FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why should I purchase from Digital Storm?

Post Date: 2010-04-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  <12345 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
eleph View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eleph Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 3:42pm
I decided to buy a gaming PC from a different company. I looked at DS and thought I could get the same system elsewhere for a little bit cheaper. Unfortunately, that PC is going back after I experienced a minor problem which caused me to rethink the purchase overall.

Right now, I'm waiting for the UPS man to pick this one up. Also waiting for the DS sales rep to call me back so I can place my order! The three year warranty found here at DS cannot be beat! 
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by eleph

waiting for the DS sales rep to call me back

If you don't hear from us soon, feel free email Sarah, our senior sales rep, sarah@digitalstormonline.com

Edited by Alex - 14 Apr 2010 at 7:48pm
Bullseye View Drop Down

Quote Bullseye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 2:04am
Sarah is the best! She solves everyones problems!
Eric G. View Drop Down
Customer Service Supervisor

Quote Eric G. Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Bullseye

Sarah is the best! She solves everyones problems!

What about me? I solve problems too! Wink
Email Me
Call Me: 1-866-817-8676 EXT 151
Bullseye View Drop Down

Quote Bullseye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 4:31am
you all solve problems better than anyone I've ever seen!
redcut View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote redcut Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 12:32pm
I've had a desktop since April 2009 made by Digital Storm. All the components were top of the line at that time. TJ10 custom painted green, Intel quad 9770 water cooled, pair 280's, you get the pic.  DS put together w exactly what I wanted. 

Lots of heavy stuff. Like a rigged out sports race car, the new top of the line components are high maintenance.  Just the way it is. 

The pc I have has had 2 Nvidia 280's goof up, one in summer of 2009 and one this month. Alex, Eric, Richard all at DS took immediate care of me. Instead of shipping big heavy pc back I had friend at computer store diagnose prob, and sent only the faulty card to DJ, who replaced it w one that worked.

No 'this not our problem', delay, bureaucratic 'who did you talk to'  crap.  Just fast efficient warranty service w no hitches.

So if you are looking for a 'boutique' computer, before you go with another big company, when you compare prices remember to check reviews.  You'll see that DJ addresses tech probs head on and fixes right then. Other companies unmentioned do not. 

When I brag on DS it is not hype its the truth.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 1:51pm
@redcut,

I assume you meant to replace "DJ" with "DS"
redcut View Drop Down

Quote redcut Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 12:53pm
Alex forgive my typo. Yes I meant Digital Storm, 'DS".   So very sorry.

My First cousin is Danni Jo and DJ I use all the time.

DS all the way Jose.

You got me sold on Digital Storm..
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 3:03pm
Thumbs%20Up
Intrigue274 View Drop Down

Quote Intrigue274 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 6:05pm
Understanding where I am posting this and the relative objectivity that can be expected, my question is this....why DS?

It seems that it comes down to Customer Service and Quality - which are the two most important issues when deciding. 

Now, I agree that 90% of the time you get what you pay for - which means going with cyberpower...well good luck with that.  But when talking about a well built rig with great customer support, it seems that there are really two names that stand out to to me (and I could be way off).  First, there is ***** Gaming and then there is Digital Storm. 

My sincere question is, when comparing rigs or companies, what sets DS apart from ***** - or rather, what makes DS superior to *****?

Thanks,
R.
Cretae View Drop Down

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 2:16pm
I would like to reply to your post, but I must be obtuse or something because I don't know who StarStarStarStarStar Gaming is, exactly. I'm fairly new to the forums, but it seems to me we don't have to be that shy. Especially since you already mentioned Cyberpower.

I want to chime in because I spent about 9 months researching all my options for buying a system, and I think I learned a lot. First, I was waiting for Widows 7, and then I decided I might as well wait for my tax refund, so I could spend a little more. Ouch All things considered, I think I got a good deal from a classy company with a top of the line warranty. But the deal maker had to be the 4 months or so I spent lurking the forums. NO ONE disses this company! A complaint pops up every now and then, and is immediately addressed by posters, and then resolved by management! The true veterans of the forums, who have posted hundreds of times, never hesitate to refer people to DS staff, often by name, in full confidence they will defeat any issue in short order. That's not just "great" customer service, it is the DEFINITION of customer service. Any company that runs this good an operation and engenders this kind of loyalty, frankly has earned my money.

BTW, I haven't even got my system yet! It's 2 days away.
Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Intel Core i7 930 3.8GHz OC
EVGA X58 LE
6GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram
750W Corsair
1TB HDD
1x ATI RadeonHD 5870 1GB
Noctua Dual 120mm
I can make my mind think... anything....
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 8:35pm
Ermm
Alci View Drop Down

Quote Alci Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 May 2010 at 8:32am
I received my computer yesterday and had a little time to play with it. Honestly this is the first time getting a computer has made me say wow. Everything is perfect down to the temps which I checked with everest. Almost too good to be true :). I'll still be looking over my shoulder for a month or two, but if this experience turns out to be real, I will be a DS customer for life.
tp24890 View Drop Down

Quote tp24890 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 May 2010 at 12:52pm
I actually bought a computer from Cyberpower. The experience is one I DO NOT wish to go through again in this life time. I bought a computer costing me about $2,500. When the computer arrived it was horribly configured. The water cooling did not work, and they used a broken MB. Every time i turned on the pc, it would freeze. I sent many inquiries and had to wait weeks just to get a response. Also there "solutions" to my problems were absolutely ridiculous. I actually had one employee tell me that they used bad RAM to build my pc and that was the cause....

To make a long story short, DO NOT BUY FROM CYBERPOWER. ITS A WASTE OF YOUR TIME, MONEY, PATIENCE. And IF ANYTHING IS WRONG YOU HAVE TO PROVE THAT IT WASNT YOUR FAULT.
tp24890 View Drop Down

Quote tp24890 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 May 2010 at 12:58pm
i FORGOT THE MORAL OF THE STORY. GO DIGITAL STORM. IM BUYING ANOTHER COMPUTER FROM THEM NOW AS WE SPEAK LOL
VAMPIRE_MAGE View Drop Down

Quote VAMPIRE_MAGE Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 1:11am
dear digital storm i very new to this forum stuff and i am not a tech geek at all i am lookin to buy a laptop that is able to run at max performance for under 5 thousand dollars i am was looking at the dstrom 17 and i was wondering if that was the best possibility for a new laptop at top performance for editing music film and pictures and runnin an emulator called pear pc off of it

i would be connectin a 2 to 4 tb external memory to plug and play all software and i was seeing if the dstorm 17 was the best suit for me

all due respect lane and once again please u dumb langauge wen u talk wit me i wont understand computer talk

and another question was if i was to overclock (a buddy kinda told me wat that was) all the component to be overclocked how often would i need to replace components

i have a new market suggestion for you guys you everthing of putting LEDS or neons underneath the keyboard to back light or around the keys as like a ring or something like that juz an idea
THE VAMPIRE MAGE KING
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 2:47am
@VAMPIRE_MAGE,

We'll all be more than happy to help you, but, you will need to create a thread in the 'Configuration Discussion' or 'General Discussion' areas as the current thread you posted your message in is not related to why you should you purchase from Digital Storm.

Warmest Regards,
Alex
Patrick_DS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Patrick_DS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 9:11am
DigitalStorm... You had me at Hello, erm I meant free custom overclocking!

But seriously very first time I glanced at a DigitalStorm rig it immediately caught my attention! But initially their Black|Ops lineup is amazing but was just a tad bit out of my price range... Till DS came along with the 'Special Deal' systems which were priced aggressively to compete with the 'others' (this was another deciding factor for me) luckily I was able to catch the memorial day deal which offered the 4yr warrantly at no additional cost. But seriously these 'special deal' specs are awesome and with DS awesome build quality and customer service I see no reason to go elsewhere... unless you're easily distracted by flashy sites and the tease of free offers and what not, that I believe just tends to shroud the fact that the other company(s) performance and customer service (lack of a better word) sucks!

So as most of us did we shopped around the 'other known' botique stores... I believe it took me up to a solid three months to pick DS cause it took me that long to sit in the other forums and read about their rig performances once it was shipped as well as their customer service or lack thereof not only that but no matter if you have unlimited funds or if you worked and saved hard for your money if you're dropping 2K - 5K on a system that costs almost as much as a used car it is your duty to do your research before diving in! I know I do not need to name names as we all are pretty much aware which other botique stores are out there... To make a long story short, after reading up on the DS forums and drafting a build and posting it for advise, I was immediately assisted by the awesome and experienced forum members, these are not even the DS employees, just loyal and senior members that don't mind spending a little bit of their free time helping out new coming customers. and this is just the beginning...

Once I had my build of choice ordered and sent to DS for initial review, they're customer service system kicks in. They automatically send you an initial e-mail about the order confirmation as well as DS re-reviews your build from their side and makes sure that each component you have spec'd out works with everything else in the system you have selected. If that wasn't thorough enough, they offer you right away different options to contact them and they respond almost instantly (depending on how busy they are of course)...

Then if there were any changes/add-ons that you wanted done, all you have to do is contact them and you're invoice is sent back with the updated build spec and price change, you have to approve the changes first but thats a good security precaution on their side.

So far I have been dealing with Sarah, which like a couple of replies above said she is Fantastic! and they were training a new rep named Jessica she was cool as well... now I know I did not mention other names because I have not had direct interaction but If Sarah & Jessica's performance represents DS, then I can guarantee that you will have nothing to worry about Customer service wise and you can expect to be treated professionally with very satisfying results at the end...

That's the extent of my interaction with DS so far i'm stuck at Stage 3 of the build... But If you are a new comer and you're thinking in the back of your head like we all did before... stop contemplating and join the forums and see for yourself, you won't regret it!

-Patrick
Bullseye View Drop Down

Quote Bullseye Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 10:59am
Ya DS is pretty sick anyone who finds it is lucky!
Stormy View Drop Down

Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 12:49pm
So I've been thinking about just building my own computer when I ran across this site. I'm a big wcIII and SCII player and am looking for a high performance computer. Now, I don't know as much about pc's as some of these other guys but I do know that the fact that these computers actually come with a warranty that is BACKED is good thing. What I'm wondering is how good of a computer will I be able to get with a 1500.00 budget, my brain is almost fried from looking at so many so a little advice on what to get for a good price would be welcome. My  requirements are these:        i. Must have quad core processor or better
ii.Great graphics card
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 12:55pm
post in the config section with a little more detail on how you will use the computer and we will fix you right up
DeeJay55 View Drop Down

Quote DeeJay55 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 6:13pm
I wanted to add my customer service experience with DS. After 2 happy years my PSU  went bad. A new one was sent,but the computer still would not boot. After talking with tech support,it was determined the mobo. also was bad. Replacing the mobo was beyond my skills,so RMAing it was not an option. Alex gave me a good price for shipping the unit back to DS.I admit I was impatient about getting the computer back,but it was worth the wait.. Not only was the PSU&mobu replaced,but also the 500mb hardrive. I received the unit on 8/18 and was very impressed with the work that was done. The computer is like brand new!   I am totally impressed with the quality of DS tech support&customer support. You can be sure that my next system will be from DS!                                
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 7:34pm
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 4:13pm
I found DS very easy to do business with. I posted my system in a thread and DSTME came back with his Seal of Approval. I placed the order on line and never had to talk to a sales or tech person. About as easy as it gets.

Frank
danewheeler View Drop Down

Quote danewheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 10:52am
Hello Kraven and anyone else choosing between Cyberpower (CP) and Digital Storm (DS).  I have never bought from DS but I have bought from CP and I made a great rig except the fact that the thing rarely ever worked for more than a matter of minutes at a time (sometimes more than 20 BSOD's a day).  I did repairs on this thing for a year now because I got tired of having to send it back to CP everytime I received it back ( I eventually ended up buying my own parts from newegg to fix my probs as well).  I guess the good thing was that I got good at fixing my PC LOL.  However, my suggestion is that unless you like pulling out your hair and replacing almost every part of your machine for CP then do not buy from them.  I am not saying this in any defense for DS because I do not know their customer service and quality of work but I know CP and I am thoroughly disgusted with them.  oh and the Warranty at CP is only for a year which is not what they advertise (read the fine print I guess). 
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 11:32am
I just wanted to correct the fact that our '3 Year Limited' Warranty has life-time customer support, 3 years of labor coverage for service jobs, and 1 year on part replacements. This is also covered clearly in our 'Warranty Information' page under the 'Company' tab at the top of the website: http://www.digitalstormonline.com/warranty.asp

Anyone can always upgrade the parts coverage to a two year for only $99 more, or even three years for $199 more.

Also, we do extensively test all of the components inside every system before they leave the facility. If there are any defective components, a majority of them are weeded out during testing at our facility. Some may pass our tests now and fail later, and that usually happens before the first year of service anyways.

The reason why we state a 'Limited' warranty in this fashion is because we've had many individuals ask us why our pricing was higher than some of our competition and they didn't understand the difference between a '3 Year Limited' warranty and a '3 Year Platinum' warranty. We decided to level the playing field in order to offer lower starting price points.

We're working on a new easier to use 'configurator' which will directly have a link to our 'Warranty Terms' page to ensure anyone that is interested in more details of the 'Limited' converge can quickly and easily read up on it.
Alnduin View Drop Down

Quote Alnduin Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 7:13pm
Hello all.  I've been looking for a new gaming rig for a long time, and have been shopping around trying to find the best computer for the best price.  I stumbled upon DS, and after researching the company and it's reviews, as well as stalking the forums, I have come to the conclusion that DS will provide me with the computer I'm looking for.  I can't wait to order my new rig tomorrow! 

PS: Thanks to the DS customer service for putting up with my silly questions.
"You can't always get what you want; but if you try sometimes you get what you need." -- Rolling Stones
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 7:21pm
realisticallyideal View Drop Down

Quote realisticallyideal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 7:26pm
I can't wait to have enough money to be able to purchase one of the beautiful systems you guys make!

It's always said that a happy customer only tells one or two and a dissatisfied customer tells ten, or however that goes, but just from perusing the forums, customer reviews, professional reviews, and customizing a PC, one just falls in love with such an amazing company and would tell tens upon tens to only shop here!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 7:27pm
thanks for the praise!
maxyme View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote maxyme Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by realisticallyideal

I can't wait to have enough money to be able to purchase one of the beautiful systems you guys make!

you have no clue how hard the wait is! haha but it will definitely be worth it in the end. (I'm still waiting for the money for mine)
Steam:pcmaster160
Kaleliar View Drop Down

Quote Kaleliar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 5:13pm
try it when youve had a system and have to ship it in... im going from a i7 @ 3.33 to a dual core that runs @ 2GHz
Rock: "We're sub-standard DPS. Nerf Paper, Scissors are fine."
Paper: "OMG, WTF, Scissors!"
Scissors: "Rock is OP and Paper are QQers. We need PvP buffs."
maxyme View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote maxyme Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 8:37pm
haha i'm doing that but going from that to a ds computer. going back down from a ds computer sounds terrible though!
Steam:pcmaster160
redcut View Drop Down

Quote redcut Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 12:49pm
In April of 2008 after intense comparison and research w all the boutique pc companies I went w Digital Storm for a mother of a gaming pc.  At the time as big and first tier as they could be.

Q9770, 1200 PS, Sli pair 280's,custorm painted case.  All top of line in 2008.  I absolutely love this machine.  When you get cutting edge components, you also have to deal w a little tweaking. 

I just got back my TJ10 ESA hunter green machine after service from DS.  They absolutely do what they say, put their money where their port is, honor their committment.  They REPLACED  the pair of 280's w a pair of new 285's.  They took out the old MB, even though it showed to be ok and replaced w a new one at my request, to make sure machine was functioning at 100%.

When you go to buy a designer machine, make sure that you're getting the 'insurance', and that the company will honor it.  You may be able to find a build a little cheaper, but will that company answer their service line like they do the sales?  Will they fix the machine like it was their own? 

Quality in gaming computers is not just flash and dash.  Quality is endurance and longivity.

DS is a rarity in PC builders, technical knowhow, good price and service.  They honor and do what they say.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 2:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>