Post Date: 2009-11-02

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  <1 5678>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 5:15pm
I swear, Digital Storm is the best. I've NEVER found this level of customization for a computer before, heck, where ELSE do you get a fully stable computer that's running 0.67 Ghz faster than factory? With the Intel Stock Heatsink! DS Ftw

Customer service is the bomb too, instant relief!
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
B5GkarNarn View Drop Down

Quote B5GkarNarn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 6:34pm
My wife & I ordered our desktop PC from DS last week by speaking with Sarah on the phone.  She was very patient with us & answered all of our questions splendidly.  We're both noobs & were very happy that Sarah explained things to us on our level of understanding.  She was terrific! 
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 6:57pm
Sarah is on a whole different level

Edited by DST4ME - 02 Nov 2009 at 6:57pm
venom View Drop Down

Quote venom Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 1:24am
lmao!
Bullseye View Drop Down

Quote Bullseye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 2:44pm
Don't all of us just LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE DS?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 3:39pm
Thumbs%20Up
Bullseye View Drop Down

Quote Bullseye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 8:55am
How long does it take to ship a rig internationally???
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 1:10pm
The build-test time frame is the same.

However, shipping from Digital Storm to your location will vary. Usually it's about a week. I won't be able to help you directly with international shipping questions. You will need to contact us directly either by phone (1-510-490-1122 for International customers) or via our message system in our customer service area.

Edited by Alex - 14 Jan 2010 at 6:45pm
Bullseye View Drop Down

Quote Bullseye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 4:27pm
ok thanks
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 6:41pm

Moving forward let's stay on topic here.

If your post in this thread is not related to 'Why you need to choose Digital Storm' then please create a new topic in the 'General Discussion' area.

Edited by Alex - 17 Jan 2010 at 6:42pm
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 7:23pm
I'm a teen and even I can communicate with these pros. That's some serious customer service quality man!
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
Cretae View Drop Down

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 3:55pm
I got DS's number!!

They are obviously a smallish company whose senior leadership has set a standard that quality and responsiveness are paramount. They have sneakily established a workplace that people want to come to so that expertise, if not necessarily there from the git-go, is encouraged and nurtured over time so everyone in the company has it. Bet their turnover is very low, so most are battle-tested veterans who are prouder of who they work for than we are that we own one of their systems. What you get is a crew of fiercely loyal people on a mission to uphold the culture of excellence.

When you read the forums of competing orgs, you see over and over that no one really cares if a problem gets resolved. Not only are the standards lower, it's clear their people are just working a job and getting through a day. The culture is so negative it feeds itself. There's no expertise because no one lasts long enough. How can you care if you know your company does crap work that simply means more complaints tomorrow?

I researched my purchase for 3 months before I chose DS. I was tempted by lower prices, but it's clear the prices reflect the quality (or lack thereof). I felt total confidence in my purchase was worth the small difference I paid. I don't even have my system yet, but I feel like I joined a family that really pulls together. The culture this company has engendered in everyone is remarkable. I feel like I know for a fact that my system will be perfect, or if not, it very soon will be. Everyone else is a crap-shoot.
Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Intel Core i7 930 3.8GHz OC
EVGA X58 LE
6GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram
750W Corsair
1TB HDD
1x ATI RadeonHD 5870 1GB
Noctua Dual 120mm
I can make my mind think... anything....
jaypeetee44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jaypeetee44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 6:55pm
ShockedYou obviously have the right number.....

The extra we ALL spent for a DS system..... ? You can always get more money...what you can't put a price on is the doubt, misery, disappointment, anger, etc. that you experience with those "who gives a damn?" other companies you describe. I spent 3 years saving for my system and researched the whole time with the research intensifying the last 6 months to about 12 hours a day.

In the end, I feel VERY lucky to have stumbled onto Digital Storm. Without a doubt you have described my feelings about the company to a T. Thanks for putting the thoughts to type.......................JPTOuch

Edited by jaypeetee44 - 16 Aug 2010 at 4:41am
Devil's Advocate-Just another wrench in the works..
CBK Bodilly View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote CBK Bodilly Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 11:14pm
DS is the way to go.
VAMPIRE_MAGE View Drop Down

Quote VAMPIRE_MAGE Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 2:31am
thanks man i need help tho i started a new forum thread thing called maybe newbie ppl plz help
THE VAMPIRE MAGE KING
WicsDS View Drop Down

Quote WicsDS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 11:41pm
"Why you need to choose DS?"

Because just posting your config on the forums and asking for advice will get you more positive feedback and information in 1 day than you can possibly imagine!  DS has an awesome community!
rayfinkle View Drop Down

Quote rayfinkle Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 4:44pm
Just ordered my system. I cannot explain how stoked I am. I don't want to wait, but honestly, I don't care because I know why it takes longer and I know it will be worth it. There is a reason you can read positive DS reviews for days.

The culture on DS forums and within the company is simply overwhelming. You can really feel the pride the exudes from both the employees and those who own DS rigs. I am nearly as excited to be a part of the DS community as I am to get my new system. I have never spent this much money on a computer (it is going to end up being about 3k after monitors, etc.), but I have also never been so sure I am getting the absolute best value for it.

Thanks to everyone at DS and I can't wait to post pictures of my rig. Keep it up guys!
AmbientChong11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote AmbientChong11 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 12:15am
I ordered on 11/18/09 and it's still working great !! One year anniversary's near and I recommended DS to everyone.
TalonH View Drop Down

Quote TalonH Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 6:24pm
Hi everyone.

I'm not in the financial position to buy a gaming rig at the moment but I'm pretty excited.  For a long time I've considered Alienware to be the best but comparing builds on their to a Hailstorm, well, there's just no comparison.  Sub standard parts for more money and basically for a brand.  3700$ on their Aurora ALX and 3700$ on a Hailstorm are light years apart.

Hopefully in 3-6 months I'll be able to be a customer here!  I'm sure you all will be able to find something that'll fit me.
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by TalonH

Hi everyone.I'm not in the financial position to buy a gaming rig at the moment but I'm pretty excited.  For a long time I've considered Alienware to be the best but comparing builds on their to a Hailstorm, well, there's just no comparison.  Sub standard parts for more money and basically for a brand.  3700$ on their Aurora ALX and 3700$ on a Hailstorm are light years apart.Hopefully in 3-6 months I'll be able to be a customer here!  I'm sure you all will be able to find something that'll fit me.

i was one of those same people back when alienware wasn't owned by dell and i came to the same conclusion a while back. Its pretty hilarious they try and charge you like 1000$ for a ram upgrade.
FuseAQM View Drop Down

Quote FuseAQM Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 6:55pm
My first big buy PC was an Alienware, also BEFORE Dell. I've had any number of problems with it and them, including but not limited to the following:
I sent my PC in for service when the MOBO and GPU died. Took weeks to get it straight and many calls up the line to supervisors and managers, to the point they upgraded the dead GPU for free. Being a gamer that was just the right note to hit and I decided they had done right by me, until 6 months later when I went to reinstall windows. Alienware places the Windows XP sticker with my XP Product Key on the inside of the side panel, and when my PC was in for service they replaced that panel with out transferring the sticker. By the time I realized I wasn't able to install XP thanks to them I was told basically, "Oh, really? Too late, so sad, buy a new copy."
Yeah, like you jerks don't have PILES of OEM XP CDs you could just send me a sticker off of...

Again, that was BEFORE they were purchased by Dell, and they had already made a loyal non-customer for life. I can't imagine buying from them now unless you enjoy aerosol as your recreation. Dell parts and support are some of the worst I've ever had to deal with when I worked tech support at a college. I'll bash both companies to my grave.

Oh, and my friend bought an XPS a few years ago, against my advice, but it was a decent deal. One of the two video cards died less than a month after the 2yr warranty was up, followed up a few other parts.

DS is my new dream machine. Seems like they can kick Falcon's ass ten ways to Sunday at half the price. I'm desperately trying to work a DS machine in to my budget, haha.

Edited by FuseAQM - 29 Aug 2011 at 7:01pm
~Sometimes nothin' is a real cool hand.~
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 7:01pm
I agree I always thought AW was crap and that was before dell, if you ask me dell made teh customer support better if you can believe that.
DefineGodLike View Drop Down

Quote DefineGodLike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 6:36am
Dell's customer support has treated me decently over the past 4 years once I got past the foreign accent employees. :P That being said, I'm now liking the thought of owning a DS system and being a part of this community. Like anything else though, I'll put in the time to research everything before buying. :)
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Dell U2312HM
Cooler Master 942 HAF X
Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz (OC 4.4GHz)
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
8GB DDR3 1600MHz DS Performance Series
GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB
NOSVIPER View Drop Down

Quote NOSVIPER Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 7:55pm

Edited by NOSVIPER - 27 Jan 2012 at 3:40pm
jmaster299 View Drop Down

Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 8:27pm
Speaking as someone who has has their share of frustration there is still not a different company I could recommend over DS. Their phone support employees need a lot of improvement across the board so I can agree with you on that but at the very least you are speaking to someone in the US and not a minimum wage lackey in another country who reads from a script.

DS needs to provide better customer service training for every person who answers the phone. Tech support, sales, etc, they all need to be customer service trained. This is even more important since DS is a "small" company and they have people from the various departments answering all the different lines even if it's not their assigned department.

With that said there is a very active and helpful community here that can assist you on almost any issue and guide you towards getting the right hardware for your needs. That's something you don't typically find on most forums. Other places are full of haters that just want to insult people because they think they are better then them. True some people here will be very direct but it's all done in the interest of helping people and not trying to make them feel bad.

The two biggest arguments you will hear against going with professional build is the cost and that it must mean you're dumb because you can't build it yourself. Both arguments are just uneducated nonsense from the same kind of people who just think they are better then everyone else.

Yes a professional build will cost more, but you get some very important things for that extra money and that extra money is not all that much when you consider how important a good system is. Now I'll be the first to admit that some of the prices here for various parts is a little high but there are always solutions to that.

For that extra money you are getting life time tech support (unlike other companies that charge you after 1 year) and again that support is in the US. You also get a 1 year part and 3 year labor warranty. Other companies offer only a 1 year warranty and charge for anything more then that.

Then there is the near limitless customization options, with other companies you are restricted to only a handful of options listed on their site but not so here. You can ask for special order parts or make special requests regarding your build and everything else.

Edited by jmaster299 - 22 Jan 2012 at 8:43pm

NOSVIPER View Drop Down

Quote NOSVIPER Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 8:36pm

Edited by NOSVIPER - 27 Jan 2012 at 3:41pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 10:33am

@NOSVIPER,
I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience with Mike. In all honesty, that is not how we want any of our potential or current/past customers to feel. Our team is very passionate behind the products we offer and we definitely want our customers to be happy with their purchase. Our mindset is that happy customers are repeat customers.

There may have been a situation where a misunderstanding may have led to an unhappy experience, but, I am confident to say that we always do what's fair both for the customer and the company in the end. Every lesson is a learning one and no one is perfect, but, as long as we learn from our mistakes, that's what matters the most.

NOSVIPER, you or anyone else is more than welcome to email me directly: Alex@digitalstormonline.com and I am more than happy to make sure any concerns, issues are taken care of, as we honestly do truly value our customers and their opinions. Big%20Smile

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 10:47am
Hi NOSVIPER....Your first impression, which is so important, didn't seem to impress you very much.

However, and with respect, if you start a New Post in Config Discussion, telling the forum what your needs are, what size monitor and resolution you game at and what your budget is, there are members that will gladly help you get the most bang for your buck.  Big%20Smile

No pressure...No limit to questions...no obligation to buy, we're all customers like you....Just good info. 

Like was stated, no other forum will give you so much..  Hope to see you.Big%20Smile
Cretae View Drop Down

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 4:10pm

@NOSVIPER

bprat22 has it right on the nose. Post that info in the Config section, and you will get the very best advice from customers just like you that have experienced the process, and been won over by the most positive experience ever.

I haven't even posted here in almost a year, but when I got the e-mail about this thread, and saw your post, I just had to get back in. DS is so much more and so much better than what you have experienced so far. Give them another chance. Alex is sincere, and means what he says. The user community here is the best anywhere. The guys that make recommendations in the configuration forum are on top of the very latest technology that really delivers the very best results for every dollar spent.

I got my system over a year and a half ago, and I still get a thrill from the excellent performance I'm still getting. I recommend DS to everyone I know who might want a high performance gaming machine, and I recommend them to you.
Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Intel Core i7 930 3.8GHz OC
EVGA X58 LE
6GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram
750W Corsair
1TB HDD
1x ATI RadeonHD 5870 1GB
Noctua Dual 120mm
I can make my mind think... anything....
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 4:19pm
Thank you everyone for the support. Big%20Smile
digistormguest View Drop Down

Quote digistormguest Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 2:53pm
I have not chosen them...yet. I supplied my phone number and contact info on the website early today - no response. I called a few hours ago and was told by the phone person that they would give it to someone in Sales and get back to me right away. Well, I suppose not that right away. So I submitted an online form again a little while ago - I have never had to jusmp through so many hoops to pay someone else for something. Is anyone else having this level of service issues?
digistormguest View Drop Down

Quote digistormguest Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by digistormguest

I have not chosen them...yet. I supplied my phone number and contact info on the website early today - no response. I called a few hours ago and was told by the phone person that they would give it to someone in Sales and get back to me right away. Well, I suppose not that right away. So I submitted an online form again a little while ago - I have never had to jusmp through so many hoops to pay someone else for something. Is anyone else having this level of service issues?

UPDATE

All good now - order is in and being processed - first steps were not so easy, but let's see how they do with the build and user experience from here on out
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 3:30pm
digistormguest,

Your experience thus far actually reflects my own. I had a fair amount of trouble actually getting in good contact with Digital Storm. Various emails with no responses, various calls never returned. However, once I got through and got a few questions answered, everything was smooth as silk. I've had my rig for over a year now and haven't had a single memorable issue with it, and tech support has helped me with a few small things in a timely manner. So, I wouldn't worry too much, you're in good hands Hahaha
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 3:50pm
Hi digistormguest...I'm not making any excuses for your initial problems, but Monday's have always been, since I've been here, a tough time to get through for service, sales, etc. I don't t know the solution, just know what to expect. Glad it did work out.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 4:12pm

Monday's are always the busiest for us, however, our goal is to always to be there to answer the phone on that very first ring. Just in the past month, we added an additional new members to our phone staff.

We're always looking for ways to improve and this area and it is always an area that is a focus, especially since this is where our customers can speak with our team. Being a small business and specializing in the products we offer, there may be times where customers may have a leave a message and get a call back, but, that's only because we don't want to outsource our calls to a call center and have someone read a script to our customers.

I assure you that we always do our best to get back to our customers. The easiest way is to request a call back via our message center (http://www.digitalstormonline.com/customerservice.asp).

Also, we've seen emails that fall through cracks due to SPAM filters, make sure you have our domain (digitalstormonline.com) on an approved senders list.

Other than that, welcome to the family of customers! Feel free to contact me at any time: Alex@digitalstormonline.com or our Management team, Management@digitalstormonline.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>