FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VanquishII Level 2 concerns

Post Date: 2014-03-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lumiair View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Lumiair Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: VanquishII Level 2 concerns
    Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 9:47am
Budget:
~$950 part of the budget will have to go towards a monitor.

Expectations:
Being able to play WoW, Diablo, LoL on high-ultra.

Usage:
Gaming/casual web browsing

Special Needs:
Converting from an iMac so I'm used to an all in one*

I'm aware it doesn't come with wifi capabilities but unfortunately I don't have any other option with my current setup. Would I be hindering the system much in way of performance to just get a USB adaptor or would it be fairly simple to install one myself? (Not too experienced in this department)

Another thing I'm not certain on is does it have Bluetooth capabilities? I'd really prefer to keep the keyboard I currently use.

Anything else I should be concerned about that I'm overlooking?

Thank you very much for your time,
Clint

danjw1 View Drop Down

Quote danjw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 10:07am
USB 2.0 has an effective throughput of upto 280Mbps, which is faster then most internet connections in the US. So no, you shouldn't have an issue.

As far as Bluetooth, it does not have internal an internal Bluetooth radio. But, you can do this with a USB device as well. There are USB WiFi + Bluetooth devices available.

We could better comment on your ability to run the games that you ask about if we knew the resolution of the monitor you intend to run.

I honestly don't play any of the games you mention, but I am doubtful that the Vanquish II L2 will be able to hit Ultra quality on them.   It is a lower mid-range system.
Lumiair View Drop Down

Quote Lumiair Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 10:42am
Originally posted by danjw1

USB 2.0 has an effective throughput of upto 280Mbps, which is faster then most internet connections in the US. So no, you shouldn't have an issue.

As far as Bluetooth, it does not have internal an internal Bluetooth radio. But, you can do this with a USB device as well. There are USB WiFi + Bluetooth devices available.

We could better comment on your ability to run the games that you ask about if we knew the resolution of the monitor you intend to run.

I honestly don't play any of the games you mention, but I am doubtful that the Vanquish II L2 will be able to hit Ultra quality on them.   It is a lower mid-range system.

Thank you, that's good to know! And I can certainly live without ultra.

I'd prefer to run at 2560 x 1440 as I'm used to that, but with my budget most likely 1920x1200.
Counsel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Counsel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Lumiair

Thank you, that's good to know! And I can certainly live without ultra.

I'd prefer to run at 2560 x 1440 as I'm used to that, but with my budget most likely 1920x1200.

Good news - TechPowerUp benchmarked the GTX 750 Ti on both Diablo III and World of Warcraft, so you can get a sense of what the Vanquish 2 will pull.

Diablo III
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_750_Ti/16.html
Judging by the 1600P numbers, you'll be able to max all settings and still average 60fps @ 1440P. At 1080P, you're looking at 87fps.

World of Warcraft
Again, judging by the numbers 1600P numbers, you'll hit somewhere around 50fps @ 1440P. At 1080P, you're looking at 57fps. That's on Ultra.

Keep in mind that you probably won't hit those numbers in raids and other crowd situations, as those tend to be limited by your CPU and not your GPU. The i3 4330 is a respectable CPU, so you shouldn't end up falling in the Ironforge Trench, but I wouldn't recommend trying to PvP in major cities.

TechPowerUp's Test Bench
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_750_Ti/6.html
 Post Reply Post Reply