FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why should I purchase from Digital Storm?

Post Date: 2010-12-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  <1 23456>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rowbra View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rowbra Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 6:28pm
Hey Guys Merry Christmas first off, and a very Happy New Year to come, man I just got my rig and just from the packaging, A+++++, my rig is everything I hoped for and more, I am so Glad I chose DSO, the specs, pricing , warranty, customer service, I could not be happier, I am emailing DSO as the first thing I do with my gaming rig LOL, this is how Happy I am with my experience overall, I had some initial problems with my original configuration, but Sarah and Alex came through,   thks again guys, here is one customer for life, in a few months or a year, I am ordering my laptop for my wife from you guys, Thks again David, wooooooooooohooooooHahaha
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 6:46pm
Ya David, many of us here agree with your statements and have had a similar experience with DS
Rich46yo View Drop Down

Quote Rich46yo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 11:28am
All I can say is "Wow"!

Really. When I first started with computers many years ago I heard whispers of future machines and software coming down the pike in the future but I never quite believed I'd get there. Now I got there. I bought a new DS Assassin featuring the i7 and Nvidea GTX580 over X-mas for myself.

I had a serviceable quad core HP pavilion with new power and a new gtx475, 6 gigs ram...ect But this Digital Storm system is on an entirely different level. I bought 3 Terras of Seagate USB-3 external and not only can I game with full game settings on and high frame rates ; I can also record with Fraps to my external, full Fraps settings, at a smooth 30 to 50 fps.

And everything is in harmony with this Assassin. Controllers, joysticks, keyboards, Track ir, monitors. This is the best computer I have ever owned.

I'm really impressed. And the warranty lets me sleep at night. The best $2,000 I ever spent.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 4:32pm
Heathenson View Drop Down

Quote Heathenson Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 11:27am
My reason, which really, i think all kinds of companies could take note (food, clothing, department stores, all kinds.), is that the customer service is real. Anyone who has contacted DS knows what im talking about.
Cattle die, Kinsmen die, A man himself Must likewise die; But the fair fame never dies For him who has earned it well
DSnoob View Drop Down

Quote DSnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 12:51am
well, I purchased from DS about 2-3months ago, and I can tell you the quality of this computer is beyond my expectations. The computer run flawlessly only with minor trouble of hooking up thye fan. I never had any computer run so trouble free and quite, especially with air cooled system. Hopefully I wont need a new system in 3-5 years but when its time to order, I will certainly be back.

PS its great that I can write this computer off as tax deductions LOl.

thank you very much DS
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 3:43pm
Love
Mickeyfree18 View Drop Down

Quote Mickeyfree18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 5:30pm
I just ordered my computer today so excited!!!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 6:18pm
timdis View Drop Down

Quote timdis Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 11:09pm
I have to say DS by far has the best rep out there with gamers.I had a dell now (7 years old xps) that has just died and needed to replace the rig.This is when dell made soild PCs which is no longer the case.I have looked at many sites offering good builds ( cyberpower, ibuypower,ect ) and they all felt just like Dell ..... make money and could care less about customers.You can also bet your last dollar that an american that can speak english will answer the phone when you call them unlike the other help desks (dell) which was a huge selling feature for me.This company (DS) seems like they truely care about what they are putting out.Been going back and forth for a month looking at all kinds of new rig configs on all the big PC makers.So far DS has the best rep, build config, and products so they got my vote.The other sites maybe a little cheaper but poor people cant afford to be cheap.Atleast i know i bought the best and have no doughts this rig will last me a minium of 5 years.Placed my order a week ago and the rig is in stage 5 atm.God cant wait for this rig to show upCry Configuration:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Lian Li PC-P80B <b></b>
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz (Six-Core Gulftown)
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage III Extreme (Intel X58 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s) <b></b>
System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Dominator with DHX Low Latency Edition (CMP6GX3M3A1600C7) <b></b>
Power Supply: 1000W Corsair (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible) <b></b>
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 510 Series) <b></b>
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (64MB Cache) (Model: Black Edition)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: - No Thanks <b></b>
Optical Drive 2: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card(s): 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB (Includes PhysX Technology) <b></b>
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Noctua NH-D14 Extreme Performance (Does NOT fit on the regular EVGA X58 3X SLI) <b></b>
Xeo View Drop Down

Quote Xeo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 11:10am
I didn't know where else to post this, so I figured I'd post it here.

I stumbled upon this company/site just this morning while looking for a place to order a good, gaming quality custom built PC.

I'm not really experienced enough to build my own, as I only know how to do simple things like change video cards, hard drives and that sort of thing. So I needed to find a place to make me a good machine.

Of course the only place I really knew of was Alienware. I'd contemplated buying a nice gaming laptop from them, but then I began to realize since I really didn't care about the thing being portable, I'd probably be better off with a desktop.

But I wanted a company I knew I could trust, and get a good deal. Well while I don't yet have the cash to buy my machine, and probably won't until the beginning of next year, I think I've found my place.

This place seems more than adequate. I've been reading nothing but positive reviews about the customer service and the hardware itself. So I think when it comes time to order in a few months I'll be shopping here.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 1:35pm

Thank you for the kind words. We would love to have you as a customer. Big%20Smile

neilkaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote neilkaz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 3:58pm
@ Xeo

I've bought three different desk tops from DS over the last two years, and trust me, you'll be very happy with both the computer and the experience.

.. neilkaz ..
HAF932
i7-980X at 4.34 Ghz HT 24/7
GTX 275
6 MB STT DDR3 at 1628 MHz
Stage 4 cooling
Xeo View Drop Down

Quote Xeo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by neilkaz

@ Xeo

I've bought three different desk tops from DS over the last two years, and trust me, you'll be very happy with both the computer and the experience.

.. neilkaz ..

I strongly believe that after looking around the place for a while. Now I just can't wait to get the money together to start this journey.

I seriously looked through a lot of different options, Alienware, iBuyPower, Cyberpower, AVA, NCIX, etc. But in the end DSO seems to have won me over for multiple reasons. With an investment like this (I'm looking to spend roughly $3,000) I wanted to make sure I ended up with a company I could trust if something were to happen to go wrong.

DSO seems to fit that bill. I look forward to my dealing with them.
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Xeo

@ Xeo

.. neilkaz ..
I strongly believe that after looking around the place for a while. Now I just can't wait to get the money together to start this journey.I seriously looked through a lot of different options, Alienware, iBuyPower, Cyberpower, AVA, NCIX, etc. But in the end DSO seems to have won me over for multiple reasons. With an investment like this (I'm looking to spend roughly $3,000) I wanted to make sure I ended up with a company I could trust if something were to happen to go wrong.DSO seems to fit that bill. I look forward to my dealing with them.

hands down this is 100% accurate. This may sound wierd but you know how it feels when a computer breaks or isnt working. That feeling wont ever happen because you know digital storm will be there to make it right until its running 100%.
Xeo View Drop Down

Quote Xeo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 12:55am
Originally posted by RiceEatin2000GT

Originally posted by Xeo

@ Xeo

.. neilkaz ..
I strongly believe that after looking around the place for a while. Now I just can't wait to get the money together to start this journey.I seriously looked through a lot of different options, Alienware, iBuyPower, Cyberpower, AVA, NCIX, etc. But in the end DSO seems to have won me over for multiple reasons. With an investment like this (I'm looking to spend roughly $3,000) I wanted to make sure I ended up with a company I could trust if something were to happen to go wrong.DSO seems to fit that bill. I look forward to my dealing with them.

hands down this is 100% accurate. This may sound wierd but you know how it feels when a computer breaks or isnt working. That feeling wont ever happen because you know digital storm will be there to make it right until its running 100%.

Oh man, I know that feeling too well with this old outdated machine I'm on now. And it totally blows. It's a helpless almost apathetic feeling for me. Bordering on depression. I hate it. And when I first begin to realize something's wrong I get this hot panicky feeling.

I never want to experience those feelings again.
That's why I've been so careful of where to buy my upcoming PC. I've never been a PC gamer, only a console gamer, but that's strictly because I've never owned the hardware to do so. I really want to change that. I'm just hoping that by the time I can come up with the $3K or so I can still get a badass machine from here to run all the hottest games coming out. Hopefully this will be around February 2012.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 1:48am
youve picked the right place =)
Mojo View Drop Down

Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 3:10am
I heard about Digital Storm, and I was excited at first because of all the hype. However, I've looked around the site and forums. I am a little dumbfounded by all the great shining reviews, and I honestly must be missing something. I was configuring a system, and noticed the prices seems way too high. For example, I'd like to know how you justify charing $70 for Modern Warfare 2, it sells for $35 on amazon. The video card that I was looking at, GTX 570 for $400? That's $100 more than I'd pay for the part from newegg or amazon, hell I could probably get a better price at BestBuy. The cherry on top, Noctua 6 CPU cooler, $150 here, but it sells for $75 on amazon. You guys seem like you're gouging people on every single component. I'm just curious why people are so happy about it. Maybe someone needs to pass me a cup of that Kool-aid. I mean I read that the support is great and everything, and that sounds cool, but I mean honestly unless that support means oral sex then how are you justifying what seems like ridiculous up charges on everything?

I can only postulate that the reason you guys are so well reviewed is that anyone that has a clue laughs and quickly clicks away from the site never to give it a second thought much less a bad review.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 3:35am
you are obviously misinformed. How are you even coming up with 400$ for a gtx 570 or 150 for a noctua cooler, i would love to hear your logic. Try and configure a system and you'll see you get an excellent value here. Way cheaper than most company's unless you go on a particular site that wont be named here.
FuseAQM View Drop Down

Quote FuseAQM Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 5:02am
Erm, not to nit-pick, but those are almost the exact prices DS charges for those parts, Rice.

Each of those small up-charges is to cover the cost of building/testing/support. I don't see an assembly fee anywhere, and it comes with a 3yr warranty included. I haven't been able to find a good, trustworthy company to do it for less.

A friend and I had laughed pretty hard at the price for MW2, but why would anyone in their right mind buy their games from their PC builder? Or buy MW2, for that matter...

Edited by FuseAQM - 26 Aug 2011 at 5:05am
~Sometimes nothin' is a real cool hand.~
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 6:34am
To say this part costs X dollars, figuring it out the way he did is completely ass backwards. So with that logic your saying digital storm should build you a system for free based off neweggs prices just because you can buy ONLY that part for that price? The money they make off selling you a system is because they provide a service not mentioning all the other expenses you incur with running a large business(paying wages/insurance etc) is what you pay for not a 400$ gtx 570. I'm completely dumb founded at the logic. I urge you to go on falcon northwest or alienware and see how much they charge you for a video card ::::insert sarcasm here::::

Edited by RiceEatin2000GT - 26 Aug 2011 at 6:37am
Mojo View Drop Down

Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 11:09am

you are obviously misinformed. How are you even coming up with 400$ for a gtx 570 or 150 for a noctua cooler, i would love to hear your logic. Try and configure a system and you'll see you get an excellent value here. Way cheaper than most company's unless you go on a particular site that wont be named here.

Well, my logic looks a little something like this. If you look under CPU coolers, look at the Noctua and right beside it there is a (+ $150). The video card prices take a little math, you add the base fee for a video card from the system you elect to customize, and then you look at the GTX 570 and the +/- and you either add or subtract that number as indicated by the appropriate mathematical symbol. So, how am I misinformed?

Originally posted by FuseAQM

Erm, not to nit-pick, but those are almost the exact prices DS charges for those parts, Rice.

Each of those small up-charges is to cover the cost of building/testing/support. I don't see an assembly fee anywhere, and it comes with a 3yr warranty included. I haven't been able to find a good, trustworthy company to do it for less.

A friend and I had laughed pretty hard at the price for MW2, but why would anyone in their right mind buy their games from their PC builder? Or buy MW2, for that matter...

I would be perfectly okay with a reasonable up charge, but approaching double on too many things leaves me feeling like I might prefer that flat assembly fee, I guess. The three year warranty is awesome and more to the heart of what I was trying to figure out, but even that seems less than stellar in comparison. For example, the GTX 570 over clocked you can get from amazon comes with a lifetime warranty! PSU come with 7+ years of warranty. The list goes on.

As for MW2, they ought to do something about that. It was actually MW2 that made me throw my hands up okay that's enough. Not that I was really planning to buy the game period.

To say this part costs X dollars, figuring it out the way he did is completely ass backwards. So with that logic your saying digital storm should build you a system for free based off neweggs prices just because you can buy ONLY that part for that price? The money they make off selling you a system is because they provide a service not mentioning all the other expenses you incur with running a large business(paying wages/insurance etc) is what you pay for not a 400$ gtx 570. I'm completely dumb founded at the logic. I urge you to go on falcon northwest or alienware and see how much they charge you for a video card ::::insert sarcasm here::::

No, I am not saying that they should build systems for free. But how many components should I be willing to pay double for? CPU coolers, PSU, memory, ...? And back to the heart of it, what do I get for having done so? My warranty cut dramatically on many of those overpriced parts? I don't know.

But since you mentioned ass backwards, it's only okay for me to compare prices with people that charge more with no foggy clue about the RETAIL cost of those parts? I guess newegg and amazon have all gone into charity computer parts and don't profit at all? Is that what you're saying genius? I'm obviously not smart enough to think so good as you. :::::insert sarcasm here:::::
sdwas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sdwas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 11:35am
Of course you can build it yourself for less money. However, yourself is the key word. I think you need to compare apples to at least another comparable fruit (pear maybe). Compare a DS build to one from another reputable system builder [removed list of competitors, sorry we're a business after all -- Alex]. In most cases DS's prices are typically better. Furthermore, DS always uses high end parts. Finally, I cannot speak to the customer service at these other companies since I've never experienced it, however, I can say that it has been excellent here.

If you can find a custom built system some place else that is significantly less expensive than here, please enlighten us.

Edited by Alex - 29 Aug 2011 at 11:01pm
ODE Level 0
Intel Core i5 2500K CPU
8GB 1600MHz Memory
NVIDIA GTX 560 1GB
mikec View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote mikec Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 11:55am
The markup of the overall system is much less than double (maybe 25%), and equal to or better than competitors I've seen.

The DS warranty is for the system. You still get the manufacturer warranty on the components.
Mojo View Drop Down

Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 12:11pm
Thanks sdwas. I have kinda been shopping around, that's why I said that I was originally excited to find Digital Storm. I've custom built systems in the past, but I was hyped to find a company that used the high end parts that I want. That's always been my issue with the HP, Dell, Alienware companys is that they kinda cheap out on the parts as long as the system specs on the side of the box are there, who cares what's inside... Well, me. lol

Rice just annoys me with his bulldog-esque fanboy defensiveness. When I'm trying to figure out what exactly makes Digital Storm so attractive to what I gather is a group of similarly hardcore PC enthusiasts. I'd be lying if I said that it didn't kinda sour DS for me a little, and as tempted as I was to just say to hell with it and wander away I felt there might be something worth sticking around for here at DS. It's just tough to figure out what that might be with flies like Rice buzzing around. You're driving business away douche bag.

As for less expensive, [removed] does seem to have a little better pricing, but I can't see that they have the same reputation Digital Storm has, but again that still seems to be for intangible reasons, definitely not thanks inpart to the [removed direct profanity -- Alex] over there.

Edited by Alex - 29 Aug 2011 at 11:03pm
Mojo View Drop Down

Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 12:16pm
Mikec, you're the man. That's pretty much exactly what I was looking to figure out. If I can get three years on the whole thing and keep my component warranties, I'm okay with roughly 25% markup for the peace of mind. I have another question on that topic though, does the warranty lock me out of my case? For example, say hypothetically I'd like to add a couple sticks of memory once I get my new system, do I have to ship it back and wait, or can I just turn some screws and pop them in myself and still retain my warranty?
sdwas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sdwas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 12:33pm
Mojo, I'll try to address some of your points/concerns.

First of all, do not compare DS to [removed] or [removed]. Those systems may end up being a little less $ wise, although not necessarily. However, the components, build quality and support will not be close to comparable. That is the reason I did not include them in the list of other custom PC builders in my post above.

I do not believe adding your own components will void the warranty, unless it can be explicitly proven that they caused the problem in the first place. So adding your own memory, an additional GPU in SLI etc will not cause any problems. In fact, many people on these forums will advise you to custom build a system with only a single GPU and a motherboard that supports SLI. Then when needed, add your own GPU by purchasing it at Newegg, Amazon, etc to save money.

If price and quality are your major concerns, look at the ODE systems from DS (http://digitalstormonline.com/compspecialdeals.asp). You will not be able to beat these deals anywhere.

Finally, I can understand Rice's response to you since your original post could definitely be interpreted as an attack on DS. It was worded in such a way that seemed extremely judgmental and insulting to those who are DS customers and the company itself. With a post like that you had to expect similar responses.

Edited by Alex - 29 Aug 2011 at 11:04pm
ODE Level 0
Intel Core i5 2500K CPU
8GB 1600MHz Memory
NVIDIA GTX 560 1GB
Mojo View Drop Down

Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 12:48pm
I hear ya, but it wasn't really meant that way. It was like 3AM right before I went to bed. I can see how someone might read it that way, but I was really being more jokey than attacking. I mean who attacks someone with Kool-Aid, 'cept that Kool-Aid jug that's always bustin' stuff up to come through with the sugar-water. lol Then the first response that I read was that I should just be banned for questioning what for most people is a pretty big purchase. I don't mind paying for quality from a quality company, my last purchase was actually from Alienware where I dropped $5k on a laptop, and it's a good system, but I just don't think they're worth their markup on desktops.
mikec View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote mikec Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 12:49pm
+1 @sdwas about the warranty and upgrades.

And for the value of the ODE line. Markup is low (I think <10%). It's pre-built, but I think you can customize for a fee if you want them to do it.

Keep in mind the base DS warranty is for 3 years labor, 1 year defective parts.

DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Mojo

I hear ya, but it wasn't really meant that way. It was like 3AM right before I went to bed. I can see how someone might read it that way, but I was really being more jokey than attacking. I mean who attacks someone with Kool-Aid, 'cept that Kool-Aid jug that's always bustin' stuff up to come through with the sugar-water. lol Then the first response that I read was that I should just be banned for questioning what for most people is a pretty big purchase. I don't mind paying for quality from a quality company, my last purchase was actually from Alienware where I dropped $5k on a laptop, and it's a good system, but I just don't think they're worth their markup on desktops.

i apologize for the post but as you said your first post on a brand new forum could of easily been taken the wrong way. Im glad we could all be a bit more civil. FYI its hard to tell when people are joking on the internet.
FuseAQM View Drop Down

Quote FuseAQM Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 1:41pm
As a quick example of why I am really tempted to spend some of my already tight budget on a DS system over a home-built rig: http://www.digitalstormonline.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=13564

That kind of service is unmatched, especially at this price-point. I don't even have to send my PC back to get it fixed? That's brilliant. I literally just built an i7 system with SLI 570s, so I'm perfectly capable of it, but that build also had a bad stick of RAM, a bad CPU and still has issues with the SandForce controller on the SSD. Between cross-shipping and multiple full-afternoon trips to the nearest Fry's and MicroCenter it took a over a week to get it up and running (many of those days fully devoted to the build), took well over 10gal of gas, and the SSD still BSODs occasionally.

Or I could take a step down on one part or so and avoid all of those issues... It's incredibly tempting, even for a broke fool like me.

Edited by FuseAQM - 26 Aug 2011 at 1:44pm
~Sometimes nothin' is a real cool hand.~
Mojo View Drop Down

Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 2:06pm
Consider the hatchet buried Rice. It's all good, for what it counts I think your loyalty and defense of DS says something for the company.

Fuse, you've got a point there. Honestly, that's why I am here. I can and have built plenty of systems, but you pegged it. I've had bad video cards, memory sticks, CPU's, I've seen it all and none of it is a big deal, but it's definitely something I'd rather not have to deal with the run around on, for sure. I could theoretically order all my parts and slap them together with no problems, but seldom does life work out so perfectly in PC building.

On a different note, I see everyone around here opting for the i7, even the ODS systems mentioned above all come with the i7, but I'd pretty much made my mind up to go with the i5 2500k because it out performs the i7 2600k in gaming, the big difference being hyperthreading offered in the i7 which I see as unnecessary because I don't really do much/any video editing. Are there any considerations for the i7 as it pertains to gaming that I may not be aware of?

Edited by Mojo - 26 Aug 2011 at 2:07pm
mikec View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote mikec Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 2:36pm
i5 doesn't outperform overall, but it's decent given the price, for now.

As games get more multi-threaded (I think DX11 added or improved multi-threading; then there's all the stuff other than graphics the game does), the i7 will pull ahead. Also, the more background apps/OS stuff running, the more i7 will help.
pwcorgi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote pwcorgi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 3:51pm
I got kinda worried, but it's great that the drama got smoothed out.
In a way, it was good that a little bit of drama happened. I'm sure that Mojo isn't the first to believe the prices are high, but he actually put DS fans to the test. Thank you!

While working at a scout camp, I would come visit this site, partially to try to expose to others what a computer company, or any company, should be like. One staff member said I should build my own, or get one from some other company. I told him that DSO has kept a A+ rating with the BBB. I also told him that theoretically I could build my own, but I would need help with it. I don't drive so it wouldn't be worth it, when something messes up during the build.

I do wish that DSO had regular pc's as well, that way people could get DSO's excellent quality without having to get a gaming pc. I'm technically a borderline gamer, but I want a Digital Storm pc, because of their excellent quality & support.

Edited by pwcorgi - 26 Aug 2011 at 3:53pm
davep View Drop Down

Quote davep Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 12:42am
I don't consider myself a gamer. I do mostly graphic work in photoshop and video. I like to play WW2 games, so when that happens I want something good to use. I picked DSO, because gamers in general have higher standards and needsm, then the rest.

Next if I going to buy something I want it to be made by people who do it day in and day out.

On pricing you can go out and have a steak dinner and pay $25.00; yet how many times do use hear someone say, "How come you guys charge $25.00 for a steak dinner, when I can go to costco and get the same steak for $12.00?"

And how many of us get ripped off at the movies when we buy popcorn? How many times do we complain we are being overcharge?

When you buy any product which has quality and service, you are paying for it. Any product that is hand assembled in America, is labor you are paying for. Any product which is pressure tested uses equipment and expertise to perform these tasks. You don't complain about the steak. You don't complain about the popcorn. So why complain about what you are getting?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>