FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish II Potential Purchase Advice

Post Date: 2014-12-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Silver87 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Silver87 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish II Potential Purchase Advice
    Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 2:56pm
Greetings Digital Storm forums, I hope I can find some advice here in my PC endeavors.

Let me preface my post by saying I'm computer illiterate, literally the most complicated thing I know how to do is take off the side of the case and clean it out with some canned air and even that makes me nervous. Big%20Smile

That out of the way onto my question.

I'm looking to get a new computer and I've heard good things about Digital Storm and Vanquish II.

What I'd like to do with this computer is play World of Warcraft at high/Ultra settings and not drop below 30 FPS in a raiding environment and hopefully maintain better out in the world.

I'm not really a PC gamer, I won't be playing anything cutting edge. The only other games that will likely grace this PC will be D3, L4D2, Hearthstone and perhaps Minecraft.

That's what I'm looking to do with it.

The Vanquish II Level 3 breaks my admittedly limited budget by a couple hundred bucks after shipping so I'd like to ask if the Vanquish II Level 2 would accomplish what I'm looking for. The Level 2 just barely doesn't bust my budget. Heh.

Mostly I'm concerned about being able to play WoW on the higher settings and have this PC last another two expansions without having to drop below medium settings at least.

My only concern with the Level 2, aside from the already mentioned questions, is that I've heard AMD isn't exactly great. And by heard I mean I've read it on a few tech forums, again not computer savy myself. Confused

That's all I suppose, that and any other advice you all may have.

Thank you very much for you time.
Ariktu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ariktu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 10:04am
AMD does not perform as well with their CPU's in Wow so I would not suggest getting a system with one for raiding in Wow.

Really an Intel CPU is what you want for Wow.

If the level 3 is out of your price range you could buy the level 2 and just reduce settings to try and get decent FPS in raids.

Even with the Level 3 you likely would need to drop shadows down a step or two in 20+ man raids.
Silver87 View Drop Down

Quote Silver87 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Ariktu

AMD does not perform as well with their CPU's in Wow so I would not suggest getting a system with one for raiding in Wow.

Really an Intel CPU is what you want for Wow.

If the level 3 is out of your price range you could buy the level 2 and just reduce settings to try and get decent FPS in raids.

Even with the Level 3 you likely would need to drop shadows down a step or two in 20+ man raids.

I'm already running with a computer that I have to drop the settings on in raids to get decent FPS, if the level 2 can't handle at least the High setting in WoW then it's probably not worth it.

And yeah most people with great rigs have to drop shadows down in raids, that's not really a worry.

So sounds like level 2 may not be worth it.

If anyone else has any input I'd appreciate it.
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 4:42pm
You're going to want the level 3 or 4 if you are looking for a strict WoW machine that will handle raiding.
Silver87 View Drop Down

Quote Silver87 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Nav

You're going to want the level 3 or 4 if you are looking for a strict WoW machine that will handle raiding.

Well level 4 is out of the question.

We'll see then I guess, thanks for the info.
Kaelara View Drop Down

Quote Kaelara Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 9:01pm
I am going to offer you a different perspective ,y last gamer rig was good and I would still be using it if the MOBO had not gone bad

The Processor was an AMD 6 Core Black Box edition, and it played WoW without any hiccups. I am an active raider.. I was able to play with most setting on high to ultra and rarely had any issues FPS was between 30-90 Depending on what was on the Screen

I am not saying the Vanquish 2 build 2 will achieve the same results, but that AMD is not total garbage when it comes to WoW.

However if your want a computer that can handle even WoW at Ultra most of the time your going to have to spend a bit more than 500$. That is the sad truth of it. So I would say save your pennies a bit longer, ask for money for Christmas and then buy the Build 3.

good luck
Kaelara

Velox
Asus X99 Rampage V
Intel i7-5820k 3.3
16G DD4 2800Mhz Ram
2x SLI Dual Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 4GB Asus Strix Edition
Corsair H110 280mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler

Post Reply Post Reply