FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which Desktop to buy and what level?

Post Date: 2014-04-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HtownGamer View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote HtownGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Which Desktop to buy and what level?
    Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 6:46pm
Hello I'm new to these forums and I've been shopping around for a good gaming desktop because my gaming laptop about a year ago started overheating, powering itself off,and the screen has also burnt itself out, (I can't even play Minecraft without this thing overheating) and I came across this website. I'm very thorough when shopping and I've been reading the forums and I'm very impressed with the customer service everyone seems to receive here compared to people who buy I (-competitor name removed- Nav) and other gaming pc companies. So I want to ask a couple of questions.

I've been browsing the Vanquish II series gaming desktops and I wanted to know which one would be best for my type of gaming. I'm either considering the Level 2 or Level 3 Vanquish II and I'm somewhat on a budget so If I can get away with getting Level 2 I will but If its worth it to save up for the Level 3 I will do so.So basically I play MMO's, RPG's, and RTS on my computer such as Guild Wars, League of Legends, Rift, Knights of the Old Republic, Skyrim, Civilization Series, Age of Empires, and there have been a lot more RTS games that I have been wanting to play but have been hindered from because of my current predicament.

So if anyone can help me with these points I would be MOST grateful also im open to other builds as long as its not over $1,100 I guess would be the most I would dedicated towards a new computer. Sorry for the long post just want to be sure I'm buying the right system for my play style.

Edited by Nav - 21 Apr 2014 at 6:51pm
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 6:49pm
First of all, welcome to the forums!

In terms of which model is best for you, it seems like the level 2 would do the job but the level 3 would allow you to turn up the graphics much higher. It really depends on how much graphics quality matters to you.

What resolution monitor do you play on? That might help make the decision easier.

Edited by Nav - 21 Apr 2014 at 6:51pm

Quote HtownGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 6:56pm
I would like to play on High if possible, also I'm currently using my 24" LCD TV 1080p (res at 1360x768) as a screen since my laptop screen burnt out so I'm probably going to buy a new monitor as well for the desktop so I can dedicate the TV to my console and stop switching between the two.

Edited by HtownGamer - 21 Apr 2014 at 6:58pm
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 6:58pm
The Level 2 should do the job for Skyrim and such but with RTS games, the CPU can be a bottleneck. I recommend getting the Level 3 if you are heavy on the RTS games.

Quote HtownGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Nav

The Level 2 should do the job for Skyrim and such but with RTS games, the CPU can be a bottleneck. I recommend getting the Level 3 if you are heavy on the RTS games.

Empire: Total War is the dream RTS game I am trying to play would the Level 3 be able to play that?
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 9:12pm
Empire: Total War is a pretty old game (2009), a level 2 would play it fine.

Quote HtownGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 9:29pm
Alright thank your quick responses and for all your help and time! I will probably go with the Level 3 so I can play future RTS games I will definitely be buying my new pc from y'all. Everyone was definitely right about the customer sservice it is outstanding! Looking forward to doing business soon.
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by HtownGamer

Alright thank your quick responses and for all your help and time! I will probably go with the Level 3 so I can play future RTS games I will definitely be buying my new pc from y'all. Everyone was definitely right about the customer sservice it is outstanding! Looking forward to doing business soon.

No problem! Thank you for choosing Digital Storm.
chrisn View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote chrisn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 5:40am
I got the level 3 vanquish.

You will not be disappointed.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 7:00am
The level 3 is definitely worth the extra money.  Strong     The graphic card alone is a 40% boost in gaming, plus you get the 4 core cpu vs dual core in the level 2.  Plus a better, larger power supply for any future upgrades.

Quote HtownGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 8:46am
Yea I'm pretty set on that level 3 now pretty sure that's what I'm going to get thank you for your feedback on your personal buys!
 Post Reply Post Reply