Post Date: 2007-11-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OlBull View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote OlBull Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Nov 2007 at 12:09am
All right Nomad!!  Good for you..............................dying to hear how you feel about it.

Grats!

Super dave
Dog Lover View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Nov 2007 at 11:18am
Good for you Nomad!

Still jelous of you, bull. lol
Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
Qx6850 3.0 Ghz (stock speed)
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Thermoelectric Liquid Chilled
Windows 7,64b
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Nov 2007 at 11:30am
I chose Digital Storm because they have pretty lights that are shiny and blinky.  I also like to hear their voices on the phone. 

Yes, that's why.  Shiny, blinky lights and phone voices.

Thumbs%20Up

Bill the Cat View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Nov 2007 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by EdH63

I also like to hear their voices on the phone. 

Yes, that's why. 

Ed, I suspect you were hearing voices long before you discovered Digital Storm....
3.6 GHz E6850, 4 GB RAM, GTS 250, TJ9, Win 7 64-bit
4.4 GHz i7 3930K, 16 MB RAM, GTX 670, 550D, Win 7 64-bit
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Nov 2007 at 1:22pm
Shhhh.
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Nov 2007 at 5:55pm

The voices in my head are telling me to drive to CA and pick up my rig when done so UPS does not use it as a wheel chalk!

And to eat more fiber......................... damn voices.

Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Windows 7,64b
OlBull View Drop Down

Quote OlBull Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Nov 2007 at 7:43pm
Grrrrrrrrrr, woooffffff,  pant!   Save your money and have it shipped DHL.  Mine was shipped DS's close of business Mon. and I received Wed. morning.  Cali. to Alaska 1 1/2 days!

The money you saved driving to Cali. you can use flying up here and I'll take you dirt bike playing.

Oh ya, my system rocks!!!  It's soooo much more than I had hoped for or expected..........................with the ULTRA case, this Bad Boy is out of sight!!  I'm not a bling type of guy, but after seeing the ULTRA case in real life, I'd buy one just for the looks.  True!!  Aslo, it runs very quite and cool.

Thanks all you DS folks. And an additional thanks to Dave, who helped me resolve a sound issue.

Folks that don't get a DS system do a big disservice to themselves. And I truly feel sorry for them.

Super Dave
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Nov 2007 at 8:31pm
You're Welcome! Wink
Nomad View Drop Down

Quote Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Nov 2007 at 10:09pm
Ok well I'll prolly be picking up a new monitor in the next 24 hours so thoughts/impressions coming soon ;)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz
2GB DDR2 Corsair at 800MHz XMS2
320GB Western Digital
nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB
Windows Vista Home Premium
Nomad View Drop Down

Quote Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Dec 2007 at 5:53pm
Well I'm not really sure what to say haha
I guess first I'll say, Digital Storm, you guys make kick@$$ computers!

I got my computer Friday and wow! I took it out of the box and just kinda sat there looking at it for about 5 minutes. Once I pulled myself together, I started to set it up and figure out where I was gonna put it.

Ok well now I have my new 20" LCD monitor so I have everything running and man does it run great! It's pretty quiet (but my last machine was kinda loud so that may not be saying much Tongue) and for a second, I almost regretted not getting the cathode lights but once the fans fired up and the entire inside of the case was filled with this sweet blue light, I didn't look back hahaha

Everything is running perfectly and I have been loving Vista so far. It looks very slick Wink Unfortunately, I haven't been able to install any games yet but I think I'm going to go ahead and install Battlefield Vietnam tonight (Battlefield 2 if i get it before then Big%20smile). I had to play it on all low settings on my old comp so I want to see how it looks with everything cranked up! LOL Also, I should be getting Crysis soon so I'll tell you guys how that goes.

All in all, my experience with DS has been an excellent one! No problems at all! So I'll just take this time to thank you guys for doing such a great job with everything!

P.S. I hope to pop some of your caps online when I get my router Wink hahahaha
320GB Western Digital
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Dec 2007 at 6:00pm

Grats to you Nomad!!! Keep us updated on how it runs!

I got an email from Alex this morning and they were in the final stages of tweaking mine!  Said they OC'ed it to 3.8 G!  So, it is supposed to ship today, 2 day air!!!!

I keep hitting refresh on my email looking for a shipping confirmation and tracking number! 

Edited by Dog Lover - 04 Dec 2007 at 6:02pm
Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Windows 7,64b
Nomad View Drop Down

Quote Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Dec 2007 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Dog Lover

Grats to you Nomad!!! Keep us updated on how it runs!

I got an email from Alex this morning and they were in the final stages of tweaking mine!  Said they OC'ed it to 3.8 G!  So, it is supposed to ship today, 2 day air!!!!

I keep hitting refresh on my email looking for a shipping confirmation and tracking number! 

Thanks man! I definitely will!

Oh snap! 3.8!? Holy Censored!!!

That's sweet man! 2 day air especially! Wink

Sounds like the wait is almost over for you Big%20smile
320GB Western Digital
Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Dec 2007 at 7:47am

Still waiting, Nomad.  Alex called me last night and found out that I have a bad motherboard...... sigh.   Someday!

Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Windows 7,64b
Nomad View Drop Down

Quote Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Dec 2007 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Dog Lover

Still waiting, Nomad.  Alex called me last night and found out that I have a bad motherboard...... sigh.   Someday!

Awww man really? Things just aren't going quickly for your rig are they? Sounds like quite a beast though so idk maybe that has something to do with it Tongue But yea again, better that they found it and are correcting it than you getting it and finding out that problem for yourself Wink
320GB Western Digital
Nomad View Drop Down

Quote Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Dec 2007 at 5:24pm
Well I just got BF2 running on my new rig and I maxed out everything without a hitch! I don't know what the exact FPS was but it was super super smooth, no slowdowns or anything like that at all! I know it's only BF2 but hey, this is coming from someone who had to play Halo (PC) on low settings with bad FPS Tongue
320GB Western Digital
Mayoboy View Drop Down

Quote Mayoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2007 at 11:34pm
Hey I emailed one of their people about the rig I set up on their site and well I haven't got any reply for 2 days. Does anyone know why?
Kelly View Drop Down
Digital Storm Customer Service

Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2007 at 11:54pm
could it be that DS is closed on the weekends?
Mayoboy View Drop Down

Quote Mayoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Dec 2007 at 2:20pm
Oh I didn't even notice that.  0.o
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Dec 2007 at 3:09pm
Here's your sign.  Now go tie yer shoes Skippy!

Ermm

Edited by EdH63 - 23 Feb 2008 at 10:17am
Kaosreyns View Drop Down

Quote Kaosreyns Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2007 at 12:09am
Why Choose DSO?  Well in my case there is no better option (as soon as funds are available).  Im in need of a new system.  Ive been building my own the last few years and Ive had my fun with the experience.  Ive never messed with SLi, so it will be a nice change to have one built for me.  My current rig is horribly outdated.  Im still using one of the first athlon 64 processors.  The 754 pin athlon 64 3200+.  Its not surprisingly hard to find any motherboards for this beast anymore.  Just recently I had a BFG 6800 GTOC die on me.  Somehow a dust bunny lodged itself into the gpu fan.  It died quickly.  It wasn't fun shopping for a new card either.  I was especially mad at the fact that unless I did a complete new build, I would have to invest in *gasp* outdated technology! AGP 8.0 sucks, and very few cards are still made to work with it.  The ones you can find are often overpriced and under performers.  I nabbed a 7600 gs with 512 mb ram.  Unfortunately, its DDR I.  My old 6800 was faster IMO.  It at least had faster ram.
KS View Drop Down
  Quote KS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Feb 2008 at 11:58pm

I will say one thing, stay away from Cyberpower.  I purchased a new PC from them back on May 1st and received in early July.  System crashed during first boot (BSOD) and crashed anytime I played a game for more than 30 minutes.  In late Oct,  the motherboard failed.  Shipped it to them and got it back after much delay and bold face lies from tech support in late Dec.  Not only was it nearly impossible to get a hold of anyone at anytime, when you did, they were rude and one two occasions just hung up on me.

When I did get it back (Dec 27th), believe it or not, NOTHING was done.  My MB was still bad and when I called they told me they replaced the soundcard, which was working fine.  They aplogized for the mix up and offered to pay for the shipping back to them.  So basically 7 weeks and nothing done.

Sent it back Dec 28th.  I just got it back last week, yes another 7 weeks, and powered it up and it actually came back up.  Of course all my data was missing, luckily I had a decent backup. I should also mention that NONE of fans were connected so it immeidately heated up to the point that I had to shut it down after 30 seconds...Reconnected all the fans myself, cyberpower says it was due to rough shipping...Yeah right, I can see a couple fans maybe, but every single one?  Doubtful.

I proceeded to load all my software that I use and after 6 hours zap...motherboard failure again.

More phone calls to Cyberpower, left several messages, finally got a hold of someone at 3:30 AM MT.  After some back and forth, they agreed to send me a full refund, minus the cost of me shipping it back to them for a third time. 

While I am happy I am receivin a refund, the aggrevation just isnt worth it. 

Stay away from Cyberpower. 

With my $4800.00 refund I plan on buying a DS system.  I just hope DS lives up to their rep as everyone here raves about.  It will be nice to receive good customer service for once.

DrBubba View Drop Down

Quote DrBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 9:03am
This forum seems to have died.  Too bad.  If anyone finds this and is thinking of purchasing from Digital Storm, proceed with confidence.

Growing tired of the racket coming from my Dell XPS, I bought a SLI machine from CyberPower.  It died within a few days, and I spent a frustrating week listening to recorded messages and sending in unanswere emails.  On the rare occasions when I got through to a human being, they weren't helpful.  Finally, I sent the whole thing back in for a refund, minus the SandH.  That cost me several hundred bucks, but was worth it just to finish dealing with those people.

I then bought a more conservative rig from Digital Storm.  It worked fine for about a month, then I began getting a message saying "Video driver has stopped functioning and has reset."  I became a frequent flyer with customer support.  Each and every time I called the call was picked up within 4 rings, I spend only a few seconds listening to elevator music, and on first try got to a tech who seemed to know his stuff. 

We tried an endless number of fixes (the problem is peculiar to VISTA, but there's a hardware interaction), they sent me a new video card and offered a new motherboard.  I finally sent the machine back (they paid for shipping both ways) where they again changed out the video card, changed out the memory, reinstalled drivers and lord knows what else.

I've now been using the machine for about a month, and it's flawless. 

So, they built me an imperfect machine, and I'm writing an endorsement.  Definitely!  They give you support that is prompt, efficient, not condescending, and focused on solving the problem to the customer's satisfaction.  They worked WITH me, not to get me off the line, but to get me a usable machine. 

I wish I hadn't had the problem, but in no way blame DSO for it. 

I'll buy from them again.
Integrity is what you do when no one is looking
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 10:19am
Hey!  What's up with my post up there "Pending Approval"?  I know those are some pretty racy and controversial comments I made but, you may want to approve it, or disapprove by now.

Stern%20Smile
Exura View Drop Down
  Quote Exura Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 4:58pm

ok im like realy into gaming and stuff but some of these computers look realy expensive are they worth buying?

Bill the Cat View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 5:22pm

Expensive compared to what?

1. Compared to any other custom builder; no.
  2. Compared to building your own computer; depends how smoothly that project goes.
  3. Compared to your Wii; absolutely.

Edited by Bill the Cat - 05 Mar 2008 at 5:28pm
3.6 GHz E6850, 4 GB RAM, GTS 250, TJ9, Win 7 64-bit
4.4 GHz i7 3930K, 16 MB RAM, GTX 670, 550D, Win 7 64-bit
Mysty View Drop Down

Quote Mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Exura

ok im like realy into gaming and stuff but some of these computers look realy expensive are they worth buying?

They are only as expensive as you can afford.  You are given a ton of options on all of their configurations.  I spent alot of time researching other Places; I also put together a list of most of their parts if I put the rig together myself.  After all the research I came to a few conclusions; if I put the Rig together myself; I might spend less money but I would be the one with all the headaches and no solid warranty.  If I chose one of the other Places to build my Rig I would wind up paying more money and not get near the CS or Warranty I would get from DS. 

Is it worth it; Hell Yeah; I know that I have lifetime support; I know that for the next 3 years I have a full warranty.  Their CS is outstanding; if I want to get an upgrade I can have them do it; or I can buy the parts from them and do it myself and they will walk me thru setup if I am unfamiliar with the upgrade.  Now where else do you get CS like that; whenever you upgrade on anyone elses Rigs you void your warranty.  I got my Rig in Feb; I am completely happy with it; any of the small issues seem to be Vista related; so hopefully they will be sorted out soon.  Im so happy I found DS to build my first Custom Rig; I feel like I totally lucked out in finding them and thereby avoiding the headaches that you get from other companies. 

Im the type of person that once Im happy I wont even look anywhere else for any future Rigs; they have my Business for as long as Im still Kickin.    So to answer you question; is it worth it?  HELL YEAH; You get what you pay for; and with DS I think  you actually get a little more than what you pay for. 
Dom1111 View Drop Down

Quote Dom1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 11:42am
The customer service is truly outstanding.  Some of the best people I have had the pleasure of doing business with.  I always received a response from Duke, always.  I would say search no further,  DS baby DS.
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Mar 2008 at 11:59am
If you're really into gaming... "and stuff", then you're probably very familiar with using "The Force". "The Force"  should tell you that cost is always relative and you should purchase from this company.  "The Force" never lies... ever.  So, I would trust "The Force" because its presence in this place is most powerfully omnipotent and it will guide you truthfully.  Close your eyes and take your hands of the wheel and listen to Brodywan Kanobi.  He's that guy that taught Obiwan all that he knows today.

Too bad your name's not Luke.  That would fit nicely into this little twisted dissertation.   
phantom View Drop Down
  Quote phantom Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2008 at 4:07pm
im looking for a new gaming computer and cant decide which brand to go with digital storm or cyberpower does anyone have xp with both companies?
Dashuu View Drop Down

Quote Dashuu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2008 at 4:54pm
I can tell you that we have a lot of ex-cyberpower customers. I'm afraid I can't out them on my own though. If anyone wishes to step forward however, they are welcome to. This is a very accepting community, and it's ok to admit to a few mistake. Tongue
bfrank2me View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bfrank2me Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Mar 2008 at 2:27am
True story Dashuu!...we outed EdH63 a little while ago, and he survived it.

I'd out BillTC but I'm afraid he may be asexual...

SkyR is a Canuck so he's probably eh-sexual...

I don't have any Cyberpower stories or I'd out them in a heartbeat.  Broken%20Heart

...the first hundred years are the hardest
cronedog View Drop Down

Quote cronedog Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Mar 2008 at 9:43am
I don't have any cyberpc stories other then I almost went with them for pure price advantage.  One I saw the flimsy looking cases and all the complaints out there...I continued my search.

What really won me over for DS was a year old review on the h enthusiast page.

DS and velocity micro were the two highest marks.  So I spent the next few weeks reading and researching each one.  I dont want to down VM, they seem like a great company.

For the $1700 budget I had set, DS simply offered superior hardware.  So I took the gamble and was very very pleased with it.

EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Mar 2008 at 11:05am
Originally posted by bfrank2me

True story Dashuu!...we outed EdH63 a little while ago, and he survived it.

I'd out BillTC but I'm afraid he may be asexual...

SkyR is a Canuck so he's probably eh-sexual...

I don't have any Cyberpower stories or I'd out them in a heartbeat.  Broken%20Heart

I'm getting the feeling this is a bit disambiguous.
traylorc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote traylorc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Mar 2008 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by phantom

im looking for a new gaming computer and cant decide which brand to go with digital storm or cyberpower does anyone have xp with both companies?

At one time I considered Cyberpower as their prices were considerably cheaper than most boutique manufacturers.  Then I did some more research.

Here is a copy of one my post from another computer oriented forum:

Found this on the Better Business Bureau website

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...anyID=13080817

Here is a portion of Cyberpower's BBB report:

"Complainants allege the company sells defective merchandise, and fails to provide warranty service as agreed. Some complainants allege they receive merchandise which is inoperable or defective at the time of delivery. In other cases customers complain they return defective components two or three times for the same repair, or, repaired items are retuned without the repairs performed, in the same condition as when they were sent in for repair. Complainants are generally dissatisfied with the level of customer service provided, claiming they are unable to reach company personnel by phone, and e-mails are not responded to. Some complainants who request refunds on defective products are dissatisfied with the company's policy of deducting S & H charges from the refund amount."

And...

"The company generally requires purchasers to ship computers back at their own cost for repairs or replacement. When refunds are requested, S & H charges are deducted from refund amounts. Depending on the size and weight of the item shipped, S & H changes can add up, especially in cases when items must be returned two and three times for repairs. We advise careful evaluation of the company's technical assistance, servicing, and refund and exchange policies prior to ordering products."

I have heard from a number of Cyberpower customers that the company is trying to restore their reputation amongst consumers.  Currently, the company has a "B" rating from the BBB.  A "B" rating is defined as the following:

"A good rating that still implies reputability. The rating may relate to length of time in business, a past problem that’s been corrected, or something else that does not cause problems for consumers. We believe a company with this rating would generally conduct business and respond to any complaints satisfactorily. "

So perhaps Cyberpower has finally seen the light and realize that customer service is important.  Nonetheless, I would rather go with a company like DS that realizes from the beginning that customer service is important and doesn't wait until their reputation is tarnished before implementing changes. 
Dakulis View Drop Down
  Quote Dakulis Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Mar 2008 at 2:43pm
Hello All,

Ordered a DS machine last week, I'm in Stage 2 and I am about to test their Customer Service with some questions and potential "changes" to the machine, imagine that.  LOL

Let me tell you how I got here.  I have owned 3 ABS Computers in the past, upgraded 2 of them after the fact.  They were nice machines but ABS's customer service and follow-up was non-existent.  I was impressed with their build quality so I talked our IT person into buying 10 machines in the office and it was a nightmare.  So, no more ABS for me.  The dilemma, where to go for my next gaming computer?

I bought my most recent "gaming" computer off eBay with incredible components, a great price, and continual problems, which did not go away until I junked the cheap case, had a technician completely uninstall and reinstall the OS, tweak the settings, and fix some wiring issues, i.e., shorts that were causing crashes.  That seemed like a penny wise, pound foolish way to go again. 

So, I started reading reviews on gaming machines and I looked at all the typical subjects, i.e., Alienware, Falcon Northwest, Puget Sound, Computers, Cyberpower, IBUYPOWER and others. (No ABS did not make the cut this time.)  The reviews kept mentioning this company called DigitalStorm so I decided to take a look at them and I kept running across reviews extolling their customer service, build quality and price. 

So, I wander to the page, spec a computer, and then reconsider, doing another 2 weeks of research and speccing computers on other sites, mostly at anywhere from $200 to $500 more expensive.  I keep reading these reviews, then find you guys, read about your experiences and, finally, I'm sold, literally.    ORDERED LAST WEEK, WOOT!!

Now, the waiting and wondering more, did I spec it correctly, can I make it better, will my wife kill me if the price goes up much more?  Do I need a Ferrarri or will a Porsche Cayman or an Infiniti G37 work just as well, they look almost as good and they cost thousands and thousands less.  

Hello Digital Storm . . . ????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>