FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish II Questions

Post Date: 2014-08-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
redred98 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote redred98 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish II Questions
    Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 12:40am
So I've been looking all over the web for a few weeks and searching for a gaming computer with a couple specific ideas in mind.

My budget is, at the most, $1200 but the Vanquish II Level 3 seems to be the best fit

I'm going to have a three screen set up, running ESO on the middle screen with probably websites and others stuff on the other two monitors.. Is the level 3 enough to accomplish this and make it function well? I already bought the monitors and am buying a computer when i get paid in a few days.

Also, does anyone know if DS will tweak the setup for you? I cant stand windows 8 and would much rather have it ship Windows 7. Also, if it's possible to up the size of the harddrive to 2TB without going over my budget that would help a lot too..

Answers and any other advice is much appreciated

Thanks Guys xx
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 12:57am
The others can poke in here and give you specific benchmarks for the GTX760 v the GTX770 (in the lvl 4)...  As far as running multiple monitor setup is concerned.

What I can tell you is the ALL of the Vanquish models are prebuilt, preconfigured and ready ship.  There is no customization in this line of machines to make the price point so attractive.  IIRC, the Vanquish line is bloatware free but comes with Win8.1.

That's the answer, now for the advice... if you're going with the Vanquish, and it's in your budget, get the Ultimate edition.  Around $250 more than the lvl 3, but you're getting the SSD, cooler and the nvidia GTX770.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forums.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 3:42am
Either the gtx 760 in level 3 or gtx 770 in level 4 can run the 3 monitors.   I don't know that game, but the monitor's resolution matters what you can play smoothly at higher resolutions.   Plus, other monitors being used, even low level stuff, still takes away from the main monitors performance.

I'd get the best you can afford.   The gtx 770 is about 20% better than the gtx 760.
danjw1 View Drop Down

Quote danjw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 6:27am
If it is just web browsing and mail, that sort of thing, you could put at one of the monitors on the CPU's GPU. There is a DVI-D port on the motherboard that supports up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz. That would offload at least one of the secondary monitors from the Nvidia GPU.
 Post Reply Post Reply