FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish--what level is needed

Post Date: 2014-09-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bendrake View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bendrake Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish--what level is needed
    Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 3:56pm
I'm looking at the vanquish for my first desktop PC in ages. I'm a casual gamer playing games like--wow, Guild wars 2, CS GO, Skyrim)...a occasional session lasting more then an hour or so.
This will mostly be used with ableton live, and music production. I am serenely pleased with my laptop purchase from Digital Storm, so I hope to be a returning customer. Thanks for your time in advance!

Ariktu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ariktu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 4:16pm
I am assuming that the level 4 will move to a GTX 970 once the GTX 770's are gone since that card has been discontinued.

In which case if you can manage a level 4 when that change happens that would be the one I would get.
Snaike View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: Today at 2:03am

I would, as well, like to point out if you have the budget for it, the Ultimate Vanquish II would be the best bang for your buck.  I have played Skyrim (heavily modded) and even at the worst of times can pull 45fps. (As for length of gaming sessions, for the first 30some days of owning this machine, I put in 300+ in Skyrim.)  The only games I am currently playing that stress the Lvl4 with the 770 are games such as Rust that are not optimized yet.  I have full faith that when the game is released as optimized I won't see those problems again.

And, as Ariktu mentioned, DS has a stock of GTX770s that they have to go through before they can install the new 970s.  If you wish to wait until then, it's your call.  But the 770s are still one heck of a GPU.

To answer your question directly, which level Vanquish to get:  Again, if your budget allows, the Ultimate Level 4.
Vanquish II Ultimate
The Budget Beating Beast
 Post Reply Post Reply