this forum is literally eating me inside out.. i want to click the buy button so bad, but my mom.... being the cautious person she is, does not want me to buy from DS simply because she has never heard of it before... and she said not to trust non-name brands. she even wants to find ppl she knows about their thoughts about DS and honestly , i doubt she knows anyone who does... (she doesn't know squat about computers) 

she wants me to buy from some big name brand.... (bleuh)

please i need convincing because i've dying to get a new rig..

here is my config btw.... suggestion are welcomed... but i'm happy with what they are.. but i am willing to change the chassis if airflow is needed

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsaved.asp?id=183051

Edited by tang526 - 14 Sep 2008 at 2:59am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 3:10am
first off explain to you mom, that in a year or two, instead of buying you a whole new PC, for less then half the price you can upgrade your PC to be even a bigger beast that it is right now, by simply updating gpu and cpu, a qx9770 right now costs over $1000, in a year or 2 it will be like $400

now, as for not being able to contain yourself, join the club, bunch of us here are waiting for a new chip-set and have a hard time watching everybody else order these systems while we have to wait, so you are not alone there buddy.

as for your build:

if you like to get more then you paid for then you need to overclock, in order to enjoy the best now and couple years or when ever you upgrade go with liquid cooling, its cooler, more quite, and will give you the best results:

here you go $2518

if not and you want to stick to fan then :

here you go $2348

now if you can change your first HDD to velociraptor then do so.

I also recommend going with the 4 year warranty.

Edited by DST4ME - 14 Sep 2008 at 3:11am
Tyler Lowe View Drop Down

Quote Tyler Lowe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 4:07am
The thing to understand about the name brands, is that they have made their living off a public they have no interest in educating. I do understand that especially for those that have no background in computers, looking at an unknown company name on the internet and thinking of entrusting that name with a good deal of money can be a little bit daunting.

Here are some things I would suggest you do for Mom, so that she understands why you want to buy from Digital Storm rather than a "Big Name Brand".

1. Take the time and explain the basics behind the technology. If she's willing to have a discussion about it, show her a little bit about the components. She may not be aware that about the only well known brand item in some of those "Brand Name" computers, is the name stamped on the case. In most instances, the components used could not be more generic or unknown. Show her the quality components Digital Storm uses in contrast. Show her customer and industry reviews of those components so that she can get an understanding of the difference.

2. Show her the Resellerratings.com reviews of Digital Storm, and of the major brands. She may be shocked to see that a relatively unknown business like Digital Storm has a much higher customer satisfaction rating than some of those names she may feel more familiar with.

3. Most parents want to make sure their children are getting the best that is possible and are trying to look out for their best interests. Show her that you have researched your options thoroughly, and have based your decision on value and quality, rather than an impulse based on an advertisement. Explain the advantages you see from having a custom build to your specifications and needs as opposed to a made for the mass market generic system.

4.Make sure she understands the nature of the *lifetime* tech support Digital Storm provides their customers. You will *never* find yourself on the phone with someone in India reading from a script if you should have a problem. You will be speaking with a qualified technician, someone that understands the technology thoroughly, and can help you with issues should they arrise, not only with the hardware in the unlikely event that that should have a problem, but also with all of the software that you will be installing. Many of the larger brands now outsource their tech support and in many cases that tech support is now in the form of an overseas scripted phone answering service.

5. Invite her to call DSO with any questions she still has. Once you have explained all of the reasons why you believe Digital Storm represents a solid value and is a quality builder that stands by it's promises to customers, she may still have questions. Have her call. Let her get a better feel for the company you want to do business with.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 11:52am

Thank you guys. Thumbs%20Up

tang526, Why don't you have her call our sales team and talk to us?

Cheers,
Alex
tang526 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote tang526 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 11:31pm

she said... if it needs to be fixed.... where am i suppose to take it

this is her concern
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 11:33pm
you have a 3 year warranty with them, and you can take it upto 4 years. so they will take care of anything that goes wrong for the term of your warranty.

what state are you guys in?
tang526 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote tang526 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 11:36pm
washington
she's frustrating me, but she doesnt know squat about computers

she won't call because she wouldn't know what to ask.. forget it i'm ordering it anyways lol

Edited by tang526 - 14 Sep 2008 at 11:39pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 11:43pm
tell her most of us here are old dell and hp customers who wanted a quality product for a proper price. tell her they are part of BBB

Edited by DST4ME - 14 Sep 2008 at 11:45pm
tang526 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote tang526 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 12:34am
Originally posted by DST4ME

tell her most of us here are old dell and hp customers who wanted a quality product for a proper price. tell her they are part of BBB
What's BBB?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 12:49am
Better Business Bureaus

you can't be a part of BBB if customers call BBB and complain about you, when a business is currently part of a BBB that means that its a good business with high customer satisfaction
BulletStopper View Drop Down

Quote BulletStopper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 10:00am
BBB is the Better Business Bureau
Here is the link the the BBB entry for Digital Storm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>