FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish II Level 4 questions

Post Date: 2014-08-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rockcem View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish II Level 4 questions
    Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 11:33am
Hello! I am set on buying a Digital storm Vanquish II computer. I just have a couple questions, Should I wait an extra 2 weeks to buy an Level 4 or just buy level 3, Is a level 4 really worth it?

Also I bought an Asus VG248QE and I was wondering if Vanquish Level 3 or 4 could take advantage of the 144Hz?
danjw1 View Drop Down

Quote danjw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 2:34pm
That honestly depends on if you can stand to wait. If you really need something now, you should do it now. Here is a list of benchmarks comparing the two GPUs: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1038?vs=1037.

The frame rate will vary depending on settings you use and what games you play. The benchmarks I linked to above should give you a pretty good idea of what kind of frame rates to expect from different types of games.
Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by danjw1

That honestly depends on if you can stand to wait. If you really need something now, you should do it now. Here is a list of benchmarks comparing the two GPUs: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1038?vs=1037.

The frame rate will vary depending on settings you use and what games you play. The benchmarks I linked to above should give you a pretty good idea of what kind of frame rates to expect from different types of games.
Hm it looks a lot better on the GTX 770, but what I want to really know is, is the SSD and upgraded cooler worth it because I also I have to buy a wifi adapter as I cannot use wired. For me I can live with the GTX 760 but like I said is SSD and a cooler really worth the extra $250+?
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 9:44pm
Yes.

Yes and yes.

The 3 is a very very good budget machine.  The 4 is just a bit better, imho.

The SSD, cooler and GTX770 are definitely worth the higher cost.

I store all my system files and games on the SSD, while large data files (like music and movies) are holding in the HDD.

I don't understand the differentiation between wired and wifi.  All Vanquish models need the wifi dongle.  This should make no difference in cooling or number of drives.
Rockcem View Drop Down

Quote Rockcem Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Snaike

Yes.

Yes and yes.

The 3 is a very very good budget machine.  The 4 is just a bit better, imho.

The SSD, cooler and GTX770 are definitely worth the higher cost.

I store all my system files and games on the SSD, while large data files (like music and movies) are holding in the HDD.

I don't understand the differentiation between wired and wifi.  All Vanquish models need the wifi dongle.  This should make no difference in cooling or number of drives.

Okay! Awesome! You sir are the reason I will buy a L4 instead of a L3 :p
 Post Reply Post Reply