FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Virtue level 2 vs Vanquish Level 4: Seems Cycnical

Post Date: 2014-10-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Arisen View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Arisen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Virtue level 2 vs Vanquish Level 4: Seems Cycnical
    Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 5:50pm
Recently I purchased the virtue level 2 with a built in wifi adapter. When you compare both the vanquish II level 4 and Virtue level 2 base models where is the $271 gap coming from? From what I saw the only difference is that the vanquish II level 4 has ASUS Z97-P (Intel Z97 Chipset) (No SLI Support) and the Virtue level 2 has ASUS Z97M-PLUS (Intel Z97 Chipset) (MATX). Can the difference in the motherboard and an added wifi adapter ($49 dollars) give a difference of $222?

Note: $25 dollars will be taken off of the virtue level 2 making the difference $197.

Vanquish II level 4
$1399

Virtue level 2

$1670

Edited by Arisen - 15 Oct 2014 at 5:53pm
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 3:10am
Hi Arisen... Congrats on your new rig.

Here's my take on the difference...... The price difference is a perfect example of DS making the Vanquish line for best bang for your bucks.   They are pre built, ready to ship and DS has said it's purposely priced to move. They can build them ahead of time, and move them faster out the door and save the customer some money. Good business sense.    If it meets your needs, the Vanquish will always beat their other lines, part for part.

The Virtue is a Custom build, where DS builds them one on one, allowing a ton of options, where Vanquish is as-is. Obviously, if all the parts match, or close, the Vanquish is the better choice. It's designed that way.

Hope this helps.

Arisen View Drop Down

Quote Arisen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi Arisen... Congrats on your new rig.

Here's my take on the difference...... The price difference is a perfect example of DS making the Vanquish line for best bang for your bucks.   They are pre built, ready to ship and DS has said it's purposely priced to move. They can build them ahead of time, and move them faster out the door and save the customer some money. Good business sense.    If it meets your needs, the Vanquish will always beat their other lines, part for part.

The Virtue is a Custom build, where DS builds them one on one, allowing a ton of options, where Vanquish is as-is. Obviously, if all the parts match, or close, the Vanquish is the better choice. It's designed that way.

Hope this helps.

Hi bprat22,
Still seems that the Virtue level 2 needs some type of update to keep it relevant.Can't see a reason for this big gap in price. If it was around an extra $100 in cost, I could understand but $200? Even if there is a bit of a difference in just the motherboard. I appreciate the response.
I'm a little on edge because of the complaints against digitalstorm, and I was hoping to do a review of the system.( I'm a first time customer at digitalstormonline)

Edited by Arisen - 16 Oct 2014 at 5:09pm
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 2:44am

2 things, if I may... the price gap is the difference between pre-built, ready to ship, and custom built.  That they are only $200 apart is amazingly small as to the amount of man-hours DS has to use to custom build the machine.  I beleive you are basing your observations on the parts cost alone and missing the assembly costs.

DS has to charge extra for man hours to stay in business.  For that they can not be faulted.

The second point I'd like to ask about...  where do you see complaints against Digital Storm?  The business holds an A+ rating with the BBB.  Currently holds a 9.9+ rating on the site that rates resellers and is widely recognized for their builds from Forbes to PC Gamer Magazine.  (See "Large Pixel Collider")  Even Intel themselves, when they wanted to show off their new processor, sent a Digital Storm machine to the YouTube tech girl iJustine.  Get that.. INTEL sent her a Digital Storm rig with their processor.  INTEL could choose any machine made today to showcase their chips;  They chose Digital Storm. 

Go figure.

I hope these points can reassure you that DS is the company for you.

Cheers.

Post Reply Post Reply