FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish II Level 4 Observation

Post Date: 2014-03-27

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
garytex View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote garytex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish II Level 4 Observation
    Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 10:34am
Received my Vanquish II Level 4 yesterday.  Too early for any true evaluation, but so far I have been very impressed.  DS is a quality company.

One interesting observation - I have a Performance MX (Logitech) wireless mouse, which uses a USB dongle to connect.  I am not sure whether it is Bluetooth technology or not.  Anyway, after firing up the new computer and working on it for an hour using my wireless mouse, I realize that I did not switch over the USB dongle to the new computer.  So, how is the Vanquish II processing the signal from the wireless mouse?  There is nothing in the Asus literature or web site which speaks to inherent wireless technology in the motherboard.

Just curious,

Gary
Houston, TX 
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 11:11am
  Whoa Assuming you have the H81M-C motherboard, I don't see how.   Don't throw anything at me Hahaha, but you sure the monitor isn't still hooked to the old pc? 

Unless I'm missing something.  Which can certainly happen. Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 27 Mar 2014 at 11:11am
garytex View Drop Down

Quote garytex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 11:28am
The motherboard is supposed to be the ASUS H81M-E but I haven't confirmed that visually.

bprat22 - I am not a computer expert by any means, although this is the very first computer that I haven't built since I started gaming 25 years ago.  So I think that the monitor is hooked up to the right PC.  But they are side-by-side right now.  It would be great if somehow my old slow 300GB drive just somehow was magically replaced by a sweet SSD and a 1TB drive, with Windows 8.  But, alas, I think there must be another reason. 
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 11:33am
Didn't mean any offense.  Big%20Smile    Just throwing things out there. 

Another thought ... the dongle is hooked to the old pc and not a usb hub on the monitor like some have?    I'm sure it is hooked to the pc, but had to ask. 

After that, you really have me. 

garytex View Drop Down

Quote garytex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 12:31pm
I actually was so surprised/shocked that I took the small dongle out of the old PC USB port, held it in my hand for awhile, and then put it on the desk in front of me all by itself, all while moving the mouse on the screen of the new PC.

I'll play around with it tonight to learn more.  Perhaps the euphoria of my new PC overwhelmed my sense of logic last night.
garytex View Drop Down

Quote garytex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 12:39pm
Ah, I finally figured it out! 

The visible dongle that I thought was for the mouse was actually for my wife's fitbit.  The dongle for the mouse was connected to a hub/extension which was hidden between the wall and my desk.  I put it in a long time ago and forgot about it.   I just had to pull apart my entire desk area to see that.  Glad to have it resolved.  Mo more magic bluetooth motherboard. 

Sorry to waste time with this post.  bprat22, thanks for your help.

Admin, please delete this thread.

Gary
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 12:46pm
So glad you figured it out. Had me scratching my head.

No waste of time in my book. An easy oversight and maybe others will learn from this thread.

Enjoy.
 Post Reply Post Reply