Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Website Updates
    Posted: 03 Sep 2007 at 7:49pm

We had some free time to do some updates to the Digital Storm website during labor day!

We now have a much more detailed comparison amoung the various case options. Check that out by clicking on the comparison link under the drop down box for cases.

We have also added links to the video card and cpu comparison charts directly under the processor and video card drop down menus.

We also fixed the issue of the "i" button only showing generic information for configurations that were loaded from a ticket number.

Edited by Alex - 03 Sep 2007 at 7:49pm
Bill the Cat View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Sep 2007 at 9:09pm
Alex,

This is big improvement! I'd suggest one little tweak to the Case Comparison Chart; include the manufacture and model. That info is in the case "i" window, but it would be nice to put it in the chart as well.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2007 at 9:35pm
Where do the star ratings, on the page where you select among the 8 gaming computer starting configurations, come from ?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2007 at 12:21am

From the random customers that are selected to rate our service after the purchase. These are sent after 2 months from date of delivery.

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2007 at 12:21am
True, but, yet again, some people tend to get confused with two names. We try to keep it simple for everyone. I'll see what we could do.

Originally posted by Bill the Cat

Alex,

This is big improvement! I'd suggest one little tweak to the Case Comparison Chart; include the manufacture and model. That info is in the case "i" window, but it would be nice to put it in the chart as well.

Edited by Alex - 05 Sep 2007 at 1:12am
Minion View Drop Down

Quote Minion Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2007 at 6:42pm
Nice, the case comparison looks great.

Edited by Minion - 05 Sep 2007 at 6:42pm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Sep 2007 at 12:20pm
Alex,

After seeing ItalianPker's YouTube video of his new computer, it struck me how cool it would be if DSO did something similar on your web site. It could be something as simple as a case slowly spinning on a turntable or as fancy as a simulated TV commercial.

Maybe low res video isn't the best way to show off the products. Adding a gallery of product photos might work better. The small pictures you've got on the web site now are a start, but larger pictures, and more of them, would  really show off what the systems are like.

Edited by Bill the Cat - 23 Sep 2007 at 12:27pm
GruntMaster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GruntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Sep 2007 at 9:17pm
If shooting multiple shots to allow the case to spin is too difficult you can always go the easy route and just add one or two other shots each...one from the back and one from the side.

One other thing that is missing is a note that specifies whether or not the door can be opened without tools. I bought the LITE and don't like it because it requires a screwdriver to remove the side panel. It does look cool, but it should be improved on by adding a panel door that can be unfastened and removed with out tools.
E6850 [email protected]
nVidia 680i LT
750W Thermaltake
250GB HD
2GB DDR2 Corsair 800Mhz XMS2
GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 9:10pm
Thank you Bill and Grunt for the ideas, we are definitely going to look into applying these soon!
 Post Reply Post Reply