Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: website suggestions
    Posted: 13 Jul 2008 at 5:07pm
i was going to start this in the stormdrain since they are all technically negative, but i mean them as suggestions not complaints so this is where i landed

the video on the config page; the problem i have with this is not the video itself but its presentation. being on the build page constantly and having a blaring techno song start every single time you hit the page is just not cool

while its far from pressing, i did find humor in the fact that the "upgrade" video goes from laggy CS:S to fast 1.6... while this barely matters, most people who call themselves gamers are savvy enough to catch that youre going about 5 years backwards in game gens and then getting perfect fps Smile

definately a cosmetic thing, but i think the main page and other pages should have a heavier focus on the forums, i know that for a lot of people, finding the forums made the difference in choosing DSO

the incomplete / outdated front page; not sure if maybe its going to be fixed when the new sections of the site open or something but the Intel/amd section is both dated and kind of confusing without any links or pictures or anything

and i know that everyone is long since sick of hearing it.. but what happened to red? this site is starting to look a scary amount like every other custom computer site ive seen Sleepy
Bismark View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Bismark Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2008 at 5:50pm
I agree I cant stand website music, its easy enough to turn it off but still annoying as hell. Possibly put the gaming videos on a click to play basis to solve that, if you want to watch it you can.

The new gameplay footage I also agree, its like putting my lcd tv next to my grandmas console set and saying look at this its way better, possibly it could be used to demonstrate in a larger format. Like a commentary, with these components you get this image on this setting, vs with these components you get this performance. Tends to be a better illustration and goes more with a customer service oriented company like DS, we show you what these can do.

I agree 100 percent about the forums, it in my case sold me on DS. Several people with a wealth of info offering advice and more over support on all issues computer related or not, give DS a comunity feel to it. Huge selling point for me, once I get my rig if I need help setting somthing up I feel great about having a place to come and ask questions... its reassuring.

The last thing about the front page, I dont really understand it myself so I have no comments or suggestions.

My only other reccomendation would be to have at least one open framework configurator, where you could choose a 780i or a 790i etc etc, I know that can cause alot of incompatibility issues and i think thats why its done the way it is but I found it frustrating at times while working out my system to have to jump around.

Good topic !ender, I dont see it as a dig post but a way to get constructive critism out there.
Asus Rampage Formula
Core 2 Quad Q9550
2 ATI Radeon HD4870 Crossfire
4GB Corsair DHX 1066
1000W Corsair HX
DS 850Si

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 2:10am
!ender_, I thank you for creating this thread.

You bring up some good points. Let me see how we can organize everything to make everyone happy.

Cheers,
Alex
MrNanite View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote MrNanite Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 8:55am
I know that some of the web sites I visit have the video/imbedded-whatever running and you have to click something to turn the audio *ON*.  Might be a suggestion to look at.  Take care of both sides.
dc0m View Drop Down

Quote dc0m Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 9:31pm
May I ask, what's the name and artist of the song used in the video on the gaming computers page. It's addicting.
Nickdapimp View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Nickdapimp Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 11:03pm
WOWWWWWWWW

revive.

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 1:10am
It's actually our own. It's been designed for us Smile.
 Post Reply Post Reply