FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why you need to choose DigitalStorm

Post Date: 2012-04-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  <1 678
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stephantmi View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote stephantmi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 3:53pm
I chose my system, and ordered it using the online configurator. After receiving notice that my build was in Stage 6, I received an email stating that the mother board I chose could cause issues in the future and DS recommended that I change the board or the case. I changed the case and asked when the computer would be completed. They told me that it would be completed perhaps by Friday. I called on Thursday and asked that if the computer would be completed on Friday I would like it shipped next day for delivery on Saturday instead of the original 2 day shipping I chose. They said call back on Friday and see if the computer is complete. I called back at 3:30. They stated that I called to late, the ship time for next day was at 3:00. It would ship 2 day... So much for customer service. I hope the computer lives up the DS's reputation, this interaction did not.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 5:51pm

stephantmi,

I'm sorry to hear about the way you feel. During the QA process (stage 6); our QA team determined that your configuration would honestly be better fit for a larger chassis. In the end, we only provided the suggestion because the team wanted you to have a solid, quality unit that would last for a very long time. I'm glad that we did give you a free upgrade to a higher end chassis.

We do strive to check configurations as thoroughly as possible before we build them, however, due to the nature of being a custom system builder, certain configuration issues don’t crop up until we’re able to actually begin to test the system. If issues do crop up, we do our best to try to work out a solution that works for the customer. We won’t let a system leave our facility until it passes our tests and QA checks.

In regards to shipping, we're sorry that we were unable to give you an upgrade to Next Day air from your 2-Day air request, it was honestly too late, in addition, I was reviewing your order, and it appears that your order wasn't behind schedule, today, the day it shipped, was the 11th business day since we processed your order, our normal estimations are up to 15 business days, and that's if we don't run into any issues.

Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy your system when you receive it. Feel free to contact me at any time directly with any further questions or concerns: Alex@digitalstormonline.com  Big%20Smile

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 3:54am
Hi stephantmi....I understand your dissappointment.  The waiting game is almost worse then paying for it.Cry

Not really, but waiting is tough.

But, I would've been thrilled and impressed if they had called me and said their testing showed a better case was in order and offer a free upgrade.  It would've been easier for them to just let it go, ship it and be done. 

Just my opinion.  Best of Luck and hope you get it soon.Big%20Smile
Hexagonal View Drop Down

Quote Hexagonal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 2:02am
Here's why YOU need to choose Digital Storm for your next computer purchase:
1. They make excellent computers (trust me, I've taken six months to research this).
2. Their customer service is top notch. (Period)
3. Their Warranty is very long without the need to pay extra!
4. The Community in this forum is absolutely marvelous.
5. I live in Switzerland (Shipping Cost = Huge (>$1'500)) and even I am a Digital Storm customer, so you can trust me to be only slightly biased when creating this list.

Sorry to hear there are some that have problems...
Life holds many Adventures. Buying a New Computer is just One.
caydpoe View Drop Down

Quote caydpoe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 5:14pm
Today I was customizing a bolt and I was wondering if I could add 2 drives(SSD+HDD). I talked on chat with Gerardo to ask, I needed to leave in 10 minutes. He said it would take a while so I asked him if he could E-Mail me when he found out, he did! And I found out you could($25 dollar fee for $999 model). Great customer service, I think I'll buy here.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 6:06pm
TheWraithProject View Drop Down

Quote TheWraithProject Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 12:22pm
The last month and a half has been a learning curve for me.
I originally went to cyberpowerPC and had a nice rig designed for around $1,200.
took me about a week to figure out what all i wanted to do with it and spend on a computer. I finally got it all done and submitted it and got the "check order status".
almost 3 days go bye before i get a email saying they "cannot process order". basically i work in a different state then my actual residence. because i was trying to send it to my current location instead of sending it back home where i go home once every 4-6 months. took them 2 days to get it switched to my residence back home. after being on hold for 30 minutes i made up my mind to dig into their customer "support?"
so i started seeing alot of youtube videos/articles about how certain rigs being damaged in transit or stuff just not working at all. and cyberpower stating they had to ship it back at the cost of the consumer.
that should have been an immediate strike 3 right their. so i kept doing research, and beleive it or not but i had a hard time trying to find companies that specialized in building gaming/entertainment PC's.
i read a lot of youtube comments in those videos and someone mentioned digital storm so i checked out the site.
and my initial thought was "damn these are a little expensive" that was before i realized what all i was getting.
so i played around with the site building a rig and i dont remember the dollar amount it totaled to be, but i was more then cyberpower. so i decided to hold off and see where this went with cyberpower.
so about week and a half go by and i check the status of my PC and see nothing has been updated. i email them and i get a reply 2 days later saying its been updated. so i check and the only thing that changed was "2/5 order was processed" but it was 2/8Oops

time goes by maybe 3-4 days i get an email saying my parts came in. I'm feeling good now. It shouldn't be much longer now.
as time goes by im watching the section for "assembly date: ~"
i noticed nothing ever changed in that department so i email them in a nice way basically saying in a professional way "WTF what are yall doing?"
Keep in mind I choose "NO-RUSH -5% off total cost"
so they email me back reminding me that i chose that option....
Ok ill give you that....
so about last Monday i was getting annoyed because this thing still wasn't built yet. My brother asked me before going into work last thursday, how long my warrenty was. i looked it up and it said i had 30 days and continued to read further and noticed it said "30 days from the time of invoice"

I ordered this thing on 1/27 and it was 2/21. I was about to be another person to receive a halfa$$ed built computer that was probably over-priced for what all i was getting and it still wouldn't have been all of what i NEEDED. and here it is almost 30 days and its not even built yet. yea i probably could have had longer due to the hiccup and it was reprocessed on 2/5 but thats still only a couple days leeway. by the time i went home and picked it up (if it would have even been there when i was going home) i would have been stuck with a pile of metal that i would have to sit on hold while i got Carlo Chan who barely spoke any english to rush me off the phone like he did before only to tell me i have to pay shipping because i would have been at fault for buying a POS rig from them.

so on 2/21 12:00pm i emailed them canceling my order. now i have to wait a week before i can get my money back. i guess it's better then the alternative. so when that money is back in my account i will be buying from digital storm.
So far i have been emailing back and fourth with DS, and i literally just got off chat with Brian Benoit who helped me build off of what i currently had built and made it efficient for what i will be using it for. and talked with me for about an hour educating me on what i was asking him about in differences of equipment and pushed further on what would be a waste of money for stuff that already came default that was either better then what features i was adding or that was already included.
i even did a side by side for my build. For me to buy it from DS already built and ready to go will run me $2,643
where as if i buy from newegg and build it myself do the over clocking myself (wich i dont know how to do) and a few other things i dont know how to do will cost me $2,073.83 plus S/H by they way thats every part with no warrenty added in.
To me i feel its worth me paying DS to do it and have the warrenty and someone that knows how to do it already and that isnt much of a difference in price for something i know will last me years and years and i will be 1 call away from someone that will know how to take care of any issues i have.
sorry for the long rant but i just wanted to add my $0.02
anvilkicker View Drop Down

Quote anvilkicker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 7:38am
Every question I asked, to customer service and technical support, was answered in a timely fashion with a complete answer.  It was almost unreal to communicate with English speaking personnel that were very knowledgeable - live chat, email, and phone conversations.

Delivery was on time and the package was extremely well protected!  I ordered two laptops that came safe, sound, and absolutely beautiful!

Both machines exceeded our expectations and the challenges of every game we've thrown at them!

I know it's only a matter of time before my wife and I test their upgrade services :)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 2:48pm
Post removed, we've seen a lot of similar type of posts on other sites trying to pickup interest.

Contact me if you have any questions: Alex@digitalstormonline.com

Edited by Alex - 04 Oct 2013 at 4:51pm
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 3:54pm
Until just now, I'd never heard of the other site.   I don't zing other companies but can say DS does have an excellant product, professional build and the best customer service I've seen.     The exception being    the excellant service I provided for 30 years.      Just messing around.

I and others wouldn't be here, in some cases for years, supporting a company we didn't believe in.

Hope this helps and good luck in your decision.
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 12:16am
Not sure what that comment was all about, but it looks like it must've been something rather inappropriate for the site for it to be removed. I will agree with bprat22 on the reason why so many of us are on these forums answering questions for newcomers - we all love computers, we love helping others out, and know from personal experience that DS is a great company that does all they can to support their customers. Up until about 3 months ago, I'd never heard of DS but ran across their name on various forums stating how good they were. Ended up dropping in excess of $10k on a build and absolutely love it would do it again given the chance. DS has been great every step of the way and I will definitely be purchasing my next rig from them when the time comes...
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
3xSLI EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN
Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB+512GB
HydroLux+XSPC CPU/MoBo/GPU Liquid Cooling
Wbpapan View Drop Down

Quote Wbpapan Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 9:57pm
I havent personally experience all the good about DS as i just ordered my system but from all the reading i do ( i love research btw ), DS is a very good company. When i personally experience it (when my system arrived) i will be sure to tell my friends all about it. If its good, then i hope they will get PC from DS because i want to support a good company.
Thandal View Drop Down

Quote Thandal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 May 2014 at 9:36pm
Why did I select a DigitalStorm machine over every other one I might have picked?

Because I didn't want to be kicking myself three months later saying, "I coulda', shoulda', done better!"

I may upgrade certain components in the years to come, but I know I won't be sorry about the foundation upon which I built my rig.
--Thandal
Death becomes her.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678