FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Viper issues with Webcam & Mic

Post Date: 2014-06-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Totoro View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Viper issues with Webcam & Mic
    Posted: 23 Jun 2014 at 8:37pm
Hey everyone!
I got a DS Viper laptop in december of 2013 and it is an amazing piece of hardware, and I love it. However, there has been one persisting issue that I just want to be able to solve before I go off to college in the fall. Even when it was brand new, there was this problem. When on skype or any other video chat app, the image from my webcam was strangely dark. I turned on every light in my room, and it barely was light enough to be called brighter than dim. I turned a 40 watt lamp right in front of my face, and the image was still not completely illuminated. It isn't an internet problem either, as no other computer has had this problem. Also, the built in microphone appears to be barely functioning. Unless I yell and put my face right up to where the mic is, it does not register. Even then, it is very quiet on the other end. I've messed around with the microphone volume and boost, and even then it is quiet, except now with a huge amount of ambient noise. If anyone has a software fix for this I'd love to knoiw it, and if not, maybe Alex can let me know of the process needed to send in the computer to DS for fixes.
Thank you!If any other questions, please ask!
For SCIENCE!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 12:11am
Hi Totoro,

I suggest trying to re-install the web cam software/drivers and checking the microphone boost settings.

Can you email me your serial number and order number of your laptop? My email is: [email protected]
Totoro View Drop Down

Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 2:09pm
How would I go about reinstalling the webcam drivers Alex? ( <-- windows newbie(ish) here)
I've been messing around with my microphone settings and nothing's changed. Mic volume is at 100 and the boost at 20db and still barely anything.

Edited by Totoro - 24 Jun 2014 at 2:10pm
For SCIENCE!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 2:13pm
I'll work with you via email and connect you with our team.
Totoro View Drop Down

Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 7:41pm
This is from a long time ago, but I remembered just now to post the results of my work with Alex >.< His emails were very prompt and helpful, and we got the webcam brightness issue largely solved. However, the mic is still spotty despite both of our best efforts, though it may be skype itself that's causing the problem.
For SCIENCE!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 3:05am
Thanks for the feedback.
 Post Reply Post Reply